U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 05:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,606 times

Advertisements

Hello, Arizona. I was just accepted off a wait list for an ASU MFA program in Tempe, and am rushing to collect apartment info before TA training starts.

My fiancee and I will be moving in from Indiana and are looking for an apartment within commuting distance from ASU Tempe. I've been poring over archives here and am getting a general idea for the area, but I'm still a bit unclear as to the sane commuting radius--for a student/teacher at ASU, are Scottsdale, Glendale, Gilbert all in fact feasible? What about Ahwatukee, or is that pushing it? I've read that a lot of grad students cluster in Scottsdale; true?

Mostly we're looking for someplace quiet. I'm a fraternity alum, so we're not exactly anal about dead silence, but we'd still rather not be drowning in undergrad fiestas if we can help it. Also, we're looking for safer areas. I'm from the Chicago/Gary part of Indiana, so I know 'safe' is hardly an absolute term and that cities will be cities...but still. Comparatively speaking.

So, what do you guys think of the ASU commuting radius (don't want to go more than 45 minutes)? And do any of you know any specific apartments/neighborhoods in Tempe (I hear South Tempe is better?) or the surrounding cities that are good? Thanks so much for any info you can give us.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 10:54 AM

3,632 posts, read 15,564,074 times
Stay in the east valley and you should be fine. That would mean Glendale is too far. Ahwatukee isn't far from ASU, either is Gilbert really.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:24 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,545,571 times
I will dm you some listings for sale- maybe the townhouses are also available to rent
Also, do a search ( upper central area) for ASU condos or ASU off campus living. Quite a lot of good posts have been written related to your question.

Please note, I am not a realtor. I am looking to buy property near ASU and have a great realtor helping me out.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:32 PM

5,610 posts, read 22,361,728 times
I'd stick to South Tempe, Western Chandler, or Ahwatukee (basically look at the map of the boundaries of the Kyrene elementary school district-- anything within those boundaries). The commute to ASU will be doable (although it could still take you a good 30-35 minute drive). Absolutely forget Glendale; I'd toss Gilbert out too. Nothing wrong with Gilbert, but you can find communities just as suburban that are closer in to ASU. There's really no reason to live in Gilbert IMO unless if you are buying a property there. Scottsdale apartment complexes (despite the "upscale" reputation) can be just as noisy and problematic as Tempe apartment complexes.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,871 times
If you would prefer to live close to ASU, I would look at Rancho Las Palmas Apartments. They are in Tempe, within walking distance of the campus. There are several floor plans to choose from and the rent was quite affordable. There are floor plans posted on the website at:

[url]http://www.pinnacleholdingsinc.com[/url]

Good luck with your move!

Regards,

ASUALumn

Old 09-07-2008, 11:25 PM

2 posts, read 4,871 times
If you would prefer to live close to ASU, I would look at Rancho Las Palmas Apartments. They are in Tempe, within walking distance of the campus. There are several floor plans to choose from and the rent was quite affordable. There are floor plans posted on the website at:

[url]http://www.pinnacleholdingsinc.com[/url]

Good luck with your move!

Regards,

ASUALumn

Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,164 times
I can lease you an apartment with a great special! We are in Glendale, check out our website so you can see photos and ammenities. [url=http://www.isyourhome.com]Wasatch Is your Home[/url] one bedrooms are starting at $499.00 and two bedroom two baths at $550 call me and I can help you. Veronica 623-842-2294.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:13 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,485,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vguerrr899 View Post
I can lease you an apartment with a great special! We are in Glendale, check out our website so you can see photos and ammenities. Wasatch Is your Home one bedrooms are starting at $499.00 and two bedroom two baths at $550 call me and I can help you. Veronica 623-842-2294.

Well judging by the fact this post a almost a year old and the OP only made one post. We can safely assume your post is nothing but spam. Now move along
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area