Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:39 PM

47 posts, read 134,715 times

Advertisements

Ok, I'm visiting AZ for the last 7 days and it appears that every thing is geared towards Senior Citizens, especially the RV parks.

My husband is ready to pack up and go to Atlanta or Tennesse because AZ doesn't seem to family friendly. What do the kids and families do in AZ for FUN? We were focusing on Phoenix area but I am open to other areas.

What can my kids 8 and 3 do on a typical Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in the summer? Are there some indoor places that the locals frequent that we are overlooking? I realized that it's too hot for people to be outside but what do the kids do in the summer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 01:43 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StartToday View Post
Ok, I'm visiting AZ for the last 7 days and it appears that every thing is geared towards Senior Citizens, especially the RV parks.

My husband is ready to pack up and go to Atlanta or Tennesse because AZ doesn't seem to family friendly. What do the kids and families do in AZ for FUN? We were focusing on Phoenix area but I am open to other areas.

What can my kids 8 and 3 do on a typical Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in the summer? Are there some indoor places that the locals frequent that we are overlooking? I realized that it's too hot for people to be outside but what do the kids do in the summer?
No - Az is not only for Seniors - not by a long shot.

What is there to do?

There are any indoor sports arenas. There are sports all over the place.

There is ice skating / roller skating

There are lakes - many

There are parks all over the place

Etc.

LOTS to do

Old 06-17-2008, 01:53 PM

Where can I find a lake? Is there one for fishing and swimming? Or just fishing is fine.

Roller skating would be nice do you know of a skating rink? I'll also google it.

The park I saw had no children at it. I figured it was too hot.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:40 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,162,378 times
Only certain parts will be mostly senior citizens, but otherwise there are probably a couple million families here. People of all age. I think the average age is early thirties.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:46 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
AZ is family friendly. We have several large lakes for fishing, boating swimming. There are several roller skating rinks and skateboard parks. There are hundreds of grass parks. Lots of movies houses. City swimming pools. Several large sports arenas. 2 zoos. Scouting activities. Actually about anything any large city would have for families and their children.
Families probably outnumber senior citizens 100-1.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:21 PM

812 posts, read 2,306,844 times
Oh and the Arizona State Fair will be coming soon! you'll love that! Can't wait for that.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:23 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,256,544 times
Don't forget the water parks: Big Surf, Sunsplash, and Waterworld. All of them cater to the younger crowd, as well as families. Going to the water parks would be about the only outdoor activity I would recommend during the summer in the Phoenix metro area. It's just too friggin' hot to attempt anything outdoors that isn't associated with water ... unless you want heat stroke!

Old 06-17-2008, 03:25 PM

674 posts, read 2,552,448 times
Don't forget the children museum that just opened.

Welcome to the Children's Museum of Phoenix

Old 06-17-2008, 03:59 PM

Thanks all. My husband want fishing but I don't think he can take the heat while holding the rod,lol.

The children's Museum sounds great. I'm gonna go check out the site. Thanks

Last edited by StartToday; 06-17-2008 at 04:30 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 04:55 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,162,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StartToday View Post
Thanks all. My husband want fishing but I don't think he can take the heat while holding the rod,lol.

The children's Museum sounds great. I'm gonna go check out the site. Thanks
There's always night fishing! My friend's husband does that a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area