Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 08:40 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
LOL, true that. I will agree, Chicago has more "real" thugs and much more violent crimes against persons than does Phoenix. I don't think I would brag about that however. Steve-OH brings up the same arguements in different threads after he is rebuffed in those, he moves on and "spouts" the same BS to different people. Look at the Houston/Phoenix thread, and a few others for answers to Steve-o's drivel, as it gets old having to argue the same facts over and over about how the Phoenix is not what Steve-o tries to make it! He really tried to downplay the truth about Phoenix's great advancement as a top metro area and its continued growth in that direction.
I have noticed an inordinate number of Phx bashers here in this Forum.

Sad: to the best of my knowledge; I have never gone onto an Illinois Forum and slammed Chi (or any place else).

Some people happen to like living there------me, there is no way. The foul winters are the #1 reason and if I am going to tolerate overcrowding, I would move back to SoCal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 08:45 AM

269 posts, read 1,100,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
LOL, true that. I will agree, Chicago has more "real" thugs and much more violent crimes against persons than does Phoenix. I don't think I would brag about that however. Steve-OH brings up the same arguements in different threads after he is rebuffed in those, he moves on and "spouts" the same BS to different people. Look at the Houston/Phoenix thread, and a few others for answers to Steve-o's drivel, as it gets old having to argue the same facts over and over about how the Phoenix is not what Steve-o tries to make it! He really tried to downplay the truth about Phoenix's great advancement as a top metro area and its continued growth in that direction.

LOL!!!

Well put! It is sad to think that a cetain individual thinks that because his father-in-law lives in Phoenix, that it somehow entitles him to be the all knowing figure of everything Arizona. What is even more sad is that this trolling has forced many friends of mine of the Illinois forum to stop posting all together, and that the same trolling that has made a bad name for the Illinois forum, is now spilling over into, of all places, the Arizona forum. Believe me when I tell you that these remarks do not reflect what most in the Illinois board think of Arizona or Phoenix. This does not look good for C-D to allow certain individuals these kinds of rights. Not to mention that these ignorant comments to not look well on the Chicagoland education system.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:53 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUalumni View Post
LOL!!!

Well put! It is sad to think that a cetain individual thinks that because his father-in-law lives in Phoenix, that it somehow entitles him to be the all knowing figure of everything Arizona. What is even more sad is that this trolling has forced many friends of mine of the Illinois forum to stop posting all together, and that the same trolling that has made a bad name for the Illinois forum, is now spilling over into, of all places, the Arizona forum. Believe me when I tell you that these remarks to not reflect what most in the Illinois board think of Arizona or Phoenix. This does not look good for C-D to allow certain individuals these kinds of rights. Not to mention that these ignorant comments to not look well on the Chicagoland education system.
I find it interesting that you can learn a good deal about Chicago by reading the Phoenix forum. At times it seems that every other thread has been hijacked into a Chicago vs Phoenix argument. I've been on the forum a while and can spot instantly when a thread is going to be hijacked. All you have to do is mention anything even remotely negative about the midwest - the humidity, traffic, crime and the "Defender" leaps into action hijacking the thread and insulting anyone who dares to disagree. You are spot on in observing that certain individuals appear to have carte blanche when it comes to following the terms of service. And you are not alone in wishing the owners would do something about it.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:51 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,351,166 times
Well, "gentlemen", its better to defend ones home than it is to be completely delusional (as you all seem to be regarding PHX). Ill leave it at that.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:58 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,351,166 times
Quote:
LOL!!!

Well put! It is sad to think that a cetain individual thinks that because his father-in-law lives in Phoenix, that it somehow entitles him to be the all knowing figure of everything Arizona. What is even more sad is that this trolling has forced many friends of mine of the Illinois forum to stop posting all together, and that the same trolling that has made a bad name for the Illinois forum, is now spilling over into, of all places, the Arizona forum. Believe me when I tell you that these remarks do not reflect what most in the Illinois board think of Arizona or Phoenix. This does not look good for C-D to allow certain individuals these kinds of rights. Not to mention that these ignorant comments to not look well on the Chicagoland education system.
Dude, you got LAUGHED off the IL boards, and now take refuge amongst your "friends" in AZ (which you havent even moved to yet) and think you have some kind of clout now? LMFAO Gee, Im not accepted on my own boards, so Ill come to the AZ boards where I can participate in some Steve-o bashing with the other crazies. Nice, buddy.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:05 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
As a Life Long Arizona and Phoenix area resident (60+ years), I can say with confidence that those from Chicago don't know JACK about Phoenix or Arizona -

Old 05-31-2008, 11:17 AM

269 posts, read 1,100,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Dude, you got LAUGHED off the IL boards, and now take refuge amongst your "friends" in AZ (which you havent even moved to yet) and think you have some kind of clout now? LMFAO Gee, Im not accepted on my own boards, so Ill come to the AZ boards where I can participate in some Steve-o bashing with the other crazies. Nice, buddy.
I don't recall getting "LAUGHED off the IL boards", but I'll let you believe what you will. Many of us have found that it is no use to help the helpless realize what is right in front of them. The reason why many of us do not frequent the IL boards like we did before, is because of the constant attacks by you. In fact, I think it was you who everyone pretty much determined was out of touch with reality, and without a doubt laughed you off, when you so wonderfully declared that suburbanizing the world's most fertile farmland was "classy and full of soul". Maybe I should foward the DMs I got on that to you! After that incident, and the board was closed, C-D actually lost members.

By the way, I'm glad that you know me so well and all, but I don't recall ever saying that I was moving to Arizona. Not sure where you got that? Hmmmmm.... If anything I will be forced into moving up to ugly western Chicagoland within the next year. Won't that be a treat? Also, I didn't follow you here to the Arizona boards. I come here alot because I find Arizona to be an amazing place. It just so happens, (imagine this), that I found you going on and on about the same things over and over and over and over and over again. Do you ever get the hint? Please mods, take action and help us all!!! Is there no board that is free from these constant attacks?!!!

Old 05-31-2008, 11:25 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,013,633 times
Quote:
I don't recall getting "LAUGHED off the IL boards", but I'll let you believe what you will. Many of us have found that it is no use to help the helpless realize what is right in front of them. The reason why many of us do not frequent the IL boards like we did before, is because of the constant attacks by you. In fact, I think it was you who everyone pretty much determined was out of touch with reality, and without a doubt laughed you off, when you so wonderfully declared that suburbanizing the world's most fertile farmland was "classy and full of soul". Maybe I should foward the DMs I got on that to you! After that incident, and the board was closed, C-D actually lost members.

By the way, I'm glad that you know me so well and all, but I don't recall ever saying that I was moving to Arizona. Not sure where you got that? Hmmmmm.... If anything I will be forced into moving up to ugly western Chicagoland within the next year. Won't that be a treat? Also, I didn't follow you here to the Arizona boards. I come here alot because I find Arizona to be an amazing place. It just so happens, (imagine this), that I found you going on and on about the same things over and over and over and over and over again. Do you ever get the hint? Please mods, take action and help us all!!! Is there no board that is free from these constant attacks?!!!
EXACTLY! I get many PM's from people in AZ and other places that read the forums and refuse to post because of personal attacks and negativity form others. Since I've started posting FACTS about Phoenix, those that have always felt the Phoenix is not at all like some would like to make it, have emailed me to thank me for confirming their beliefs and feelings. Many of these people are new to Phoenix, natives to the area, or those that travel here for business or pleasure. Most of these people admit that they have no facts and don't know where to find it to rebuff others attacks. They ask me how I know about finding such material. Well, honestly, its my career and I have been studying this (Western Growth, Phoenix Growth) for most of the decade.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:49 AM

23 posts, read 79,335 times
phoenix = a blip on the radar

Old 05-31-2008, 11:51 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckoner View Post
phoenix = a blip on the radar
A very BIG "blip" though -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area