Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:07 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
What a pack leader you are. ha ha ha You should watch the Dog Whisper. Take control of that chihuahua fcorrales.
Girl, let me tell you, he has an attitude. Very sweet and very un-Chihuahua like, as in he loves people, kids, and other dogs, doesn't shake in the presence of a crowd, and the like; but when he wants something, he tends to ignore me. It's hard being strict to a 5 pound apple head Chihuahua...and his ears never stood up straight, so they are floppy and he looks so cute, not like a rat at all, thank goodness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 10:00 PM

46 posts, read 139,605 times
Default hot hot hot, like me

sooooooooo freakin hot!!!!!!!!!! aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I swear I will move every year at this time. "God, if I have to spend one more insane summer here I will go crazy!!!!!" then the winter comes, and I don't know, I get sucked back in for at least one more year. I have a real love-hate with this place. My neighbor across the street just had an old impala towed into his driveway, wonder what he is gonna do with that?

Old 06-26-2008, 10:04 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
The humidity? All 12% of it, LOL!
Hey, it was a whole FIFTEEN PERCENT at my house today!

People who have never lived out east in the low country, are missing out on what it means to have high 90s and almost 100% humidity. You can't be outside for one minute without being drenched.

Phoenix is heaven, comparatively. There is no humidity, not even today, which was really "humid"... or so the locals told me.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:07 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,659 times
Quote:
Girl, let me tell you, he has an attitude. Very sweet and very un-Chihuahua like, as in he loves people, kids, and other dogs, doesn't shake in the presence of a crowd, and the like; but when he wants something, he tends to ignore me. It's hard being strict to a 5 pound apple head Chihuahua...and his ears never stood up straight, so they are floppy and he looks so cute, not like a rat at all, thank goodness.
AW, I know, I would just let that little thing do whatever he wanted. Nice to see your soft side fcorrales.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:25 AM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
What a pack leader you are. ha ha ha You should watch the Dog Whisper. Take control of that chihuahua fcorrales.
FYI, it was 108 in our area today in the NW part of the Valley. And years ago, before retiring, I worked outdoors all the time 10-12 hour days, even on those record120-121-122 days. The heat doesn't feel much different between 110 and 122.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:25 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
FYI, it was 108 in our area today in the NW part of the Valley. And years ago, before retiring, I worked outdoors all the time 10-12 hour days, even on those record120-121-122 days. The heat doesn't feel much different between 110 and 122.
OUCH! Yeah, thats what my husband says. He work out side for along time as a plumber digging trenches and laying pipe. Crazy work, he use to come home bright red. ha ha I could never do it, I'm a big heat baby! But I'm curious what this has to do with fcorrals puppy????

Old 06-27-2008, 08:22 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank c. View Post
sooooooooo freakin hot!!!!!!!!!! aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I swear I will move every year at this time. "God, if I have to spend one more insane summer here I will go crazy!!!!!" then the winter comes, and I don't know, I get sucked back in for at least one more year.
Sounds like me.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:35 AM

812 posts, read 2,307,098 times
Quote:

I have 2 long coats! Love them!!!!!!!!!!! My little boy is neurotic and does the shaky thing and HATES people though

Old 06-27-2008, 11:49 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times
OH! That makes me nervous too, when chihuahuas shake. Chompers was raised with bigger dogs and with roommates...we live alone now and he just cherishes the moments he is around people and other animals. I had a German Shepard, but she is very old and my mom is "semi-retired @ 50" so is home all the time and took her for me in order to give her attention and pay attention to her needs. Vet says she needs to be closely watched to ensure she never experiences pain.

But her and Chompers and best friends and he visits her every weekend...along with my mom's other bigger dogs. He's the leader of the pack over there! Its pretty cute.

Oh, about the topic, the heat here really isn't bad. Intense yes, but completely enjoyable no matter who you are. Just takes some adjustment.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:00 PM

641 posts, read 2,366,324 times
I have a long hair 4 pound chihuahua , and a chih/dachshund mix.

The small one does not like to go out in the heat. She starts panting right away. Even in the evening I try to walk her, but the heat is still too much on her. My other dog lays out in the sun.

My small one was nippy when I first got her, but with all the kids that come here daily playing with my daughter she is much morre socialized now and does not nip anymore.

Ama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area