Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:06 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Yes, illegal immigration is against the law, however, how do you explain that the governor and I are in agreement regarding his priorities? She must be not very smart, as well.
Well, Im glad you finally see that illegal immigration is, well, ILLEGAL, but who cares if AZ's governor and you see eye-to-eye on the issue, doesnt mean that what Joe is doing is wrong.

Moderator cut: orphaned quote

Last edited by aj661; 06-11-2008 at 04:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 02:08 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Well, Im glad you finally see that illegal immigration is, well, ILLEGAL, but who cares if AZ's governor and you see eye-to-eye on the issue, doesnt mean that what Joe is doing is wrong.
Are you saying the governor does not uphold what should be done and what is proper, with respect to allocation of resources? BTW, there are federal bans against racial profiling, so I guess that is against the law as well.

Moderator cut: orphaned quote
Now, enough of personal stuff. I will hold up my end of this bargain if you will.

Last edited by aj661; 06-11-2008 at 04:41 PM..

Old 06-11-2008, 02:23 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Are you saying the governor does not uphold what should be done and what is proper, with respect to allocation of resources? BTW, there are federal bans against racial profiling, so I guess that is against the law as well.

In response to your tough **** comment?

Now, enough of personal stuff. I will hold up my end of this bargain if you will.
You are right: 'racial profiling' does not catch all illegal immigrants from Mexico/Central America-------some of 'em are 'White'.

That stated: illegal is illegal (from any country)---------I want 'em all gone post haste.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You are right: 'racial profiling' does not catch all illegal immigrants from Mexico/Central America-------some of 'em are 'White'.

That stated: illegal is illegal (from any country)---------I want 'em all gone post haste.
I know, as I've read several of your posts in the immigration forum. I respect your opinion, as I expect mine to be respected as well.

The whole racial profiling aspect gets sticky, as debate centers around whether it is a 4th amendment violation. Since this thread is in support of Sheriff Joe, and I am not, I am going to say what I think and point out his questionable practices. Now, as I mentioned previously, I do favor his position on animals. I just don't agree with the rest of what he does.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:20 PM

13 posts, read 39,027 times
Quote:
Actually, I do speak Spanish. It's my lawn guy who wants to speak English with me. I figure it's a good thing to let him speak this language, even though my preference would be Spanish. Why do I do this? Because he's good, decent, hard working and deserves a chance. He may very well be here legally too, and I suspect he is, as he has a regular day job and now they have that E-Verify system that everyone has to go through. The guy works seven days a week. Those are the values and work ethic this country was built upon. Why shouldn't I? It has nothing to do with ego, and I don't even get that statement.

BTW, we as a country should not EVEN be over in Iraq and then there would be no worries about paying for the military's healthcare. But it's always conservatives and Sheriff Joe supporters who typically want to see us in these situations.
Thank you for this post; it has made it much easier for me to disregard your other postings about issues I'm researching!.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforparadise View Post
Thank you for this post; it has made it much easier for me to disregard your other postings about issues I'm researching!.
You're welcome, but I would really appreciate it if people would take the time to demonstrate just where I am in error regarding the FACTS. All these unsubstantiated PERSONAL opinions which really do not add value get tiresome. I just chalk yours up to ANOTHER OPINION as you disagree with me, with no explanation. Oh well, sigh. Whatever.

And yet another out-of-stater. :rollseyes:

Old 06-11-2008, 04:39 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
i could care less what the governors opinion is as it's irrelevant

she holds an executive position and as such has no bearing on consitutionality or legality of anything - just because she doesn't feel something should get resources (allocating resources is a big part of her job) doesn't make it illegal

if the MCSO is breaking the law or going againt the consititution there is only one place to determine if they are indeed acting illegaly and that is through the courts

is there a court ruling on the immigration sweeps in AZ? - if not we cannot say it's a fact they are illegal - the only facts are that there is a law on the books they are trying to enforce, a law put there by the people of AZ

Old 06-11-2008, 04:41 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforparadise View Post
Me too! Talk about racial profiling. Just because your a Mexican landscaper doesn't mean your an illegal border jumper. You might want to ask him if he is in favor of deportation? Hey, ask him in Spanish, wink. Really, this subject is grinding. The majority of Arizonans want legal citizens here. Your just in the minority. Maybe you should just research why that is and let it go. When you try to save everybody you just end up saving nobody. Your going to cut off your nose despite your face if you let the illegals stay and do illegal things to keep themselves here. They are not minding their own business, they can't. Not and stay in our country sneaking around and lying. The reason your intelligence is under fire is because one of the first things you learn is the pyramid that is formed when lying. It takes another lie, and another lie just to keep up the first one until your such a liar that you can no longer keep it up. That is the problem with illegals. They have to keep up the illegal activity to make the first one work. Fake id's, driving with out a license, not paying taxes, dealing drugs for money to eat, etc........ It goes on and on until they are caught doing a lot of illegal crap. It's just how lying works. It's never and I repeat, never a GOOD idea. It's only an idea. There are a lot of those.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:32 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
BTW, there are federal bans against racial profiling, so I guess that is against the law as well
Yes, Im well aware of that, thank you very much. Apparently you didnt notice the Polish illegals that were busted in Iowa? If youre illegal, you get the boot, regardless of race.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Me too! Talk about racial profiling. Just because your a Mexican landscaper doesn't mean your an illegal border jumper. You might want to ask him if he is in favor of deportation? Hey, ask him in Spanish, wink. Really, this subject is grinding. The majority of Arizonans want legal citizens here. Your just in the minority. Maybe you should just research why that is and let it go. When you try to save everybody you just end up saving nobody. Your going to cut off your nose despite your face if you let the illegals stay and do illegal things to keep themselves here. They are not minding their own business, they can't. Not and stay in our country sneaking around and lying. The reason your intelligence is under fire is because one of the first things you learn is the pyramid that is formed when lying. It takes another lie, and another lie just to keep up the first one until your such a liar that you can no longer keep it up. That is the problem with illegals. They have to keep up the illegal activity to make the first one work. Fake id's, driving with out a license, not paying taxes, dealing drugs for money to eat, etc........ It goes on and on until they are caught doing a lot of illegal crap. It's just how lying works. It's never and I repeat, never a GOOD idea. It's only an idea. There are a lot of those.
Oh brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area