U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 11:37 AM

3,499 posts, read 8,548,814 times

Advertisements

This is why I cannot support this man.

Quote:
It is the third time in six months that Arpaio's office has pursued investigations into public officials or agencies that have been at odds with him or his policies, but it appears to be the first in which his office has targeted an agency that is at odds with a key financial contributor.

Arpaio's probe of panel stirs questions
Sheriff targets agency at odds with his donor

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 12:14 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,001,138 times
Yep. Reminds me of Huey Long. Some good ideas for reforms, but taken too far when combined with a unquenchable thirst for power.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:02 PM

753 posts, read 2,221,348 times
Are you suggesting that it is only Arpaio that does things like this? Almost every politician/elected person is corrupt in some way.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:16 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,572,170 times
With the Mexican army now conducting home invasions and murdering people, I have to support Joe even more. If you do not see the outrage in this, God help us. These men may or may not have been active members of the army, but they had military training and were very well armed and ready to kill our police officers.
I say go Joe, do your job.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:21 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,095,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
go Joe, do your job.
I think that's what everyone wants.
I also read a story in The Rep. this mourning about the priest he fired. Kind of crappy thing to do.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:35 PM

3,499 posts, read 8,548,814 times
I agree. Do your job. Stop posing for cameras. Stop violating peoples rights. Stop abusing your power. Stop shaking down your rivals. Stop investigating everyone that speaks out about you. DO YOUR JOB....

Old 06-26-2008, 05:08 PM

1,170 posts, read 4,674,341 times
If the agency that Joe is looking into is clean they have nothing to worry about.

If they are dirty, then what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:38 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,095,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDreamer View Post
If the agency that Joe is looking into is clean they have nothing to worry about.

If they are dirty, then what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
They are supposedly clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by from op article
The state Auditor General's Office and the Department of Administration looked into the hiring process for the two investigators and approved it. Records show that each agency found no grounds for an investigation because the Racing Department had followed state procurement codes.
He's just trying to help his buddy out. It's looks like a redundant investigation to me. Not to say that it isn't warranted. It just looks a bit fishy.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:56 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,001,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I say go Joe, do your job.
That's fine, but since when is investigating state agencies part of a county sheriff's job? It seems highly inappropriate for a law enforcement official at a lower level of government (county) to investigate an official or agency at a higher level (state) as the sheriff is doing here and has done before with Attorney General Terry Goddard. Usually, it's the other way around: federal investigates state, state investigates county, etc. What's more, these political investigations do absolutely nothing to eliminate crimes like the home invasion / murder mentioned in MC's post and actually divert resources away from the high-priority law enforcement most citizens would expect from a sheriff.

Last edited by exit2lef; 06-26-2008 at 07:06 PM..

Old 06-26-2008, 10:35 PM

8 posts, read 21,580 times
What a piece of crap! funny nobody hasn't wacked this fool yet! He will get his day just like Ramingo in Scarface. I'm from Louisiana (yes, I'm moving back late 08') and we are corrupt as all hell, but we are proud of it and announce it for the world to see. Most of our schemes involve money laundering and prostitution. Nothing like the human rights violations like this joe prick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area