U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-23-2008, 10:05 AM

1,170 posts, read 2,339,788 times
Default Child Daycare costs

Hello.

How much do you currently pay for daycare/month? How old is the child?Which one and what area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 05:17 PM

26 posts, read 57,330 times
My son is 6 years old.

During the school year he attends the after school program which is $54 per week (M-Th - afternoons only).

During the summer he attends a summer program through the public school system for $160 per week. This includes lunch and two field trips per week. Plus, swimming and other activities which keep is mind active.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:09 PM

676 posts, read 1,334,017 times
I pay $5.00 per hour for my 10 year old to go to her babysitter's house. I also pay her $10 per day to pick my daughter up from school.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:26 PM

23 posts, read 58,475 times
I pay around $800 a month. The center has nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and has an very low child-to-staff ratio.

Also, my daughter does have special needs and this center is designed for them but do have mainstreamed, "Normal" children attending. She is 4, turning 5. However, when she is too old for this center, I found another one that will take her but the charge will be $9.50 an hour after the 4 hours the DDD covers for Day Treatment and Training.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:45 AM

1,170 posts, read 2,339,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_2_specialneeds View Post
I pay around $800 a month. The center has nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and has an very low child-to-staff ratio.

Also, my daughter does have special needs and this center is designed for them but do have mainstreamed, "Normal" children attending. She is 4, turning 5. However, when she is too old for this center, I found another one that will take her but the charge will be $9.50 an hour after the 4 hours the DDD covers for Day Treatment and Training.
that sounds cheap for special needs childcare(when I say cheap, i mean compared to what i pay, etc...etc..i know in general childcare is not cheap!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area