U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:55 PM

452 posts, read 984,620 times

Advertisements

Just got home from work (I live in FH) and found out there was a mexican murdered here last night in a very nice subdivision--Copperwynd.

Does anyone know anything? I moved here for the safety for my family. This is scary stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 12:44 AM

79 posts, read 261,512 times
Well the news say he was found dead in a parking lot of a business in FH.

It usually means he worked there and brought his problems with him. So it would likely not be a random murder (meaning that the perpetrator did not know the victim before).

Old 05-19-2008, 01:30 AM

4,248 posts, read 6,712,768 times
I can tell you there were two woman murdered in FH within the past year. One thinks it's safe, but are there anymore safe places left?

Old 05-19-2008, 01:36 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,759,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
One thinks it's safe, but are there anymore safe places left?

Exactly, you can live in the richest and most upscale community out there and the chance of crime still exists. Sure, it may be more rare than other places, but this stuff can happen anywhere sadly.

My prayers are with this person's family during a tragic time.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:55 AM

687 posts, read 1,227,659 times
People get murdered sometimes. Unfortunate.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:21 AM

17,613 posts, read 20,995,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
Just got home from work (I live in FH) and found out there was a mexican murdered here last night in a very nice subdivision--Copperwynd.

Does anyone know anything? I moved here for the safety for my family. This is scary stuff.
You must ask yourself - are you a drug dealer? gang member? smuggle people? have a violent spouse? If you answer no to all of those, relax, turn out the lights, go to bed. It doesn't matter where you live, you will most assuredly die of something else besides murder. Focus on the real risks - wear your seatbelt.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:09 AM

7,989 posts, read 16,238,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You must ask yourself - are you a drug dealer? gang member? smuggle people? have a violent spouse? If you answer no to all of those, relax, turn out the lights, go to bed. It doesn't matter where you live, you will most assuredly die of something else besides murder. Focus on the real risks - wear your seatbelt.
Excellent post and advice, Ponderosa!

All too often there seems to be a direct link between DRUGS and MURDER.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:58 PM

452 posts, read 984,620 times
yes, I know that, but for it to be brought here is a shock. I do not live in an upscale neighborhood, am not rich. But I pretty much stay out of Phoenix, Mesa, etc when it gets dark for fear of drive by shootings, etc. The two women they found dead here last year, no one has ever said truly what it was. Murder? Suicide? No one has ever said. Yes, I know that this person brought his problems here, but what a scarey world we live in.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:20 PM

1,535 posts, read 805,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
yes, I know that, but for it to be brought here is a shock. I do not live in an upscale neighborhood, am not rich. But I pretty much stay out of Phoenix, Mesa, etc when it gets dark for fear of drive by shootings, etc. The two women they found dead here last year, no one has ever said truly what it was. Murder? Suicide? No one has ever said. Yes, I know that this person brought his problems here, but what a scarey world we live in.
Stay out of Phoenix and Mesa at night because of drive by shooting fears?
You have been watching the news waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much!!
Get a little perspective!

Old 05-19-2008, 02:57 PM

264 posts, read 731,003 times
Man people in Phoenix live in fear like the murder rate is at 50%.. it's at around 0.0075% chance you'll be murdered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area