Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 05:24 PM

717 posts, read 1,057,621 times

Advertisements

My biggest problem with speed cameras is that they usurp the legal system. How can an individual get a fair shake in court when the only evidence against them is a photo robot? Can we ask it questions? No. So who does one ask questions to in court? A representative responsible for implementing and operating the camera. That same individual stands to gain 50% of the profit from your ticket, so the odds of fair and unbiased testimony aren't great. Where did citizen rights go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 06:19 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
Default Ok A2m69

Who do you work for? I don't remember seeing you listing your employer or don't you have one?????

Old 06-26-2008, 07:40 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,435,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Talk about having ticket problems...
Court date set for driver snapped 22 times by speed cameras
Charlie Jannetto - Jun. 25, 2008 02:26 PM
The Arizona Republic
SCOTTSDALE - The woman snagged 22 times by photo-enforcement cameras on Scottsdale's Loop 101 is scheduled for a July 22 pre-trial conference in Scottsdale City Court.

Jennifer Bitton, 24, of Las Vegas, was arrested by Arizona Department of Public Safety officers Friday on suspicion of criminal speeding, reckless driving and endangerment.

During a 45-day period starting in May, the woman was captured by photo-enforcement cameras on Loop 101 in Scottsdale 22 times, with her top speed at 92 mph, DPS officials said.

Bitton was living in the Valley temporarily when officers arrested her at her parents' north Scottsdale home, officials said.

"Photo enforcement exists to help slow people down, thereby ensuring the safety of everyone on the road," DPS Director Roger Vanderpool said in a statement. "Sadly, some drivers have no regard for the safety of others as they continue to recklessly speed."

During four months in 2006, a Chandler woman racked up more than 70 speeding tickets on Scottsdale's Loop 101.
I don't mind that they pick up random bimbos like these who blatantly disregards all things in life because her parents are rich and bail them out time after time. The Photo Radar Enforcement should pick up people like these, ASAP.....but when they start picking on the regular joe blows who works hard to earn every penny and may inadvertantly make a small mistake of going over 10MPH....then I have a problem!

Old 06-26-2008, 09:56 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2M69 View Post
I don't mind that they pick up random bimbos like these who blatantly disregards all things in life because her parents are rich and bail them out time after time. The Photo Radar Enforcement should pick up people like these, ASAP.....but when they start picking on the regular joe blows who works hard to earn every penny and may inadvertantly make a small mistake of going over 10MPH....then I have a problem!
Such hypocrisy! That the only difference between the gal with all the tickets and you or the OP is that she went longer before she got caught! What planet do you come from where you can drive more than 10MPH over the speed limit and not be risking a ticket? Doesn't the fact that you're blowing by 90% of the other cars on road give you any indication that you might be doing something wrong? Small mistake my foot. Those of us who drive at reasonable speeds are have to deal with scofflaw speeders don't have much sympathy for you.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:01 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,353,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Such hypocrisy! That the only difference between the gal with all the tickets and you or the OP is that she went longer before she got caught! What planet do you come from where you can drive more than 10MPH over the speed limit and not be risking a ticket? Doesn't the fact that you're blowing by 90% of the other cars on road give you any indication that you might be doing something wrong? Small mistake my foot. Those of us who drive at reasonable speeds are have to deal with scofflaw speeders don't have much sympathy for you.
Where is this country does going 10 mph over the limit make you blow by 90% of the other cars on the road? Anywhere I've lived 10 mph over is sometimes keeping up with the flow of traffic, never passing anyone. What planet are you living on?

Old 06-26-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
K dog, there is a huge difference between say 1 or 2 unknown tickets vs. 30, 50, 70 tickets...where im from is this great planet called planet earth! you know they have cars there and stuff....where you from?

I'll keep doing my 10mph over and you can continue to enjoy smelling my exhaust fumes!

Old 06-26-2008, 12:11 PM

399 posts, read 554,244 times
Jealousy? Don't hate them cause they're rich.

Quote:

Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldirrty View Post
Jealousy? Don't hate them cause they're rich.
No not at all....I've "insert my screen name here"ed and nailed plenty of hot rich broads! I am mad that they won't help me

dirtball, don't you have to go get a fake id or aren't you late for the 99.9% off clearance sale at Wetseal something? ;-)

Old 06-26-2008, 04:17 PM

399 posts, read 554,244 times
Please don't be mad, because you're old and bitter at us young people, who are in their prime.

you've nailed broads, I believe that.
Hot and rich? -- most likely probably, Not.

Quote:
No not at all....I've "insert my screen name here"ed and nailed plenty of hot rich broads! I am mad that they won't help me

dirtball, don't you have to go get a fake id or aren't you late for the 99.9% off clearance sale at Wetseal something? ;-)

Last edited by stilldirrty; 06-26-2008 at 04:31 PM..

Old 06-26-2008, 05:46 PM

8 posts, read 23,626 times
Of all the post, someone forgot to mention Redflex Traffic Systems, the other partner who makes money from this. For the morons who think this is actually for your safety, you probably never worked in a corporate environment involved with government enterprises. Repeated profit is the ONLY priority.
I haven't found one study from the Arizona DOT that states cameras and speed sensors are needed at these intersections or spots along the 101, especially the pair that are a half mile apart.
I was upset, and regret moving out here finding out that the government and city of scottsdale harrass its citizens in such a way that you're actually scared to drive! To combat the situation while driving on the 101, I get in the far left "fast" lane and slow down to 20 MPH when nearing these cameras, after I pass through them I gun it up to 90 or so until the next one. This pisses off everyone on the road and I think it's great!
I want to stop at one of these cameras and throw some old tshirts over them, but I guess they would take them off, run my DNA, and come to my house and arrest me for tampering with government speed control devices.
These devices have been outlawed in Texas and soon Louisiana because they cause accidents from people slamming on their brakes, which is what I try to do to prove a point. Speed, or lack there of can work in both directions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area