U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 01:27 PM

10,112 posts, read 13,102,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertMom View Post
You "heard" that Reed Porter is Mormon? You are defending the Mormon church just like a mormon, but I guess that if you didn't know that Trend Homes was owned by the Porters, you must be Episcopalian.
I don't know who Reed Porter is nor do I know for a fact that he is a Mormon. I heard that the people that ran Trend were Mormon. Are you judging the Church on how someone runs a business? The Church doesn't run the business, these are people like any other people that run a business. Would it make a difference if they were Baptist or Catholic? The company became a part of the real estate mess that is affecting many business organizations. Doesn't make the people bad does it? I don't personally know any of the Owners Managers or employees of Trend. The fact is our home is being built by Richmond American. My only interest here is because of the fact that a remark on the Mormon Church rescuing this company and that is not how the Church works.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:17 PM

930 posts, read 1,497,781 times
Richmond America is giving you a gift by lowering the price 50k to market value. I would be extremely grateful.

Why is it then when a home goes up in value the homeowner thinks that profit is theirs? But when a home goes down in value, some people seem to feel that the builder, lender and even government should cover that loss.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:40 AM

4,487 posts, read 9,832,886 times
This have gotten WAY off-topic and the OP has gotten much feedback to help her so this thread is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area