Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 11:21 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandreamer View Post
sablebaby....hi We are going to be visiting there next week. We are Canadian and will be looking into moving there soon. Hey do you need someone to work for you in your hypnosis business?? My partner is a certified hypnotheraphist. It never hurts to ask. Looking forward to your reply!
I wish! I actually just closed up shop. The economy hit this occupation hard! I was going pretty good until the summer hit. My google adwords went from 30 hits or more a month to 1-2!! I let go of my office a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I have a cable commercial coming out sometime (was supposed to come out back in May-June to help with the momentum I was experiencing). This a TOUGH market. We have a lot of competition as well.

I believe, if I receive any calls, I will find an hourly office and make some extra cash. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 11:28 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Still working tons of OT here...Aerospace mfg. Let's hope it continues...

Old 11-16-2008, 02:40 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
I friend of mine (and everyone he works with) is on mandatory OT until the end of the year. He works in production at P&G. Some industries are doing well.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:39 AM

63 posts, read 255,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Still working tons of OT here...Aerospace mfg. Let's hope it continues...
YAZ I just posted that i was looking for info on machining jobs. Can you help me out.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:41 PM

4 posts, read 33,528 times
I recently visited Phoenix because I wanted to move there. (to Chandler or Gilbert) I am a teacher but I'm afraid to now because I was told the school district have had terrible budget cuts and the teachers are worried about their jobs. Is this accurate?

Old 03-07-2009, 09:59 PM

78 posts, read 270,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillededieu4110 View Post
I recently visited Phoenix because I wanted to move there. (to Chandler or Gilbert) I am a teacher but I'm afraid to now because I was told the school district have had terrible budget cuts and the teachers are worried about their jobs. Is this accurate?
Yeah it's been on the news a lot lately. I think I even remember some teacher layoffs being announced a few days ago.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:51 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillededieu4110 View Post
It was tough getting teaching jobs during the boom. I can't imagine it's any easier now. I know people who were working two jobs: one as a substitute teacher and the other as a waiter/waitress just to make ends meet. A lot of people substitute teach for years in the nice school districts just to break in and get a full time job. It's very competitive. I don't want to demoralize you but I want you to prepared as well. Whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:57 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It was tough getting teaching jobs during the boom. I can't imagine it's any easier now. I know people who were working two jobs: one as a substitute teacher and the other as a waiter/waitress just to make ends meet. A lot of people substitute teach for years in the nice school districts just to break in and get a full time job. It's very competitive. I don't want to demoralize you but I want you to prepared as well. Whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck.
My wife and my friend's life story. Both are working two teaching jobs. One during the day other at night. One is barely getting by and the other i don't see till 9PM, but this gives me time to do school work anyway.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:31 PM

18 posts, read 42,929 times
Hi, I am thinking of moving to Phoenix/Scottsdale. I'm a Personal Trainer. How is the fitness market there? Also, Sable, so cool that you are into hypnosis. Do you do weight loss hypnosis? One of my projects that I always wanted to do was partner with a hypnotherapist to help clients stay on track. I experiment with brainwave entrainment and NLP on myself and it works really well. Just a though.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:57 AM

496 posts, read 1,055,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Horticulturist. . . and, may I add, working outdoors in the summertime. . . . I gotta be crazy!

I love to garden Getting a bit hot now though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area