Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:11 PM

10 posts, read 58,475 times

Advertisements

I live in Anthem and love it even with my 37mile each way daily commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 02:10 PM

48 posts, read 179,770 times
Anthem is very pretty and I think there s some outlet shopping mall close by,

Old 07-08-2008, 07:00 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,353,604 times
Yes, there is an outlet mall in Anthem a Wal-Mart and just about every other chain store you've ever heard of - Blockbuster, Safeway, Fry's, CVS, Walgreen's, you name it. I live five miles south near the corner of Carefree Hwy. and I-17. If you need to get to a post office a lot (I do because I work from home and sell a lot on eBay), Anthem is the only one for quite a distance.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 AM

9 posts, read 34,443 times
sounds like Anthem is nice, want wait to see it. I'l be over first 2 weeks of Aug. hope my Wife like's it... I work from home so I hope there are somethings open there during the day for entertainment.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:02 PM

180 posts, read 655,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arias View Post
Hello,
Me and My wife are moving to AZ from Belgium and we were thinking of going to Queen Creek or Anthem. We work from home so comuting is no problem But I like being close to A big city and I like Phoenix! But we really like Nature... is there enough nice spots around anthem or Queen creek? and how long drive is it from Queen crekk to the chandler rashion mall, outside of trafic hours.... or are there any other good places to live inside and around phoenix?

I have no experiene with Queen Creek, but I have lived in Anthem for just about 4 years now. I have a 2 year little girl and find the area to be very nice.

Anthem is just far enough and isolated enough from Phoenix to not feel like part of the city. It still is a suburban landscape, but most other places you just flow from subdivision to subdivision and never really know when you are in one area or another. It all blends together.

Anthem is different because to get there you need to "leave Phoenix" and then "Arrive" in Anthem. Strange as it sounds this seperation creates a different climate for the community. People in Anthem feel like they live in smallish town. Many can spend most of the time in Anthem and never "drive into town" for days at a time. Others commute into town for work. There are many many local pocket parks in Anthem for kids to play and I would guess 35%-40% of the homes have backyards that open to natural desert. Our back yard faces a wash (lush green dry river bed) and we often see wildlife there.

As such the pace if life is a bit slower in Anthem and it is more relaxed. It is a very nice place to work from home and many people do in the community.

Going shopping for be basics is never more than 5 mintue drive and if you want something more special you need allow 20-45 minute travel time depending how far into town you want to. On a good day the airport which is in the Geographic center of the Phoenix Metro area is 40-45 mintues form Anthem.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:19 PM

180 posts, read 655,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenLaRae View Post
I moved to Anthem Arizona with my sons and it was a big mistake. I'm an African American single female and I've never met so many racist and ignorant people in my life. There is no culture, no diversity and no night clubs to meet up with single mens. Unless your idea of fun is hanging out at a park and looking at 2 parent white families with kids on swings, I would stay elsewhere. Our neighbors do not let their kids play with mine and SAY its because they get in a little trouble sometimes. My sons hate it here and so do I. I'm moving as soon as my rent is up.
I am sorry if you recived that type of attention in Anthem.

I will say that Anthem is not idea for singles looking to meet someone. My sister in law is a single mom and she does not consider looking for single men in Anthem as their really are not any. There is just not enough nightlife to attract singles. It was designed to attract families with kids and that is why you see so many at the park. My sister in law stays in the area since she liked when she was married and has friend with similar aged kids.

As for them being mostly white.. Well that is true, but it is also consistant with much of Phoenix in that the African-American population is not that high in general. Not much to say about that really other than it is too bad you and your sons drew negative attention.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 AM

9 posts, read 34,443 times
Hey,
Thank you all for all the information, I have afcourse some more questions...
What is the cost of living somewere like Anthem? how much do you need to get by for A year? without car costs?

Old 07-15-2008, 09:07 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,716 times
Anthem is a really nice little town. I've gone there a few times. I'd move there. There's a huge park, hiking trail, lots of shopping department stores, and not far from Phoenix (about 20-30 minutes to it!!!).

I don't know much about Queen Creek, but I know they have the Country Thunder concert every year there, for 3 days, outdoors (if you are a big country music fan). But that's all I know about that place.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:11 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arias View Post
sounds like Anthem is nice, want wait to see it. I'l be over first 2 weeks of Aug. hope my Wife like's it... I work from home so I hope there are somethings open there during the day for entertainment.
I know there are a couple of bars down in New River (which only about 5-10 minutes from Anthem). I'm not sure if there is a bar or something like that in Anthem (I've been there but only to go shopping). Just check around and see.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:37 PM

4 posts, read 12,180 times
you may not find many churches but you'll find plenty of drugs especially if you have children
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area