Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:04 PM

108 posts, read 361,268 times

Advertisements

Things are seeming to come together for my move to Phoenix! I am getting very revved up! I have a good estimate on renting a truck to move and pull my car, my job transfer seems to be easy enough to do. I am coming to town Aug 7th to 11th to scout out potential apartments. I talked to one " Legacy Bungalows " I think was the name, on the phone already. At this point barring no financial or job setbacks I think I may have seen my last cold, snowy Ohio winter! Hope to be moved in by November!

Now, if I can just find a decent apartment not to far from Cotton Center
Blvd. I think I will be set for the Valley of the Sun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 09:49 PM

674 posts, read 2,546,095 times
Seriously, I think those are income restricted which may or may not attract a lot of crime and the area is not very good. If you can afford it, I recommend you look at Arcadia Cove Apartments in Phoenix. I've never lived in them but they are in a nice area and you're only about 15 minutes from Cotton Center Blvd. You'll be close to Tempe and Scottsdale which is a big plus. Target, Fry's (grocery), Sears, Costco, and other small restaurants and shops and within walking distance.

Last I checked they had a 24 hour phone number where you can speak with a live person and inquire about move-in fees and specials.

Arcadia Cove Apartments Phoenix, AZ - Apartments for Rent in Phoenix Arizona

Old 06-26-2008, 06:33 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,196,255 times
Thought you were coming in July? Did you change your trip? Bring your sunscreen. ;-) And remember its a dry heat....

Old 06-26-2008, 01:01 PM

108 posts, read 361,268 times
Default Thanks...

Thanks for the apartment advice. I will check it out!!!

And yeah, I did switch my trip from Late July to Early August!

It will be here soon!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:25 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,127,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
Bring your sunscreen. ;-) And remember its a dry heat....
haha, not in August!!

Did anyone notice the humidity outside?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:39 PM

3,995 posts, read 9,987,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
haha, not in August!!

Did anyone notice the humidity outside?
The humidity? All 12% of it, LOL!

Old 06-26-2008, 07:48 PM

44,560 posts, read 61,310,624 times
Well I worked out in the sun all day until 2 pm raking the yard, fertilizing the plants and getting everything tied down and ready for the monsoon storms. Loved every minute of it. Afterwards, took a shower, had a beer and laughed at all the comments about the heat.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:57 PM

3,995 posts, read 9,987,552 times
True, nitram! I worked from home today and spent a lot of time outside. Chompers (my chihuahua) is a wimp with the heat...he usually runs out, does his business and runs back in during the day...kind of reminds me of Steve-o! (Always complaining about the heat) LOL, just messing with you man!

Anyhow, I practically had to give him a whole bag of treats to get him inside today, LOL! He wanted to play with the neighbors dogs in the grass and sprinklers when they came on.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:22 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,052,322 times
Today wasn't hot big boys. Now 2 days ago it was hot but today is like those heat waves back east. We had 35% humidity, 65 was the dew pt. and it was only like 104. Today was totally enjoyable. 20% more humidity and 15 degrees cooler would have been sublime!!!!!
I hope this means the monsoon is passing through and not just a boil waiting too pop that swells above the valley taunting me before it moves through just too bust all over another city. ^.^ In other words I hope we see rain by night fall and not just sit here eating dirt.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:25 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,052,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
True, nitram! I worked from home today and spent a lot of time outside. Chompers (my chihuahua) is a wimp with the heat...he usually runs out, does his business and runs back in during the day...kind of reminds me of Steve-o! (Always complaining about the heat) LOL, just messing with you man!

Anyhow, I practically had to give him a whole bag of treats to get him inside today, LOL! He wanted to play with the neighbors dogs in the grass and sprinklers when they came on.
What a pack leader you are. ha ha ha You should watch the Dog Whisper. Take control of that chihuahua fcorrales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area