Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 04:41 AM

369 posts, read 2,165,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
Illegal aliens causing the dollar to crash? Now I have heard it all.

The reason the dollar is in such a sorry state is because of a variety of factor but I can't think one real reason it would be from the number of illegal aliens in the US. Sounds like more Fox News style red meat for the brain dead racists in Phoenix to slop up.

Our dollar sucks because of the huge drop in interest rates required to prevent even further disaster in the housing market. Trust in the US economy and thus demand for the dollar overseas is at historic lows. This is partly because of the strength of Europe and Asia and partly because we have bankrupted ourselves playing empire building in Iraq. Our deficit is the largest ever and this has had a huge effect on the strength of the dollar. If anything, illegal aliens are helping our economy by doing the services that most fat lazy Americans won't do.

You forgot to mention we've spent a ton of money rounding up these cockroaches, and shipping them back to where they belong... Only to do it again, and again.. Everything you said in this message above is correct. Don't try to act like the situation we are in with illegal immigration doesn't contribute to the problems we are seeing today.

In the future, the history books are going to say exactly what happened.. And teachers and children will sit there wondering why we saw what was going on, and didn't do anything about it.

P.S. I'm not really political at all. I feel as if every election is almost like watching alien vs predator.. No matter who wins.. we the people lose.. One person isn't going to fix the problem. We need a group effort. Everyone who loves this country should step up... Before matters get out of control
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 10:35 AM

34 posts, read 144,509 times
Default way to go, Joe !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness ! Finally ! I wish there were thousands of Sheriff Joe's all over the country !
I am married to a hispanic, my kids and grandkids are hispanic....but all are LEGAL. The illegals are sucking us dry. John McCain is in DC trying to give millions more of our tax dollars to illegals ! The average wait in LA at an emergency room is 11 hours !!! And how many of those people will actually pay for the medical care they receive....VERY FEW....because tax payers pay for it ! Their children flood our schools, so that we (tax payers) can pay for their children to be educated. Our children have to sit in overcrowded classrooms and find it difficult to learn because of that. Their criminals are here too, and we pay to house and feed them ! The Federal Government is more than happy to dole out our hard earned cash to people that have no right to be here and broke the law to get here, as soon as they stepped over the border. They are grabbing food stamps and every other handout that they can, and we are allowing it !
I am all for LEGAL immigration. I am all for voluntary gifts of charity. But I do not like working my ass off so that the government can give my money away to people that have no right to be here. Jail employers that hire illegals. Jail landlords that rent to illegals. Stop the government handouts !
We have not even touched on the fact that blue collar wages keep going lower as more illegal people come in. Saying Americans wont do certain jobs is ridiculous....they just don't want to do the job for ridiculously low wages ! The only winners here...Big Business, and that is why our Federal government allows it to continue, ON OUR DIME ! Way to go, Sheriff Joe !!!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:40 AM

ILLEGALS....YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE WORD ?
dO

Old 06-16-2008, 10:47 AM

419 posts, read 1,525,258 times
I haven't heard any follow-up with the businesses that were raided. Sure, they got a couple dozen illegals. Big deal. The point of this whole effort was to penalize the businesses, not so much the employees. Is it just that the process of showing intent takes a while? How likely, other than video surveilance or blatant incriminating documentation, is it to even prove an employer's intent?

Old 06-16-2008, 10:49 AM

ILLEGALS....YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE WORD ?
Any idea how much of our hard earned tax money goes toward feeding them with food stamps, paying their medical/emergency room care, paying for their children to go to school, paying for their criminals to be housed and fed, not to mention the cost of lost jobs due to huge decreases in wages ? We still have not touched on identity theft, fraudulent use of social security numbers. Have you not noticed how many 14 and 15 year old hispanic girls are walking around pregnant, that WE (tax payers) pay for, at around $10,000 a baby ? Not to mention that it is illegal when 20 year old guys are knocking them up !
This is an invasion, and one that is crushing us financially. If anyone does not see that, they are blind or ignorant. You feel like paying for all of that ? GREAT ! You pay for it....house a family....pay for their doctors....pay for their kids to go to school...feed them...pay for their jails and prisons, all while losing your job to them if you are a blue collar worker. I am all for voluntary charity, but I do NOT want the government giving away my money to people that have no right to be here.
My family is hispanic....LEGAL. I am a white collar worker...no job loss here. But if you do not see the damage that this is doing to our country, you are , well...you know.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:09 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
There is no way I will cheer on Sheriff Joe. He ought to be out there looking for felons who are on the loose rather than illegals.
Yeah well last time I check it was against the law to commit fraud, and Im pretty sure its bad for everyone when SSN are being ripped off.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:10 PM

214 posts, read 1,061,422 times
To the people saying Joe Arpaio should go after felons not illegals probably don`t know that 85% of murder warrents in the phoenix area are for illegal aliens 95% in LA area.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:50 AM

369 posts, read 2,165,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam721 View Post
To the people saying Joe Arpaio should go after felons not illegals probably don`t know that 85% of murder warrents in the phoenix area are for illegal aliens 95% in LA area.
Exactly.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:06 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam721 View Post
really? well there you have it.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:01 PM

285 posts, read 901,971 times
Sheriff Joe is GREAT!!!! Now if we could get the federal gov't to do their job we might have a chance with security in the country as well as stopping the illegals from crossing in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area