Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:27 AM

338 posts, read 1,624,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
I happen to like the humidity. You sweat more and can feel the breeze. But I know it would suck for people down here to escape it. This really is not as humid as it normally will be when the monsoon storms pick up though. It's what I call a little bit humid right now. When the afternoon clouds come everyday, I believe they should start this week or next then it might get a bit sticky. Learn to love it, it's the only moisture you will get all year. lol
you like humidity? really? BLEH moisture smoisture.... I have lotion for that. This AZ girl likes it DRY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 10:52 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyz911 View Post
you like humidity? really? BLEH moisture smoisture.... I have lotion for that. This AZ girl likes it DRY!
Im with Twiggy... some humidity is excellent. Im not talking Florida-style humidity, but a nice 80 degree day with 30-40% humidity is perfect. Not only is it good for the skin, but the hair, sinuses, etc, as well. Too much humidity is nasty, but being too dry is nasty, too, but in a different way.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:30 AM

430 posts, read 1,409,688 times
Default well..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Why is your water warm from your faucet?
I suppose its because the water pipes get so heated up? like when you first turn on your garden hose and you have to let it run before you use it, because the water is so hot at first.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:35 AM

430 posts, read 1,409,688 times
Default right

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
I think we would like to have it, especially on a hot day, I don't think it's a need though. It depends on a lot of things. Location, type of plumbing. If you get cold water congrats! No one is lying about it though, after owning a plumbing company I know it's a number one complaint here in the summer. It's not a weird thing, it's very common. If you get ice cold water out of your tap, then you're in a good spot. Lucky you!
I have lived in two places here and both times same thing, no cold water in the summer.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:49 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
I do better w/ the humidity, too--strangely enough. When I lived in Florida, I felt the summers were easier to take than here. Maybe because it wasn't constant heat--it was hot, for sure, but rain came in alot and the nights cooled off okay. It's all individual. Most people like the dry heat better. I had few allergies in the humidity and skin/hair obviously weren't as dry. I never minded the humidity much in the northeast--summer time.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:26 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,014,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
I do better w/ the humidity, too--strangely enough. When I lived in Florida, I felt the summers were easier to take than here. Maybe because it wasn't constant heat--it was hot, for sure, but rain came in alot and the nights cooled off okay. It's all individual. Most people like the dry heat better. I had few allergies in the humidity and skin/hair obviously weren't as dry. I never minded the humidity much in the northeast--summer time.
So you and Steve-o should like it out there today. It currently 85-91 degrees throughout the valley with near 30% humidity at 9:30, if it starts to rain, then the temp will drop and humidity will rise, making all of us Phoenicians uncomfortable, but you at least will be fine. It is expected to rain the next few days, so no complaints from you. Me, I can't wait for the dry 105 temp to come back next week!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:49 AM

338 posts, read 1,624,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
So you and Steve-o should like it out there today. It currently 85-91 degrees throughout the valley with near 30% humidity at 9:30, if it starts to rain, then the temp will drop and humidity will rise, making all of us Phoenicians uncomfortable, but you at least will be fine. It is expected to rain the next few days, so no complaints from you. Me, I can't wait for the dry 105 temp to come back next week!
I'm with you. Bring back 105 plus temps and dry. On the news today they were like - oh boy 98-100 degree temps, how nice. No not really, 98 with high humidity is not nice. I don't tlike the rain either because it brings all the scorpions out too.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:52 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,014,196 times
Quote:
I'm with you. Bring back 105 plus temps and dry. On the news today they were like - oh boy 98-100 degree temps, how nice. No not really, 98 with high humidity is not nice. I don't tlike the rain either because it brings all the scorpions out too.
I want to see a scorpion, I have yet to see one outside of the zoo. But I know what you mean!!! Even though the humidity won't be too bad today, around 25-30%, when it rains the temp drops and the humidity rises, and that just sucks, LOL. Last August it was like 82 degrees one day and 60% humidity and I wasn't liking it at all.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:16 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,778,928 times
Quote:
"Rock you like a Hurricane" was a great song, the scorpions were an awesome band.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:31 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times
98% humidity, 79 dew pt. and 80 degrees with glorious rain! I can't say this is anything but really nice to me. I can't believe some people hate this? To each their own I guess, if we had it 5 days a week maybe I would too but since we never do, I'm lovin it guys!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area