Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 06:57 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,261,295 times

Advertisements

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...-suns-top-spot

This is despite one of our star players (Devin Booker) missing some of the games due a hamstring injury. The Suns appear to be on their way to another spot in the finals if they keep up the momentum. I'm hopeful that they can go all the way & finally score a championship title. It's long overdue!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 08:13 PM

13,716 posts, read 7,987,762 times
Huge NBA fan growing up but not so much these days. I remember when the Phx Suns had Connie Hawkins and when they lost the coin toss to Milwaukee for Alcindor (name back then.) Then ended up going with Neil Walk. I recall Charlie Scott (who jumped to the Suns from the ABA.) made several all-star team as a Sun during the 70's.

I enjoyed the excitement last year when the Suns made it to the finals.

I'll be routing to repeat this year.

Old 12-22-2021, 08:15 PM

1,810 posts, read 899,421 times
Wouldn’t go even if was free. Much rather watch a good high school game.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:21 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Bunch of fuddy duddies here.

Although it’s a topic all it’s own, when was the last time Phoenix had two competitive major sports teams? It’s gotta be late 90s early 00s Suns and DBacks

Old 12-23-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Bunch of fuddy duddies here.

Although it’s a topic all it’s own, when was the last time Phoenix had two competitive major sports teams? It’s gotta be late 90s early 00s Suns and DBacks
The Cardinals made it to the Super Bowl in 2009, and the Suns also had a pretty good season at that time. 2020 & 2021 might be the best the Suns have been since 1993 (the days of Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Majerle, Ainge, etc.). But who cares about pro sports when there are bunch of wonderful high school games to attend?
()

Old 12-30-2021, 10:32 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,724,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...-suns-top-spot

This is despite one of our star players (Devin Booker) missing some of the games due a hamstring injury. The Suns appear to be on their way to another spot in the finals if they keep up the momentum. I'm hopeful that they can go all the way & finally score a championship title. It's long overdue!
The Suns have one BIG obstacle standing in their way to repeat as Western Conference Champs and making it to the finals; the Golden State Warriors! They already have beaten the Suns twice this season (only team to do so) and will be tough to overcome once they get Klay Thompson, one of their best players, back. The Suns can do it, but it will be more difficult than last year.

Old 12-31-2021, 07:37 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,733,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
The Suns have one BIG obstacle standing in their way to repeat as Western Conference Champs and making it to the finals; the Golden State Warriors! They already have beaten the Suns twice this season (only team to do so) and will be tough to overcome once they get Klay Thompson, one of their best players, back. The Suns can do it, but it will be more difficult than last year.

Yah, yah. Last year it was "no way the Suns can knock of the Lakers in round 1". It's a long year, lets just take it day by day and see how things look when the playoffs get closer. Being #1 right now does not mean a whole lot to me but I do love the addition of McGee so far.

Old 01-01-2022, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Unfortunately, you are correct. In fact, the Suns have had faced some rotten luck lately, and have now fallen to second place (behind the Warriors). The Suns can still become Western Conference champs and play in the finals if they work like hell & don't lose any of their key players due to injuries, sickness, etc.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:28 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,733,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Unfortunately, you are correct. In fact, the Suns have had faced some rotten luck lately, and have now fallen to second place (behind the Warriors). The Suns can still become Western Conference champs and play in the finals if they work like hell & don't lose any of their key players due to injuries, sickness, etc.

It's January, it's great to be in first place now but means nothing for the playoffs yet. They will just keep grinding and can hopefully be healthy when it really matters, for the playoff run.

Old 01-02-2022, 06:48 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,724,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Yah, yah. Last year it was "no way the Suns can knock of the Lakers in round 1". It's a long year, lets just take it day by day and see how things look when the playoffs get closer. Being #1 right now does not mean a whole lot to me but I do love the addition of McGee so far.
I like the McGee and other additions as well. This team is built for the playoffs and is even better this year but so are the Warriors and Jazz. The Suns are in the most competitive division in the NBA with three teams who could potentially win it all. (Suns, Warriors, Jazz) It won't be easy, but is certainly doable to repeat as WC champs and get back to the finals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area