Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:15 PM

161 posts, read 693,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup. South side of I-10, 4 minutes from the J-6 Ranch/Mescal exit. We LOVE that area - GREAT climate, convenient location, and terrific scenary. We can hardly wait to move down there.

Glad to hear your folks are happy there. We'll be neighbors with them in a few more years.

Ken
Yep, that's where they are. You'll have to look them up when you move, they've very friendly people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 12:32 AM

219 posts, read 779,196 times
The key is not to look at the temperature, that will almost subconsciously make you feel hotter. Once you keep looking at the weather, and read excessive heat warnings and see it is 112, its going to make you feel even hotter. Coming from New York, and dealing with humidity back east, it easily could have said 98 degrees, and I would have believed it. It really does feel a lot cooler than the number on the thermometer.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:27 AM

161 posts, read 693,196 times
Yup. You look at the number and you freak out. Just go outside, grin and bear it, and drink a lot of water.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:00 AM

10 posts, read 39,186 times
LOL - I leave Monday for a job interview in Seattle - after 12 years in AZ. This year seems hotter to me than ever before and I long for Seattle high's that are Phx night-time temps, if we're lucky

Old 06-26-2008, 06:05 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxnomore View Post
LOL - I leave Monday for a job interview in Seattle - after 12 years in AZ. This year seems hotter to me than ever before and I long for Seattle high's that are Phx night-time temps, if we're lucky

Well, you are arriving just in time. Seattle's weather seems to have FINALLY turned the corner. The forecast for this weekend is terrific and (so far) the extended forecast is looking good too. Sounds like you are going to see Seattle at her very best (which admittedly is pretty terrific).

Good luck on your interview.
Which company are you interviewing with?

Ken

Old 06-26-2008, 06:27 AM

27,344 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassayampa Slim View Post
Yes the temps at 9:00PM have been lingering around 100 for the last week. The daytime highs have been:
JUNE 14: 110
JUNE 15: 112
JUNE 16: 112
JUNE 17: 113
JUNE 18: 112
JUNE 19: 112
JUNE 20: 115
JUNE 21: 114 (1st day of summer !)
SUNDAY: 110 (that I've seen so far)
I agree that it hasn't felt any hotter than last summer (I mean how hot can you feel), but something seems to be different as my plants are getting scorched. There getting the same amount of water and attention, but this year they are not doing well at all.

I watch the weather channel every day you are right, its been freakin' HOT, just exactly like you posted here, every day now for well over a month. Whether your indoors all day or outdoors, its still brutal. For animals, for your car if you dont have a garage, for any chance of growing plants (besides cactus)...
Doesnt matter whether a person works indoors or not, kids cant play outside in it and get some fresh air, they have to stay cooped up in a house, but it sure is a great way to dry your laundry, heck who needs a dryer in the summertime?! Of course, look at Nevada, too, the extreme conditions up there, and out here near Death Valley, yikes!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:20 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I watch the weather channel every day you are right, its been freakin' HOT, just exactly like you posted here, every day now for well over a month. Whether your indoors all day or outdoors, its still brutal. For animals, for your car if you dont have a garage, for any chance of growing plants (besides cactus)...
Doesnt matter whether a person works indoors or not, kids cant play outside in it and get some fresh air, they have to stay cooped up in a house, but it sure is a great way to dry your laundry, heck who needs a dryer in the summertime?! Of course, look at Nevada, too, the extreme conditions up there, and out here near Death Valley, yikes!
Sitting inside "cooped up in a house"? This is an exggaration Livewire, and you're making a big deal out of this. How is this any different from being "cooped up in a house" when you have below zero weather with all that snow? Do a comparison when it's 110 degrees here, vs. when you have severe winter weather, how many people and cars do you see outside when it's snowing, you have icy roads, and the temperature is below zero with the wind chill?

You know why you "feel" it's very hot here? You watch the weather channel way too much.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 06-26-2008 at 08:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: