Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 6,738 times

Advertisements

We just bought a house a month ago in queen creek, we also get water from H2O and sewer from johnson. aprox same square footage as you. It is a rip off and about double what it should be but thats what their charging simply because they can. However i'd be very carefull i've heard awful things ie owner had mutliple lawsuites against him for factious bills. We got a letter on on door, not in the mail on the door to set up service so we called today and told us a "start up fee" of $102.00. 77 for a "refundable deposit" and 25 for and "establishment fee" i've never got a statement or anything, call ask for one cant provide me with an explantion for charges or statement or any kind (not to mention when i called i was told this story for the fees my husband on the other hand was told the 25 was going toward our next bill two different stories". The lady i spoke with sent me a doc she had done on word for these charges. If you go to their website under fees it will denote that 40 charge your getting and that setup should only be 25. I had my husband stop payment on the 77 dollar "deposit" I'm personally calling the Arizona Corporation Commisons office in the morning before paying another red cent to these people. Suggestions i've heard are write checks, keep copies of your checks and statements that they send you. I've yet to talk to someone who uses Johnson Utilities that hasn't had a billing issue. Oh also a women i work with had a lawyer call her from Johnson trying to tell her they placed a lien against her property for unpaid sewer bill for the last two year, convient they could not provide her with statments or doc proving that FYI her sewer was combined with her water bill and had been paid. All i've got to say is save everything from them and everything you send them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 02:26 PM

9 posts, read 33,578 times
we have johnson utilities and i pay 84.00 a month for water and sewer its a joke

Old 09-16-2008, 02:36 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,435,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4strawberry View Post
We just bought a house a month ago in queen creek, we also get water from H2O and sewer from johnson. aprox same square footage as you. It is a rip off and about double what it should be but thats what their charging simply because they can. However i'd be very carefull i've heard awful things ie owner had mutliple lawsuites against him for factious bills. We got a letter on on door, not in the mail on the door to set up service so we called today and told us a "start up fee" of $102.00. 77 for a "refundable deposit" and 25 for and "establishment fee" i've never got a statement or anything, call ask for one cant provide me with an explantion for charges or statement or any kind (not to mention when i called i was told this story for the fees my husband on the other hand was told the 25 was going toward our next bill two different stories". The lady i spoke with sent me a doc she had done on word for these charges. If you go to their website under fees it will denote that 40 charge your getting and that setup should only be 25. I had my husband stop payment on the 77 dollar "deposit" I'm personally calling the Arizona Corporation Commisons office in the morning before paying another red cent to these people. Suggestions i've heard are write checks, keep copies of your checks and statements that they send you. I've yet to talk to someone who uses Johnson Utilities that hasn't had a billing issue. Oh also a women i work with had a lawyer call her from Johnson trying to tell her they placed a lien against her property for unpaid sewer bill for the last two year, convient they could not provide her with statments or doc proving that FYI her sewer was combined with her water bill and had been paid. All i've got to say is save everything from them and everything you send them.
You guys need to contact/call/biach/moan/send letters, EVERYDAY to the QC alderman or politicians and state your case to bring this issue to forefront!

If I were you, I'd organize as a group and taking turns calling/mailing, etc..every day or other day until this issue is brought up!

you can also contact the local newspaper maybe they'll do a story on it. Case solved!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthfaucet View Post
Bottle Quality Water From Your Faucet, 24 hours a day.
Ask me how?

Water from your faucet can be better from water mart by installing a good filtration system. You have heard of reverse osmosis. But there are literally hundreds of products in the market.

Which one should you pick?

There are a few criteria you can look at:

1. Service
2. Installation Method
3. Performance
4. Ultraviolet Sterilizer
5. Capacity
6. Product Appearance
7. Cost

Read the guide in full with images and links at http://www.healthfaucet.com/guide.htm
dude, this thing is worthless...unless you can crap and pee on it and takes it down like a champ! LOL, they are bichin about water and sewage bill.

Just to annoy you right back though, I'll just say that I'd rather lug a case of water of Ice Mountain home from Wal-Mart for $3.99/case over your water any day!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthfaucet View Post
Bottle Quality Water From Your Faucet, 24 hours a day.
Ask me how?

Water from your faucet can be better from water mart by installing a good filtration system. You have heard of reverse osmosis. But there are literally hundreds of products in the market.

Which one should you pick?

There are a few criteria you can look at:

1. Service
2. Installation Method
3. Performance
4. Ultraviolet Sterilizer
5. Capacity
6. Product Appearance
7. Cost

Read the guide in full with images and links at http://www.healthfaucet.com/guide.htm
Hey, wheres your store located at? I wanted to stop by and check it out first hand but noticed that you don't have any stores. Mail order? like the brides?

Old 10-19-2018, 10:57 AM

3 posts, read 2,468 times
Default Me too!

[quote=mc66;4278422]I moved here a couple of months ago and I'm wondering if $42 a month for "sewer only" is the norm for the Phoenix area. I'm a little bothered that there is no itemization of charges - just a note that says "sewer" and the amount - no explanation of charges.

I'm only renting in Queen Creek and plan to buy in the very near future.

I am a lot bothered by both the Johnson Utilities bogey and high sewer charges but also the fact that they are facing multiple criminal charges and yet are able to continue to gouge people who live out here??

Is there a way to fight this corruption?

Old 10-19-2018, 11:03 AM

Default please send me link

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
There is a LOT going on with JU. Please PM me if you would like a link to another forum to read all about it.
Please send the link to me as well. Is there an organized effort to fight this corrupt profiteering company?

Old 10-20-2018, 09:35 AM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsenior View Post
I moved here a couple of months ago and I'm wondering if $42 a month for "sewer only" is the norm for the Phoenix area. I'm a little bothered that there is no itemization of charges - just a note that says "sewer" and the amount - no explanation of charges.

I'm only renting in Queen Creek and plan to buy in the very near future.

I am a lot bothered by both the Johnson Utilities bogey and high sewer charges but also the fact that they are facing multiple criminal charges and yet are able to continue to gouge people who live out here??

Is there a way to fight this corruption?
Not all of Queen Creek is served by Johnson Utilities. Most of the actual Town is served by the Town's own utility for sewer, however, some of the more recently annexed areas will have Johnson Utilities as its sewer provider.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:47 PM

In fact I do not know what areas of Queen Creek must endure Johnson rates; I am sure you are correct. Our residence is in San Tan Valley (Pinal County). Water in our area is provided by City of Queen Creek. I have never heard of a water provider who is not also the wastewater provider but that is just my prior experience. Generally means a higher overall amount because now there are two entities (in this case) one of which is profitable! That is wrong as well but now I am into the politics of utilities, not the reality of Johnson.

I spoke with the Arizona Industrial Commission and they assured me that although the rates for sewer only seem high to me, that they are within the approved (high) rate-range. What does one do at this point? Work towards buying a property that is not in a city, not in a neighborhood, has a well, a septic system, and wind/solar for electricity.

Otherwise, we pay up so that some guy who is charged with felonies over his criminal running of Johnson, can profit off all our shyster-lings.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:50 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsenior View Post
In fact I do not know what areas of Queen Creek must endure Johnson rates; I am sure you are correct. Our residence is in San Tan Valley (Pinal County). Water in our area is provided by City of Queen Creek. I have never heard of a water provider who is not also the wastewater provider but that is just my prior experience. Generally means a higher overall amount because now there are two entities (in this case) one of which is profitable! That is wrong as well but now I am into the politics of utilities, not the reality of Johnson.

I spoke with the Arizona Industrial Commission and they assured me that although the rates for sewer only seem high to me, that they are within the approved (high) rate-range. What does one do at this point? Work towards buying a property that is not in a city, not in a neighborhood, has a well, a septic system, and wind/solar for electricity.

Otherwise, we pay up so that some guy who is charged with felonies over his criminal running of Johnson, can profit off all our shyster-lings.
San Tan Valley is not actually part of the Town of Queen Creek, however, there are some parts of the actual town that are served by Johnson Utilities for sewer (Fulton Homes Ironwood Crossing is an example); these areas were annexed more recently by the town and Johnson Utilities already had infrastructure in place. As for water many of these areas were part of the former H2O Inc. water utility, which was acquired by the Town of Queen Creek a few years ago.

Most areas of Queen Creek within Maricopa County have the town providing both water and sewer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area