Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:55 PM

81 posts, read 356,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by altus2006 View Post
Bidding wars in Vistancia I can understand. But bidding wars in Maricopa is almost Saturday Night Live material.

altus2006
It is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 07:47 AM

609 posts, read 2,117,487 times
Probably the right question would be, not if prices have hit botoom or not, but whenever that happens, "How long will prices stay near the bottom, and How long will it take for a Real Estate recovery? Some say the end of 2009, some say 2011, some say ten years.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:15 PM

2 posts, read 6,891 times
Walmart has broke ground along with Home Depot and Walgreens. I know it will be there my husband works for the company. Will be opening in spring of 2009.I think it is great . Maricopa is projected to be a city of it's own by 2014 the projected # of people living there by then is over 200,000!! Wow, that's all I can say. I believe it as I lived in Yuma,Az for 14 years and watched a one horse town turn into hoppin place with malls and movie theatres, bars, nightclubs and all kinds of stuff for everyone. Let's see what happens.Very similar scenario.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:22 PM

2 posts, read 6,891 times
Sure is true we have been a day late on every property we've liked. Sounds to crazy but so many homes were thrashed by foreclosed people that it is hard to find a really nice one now for the low price. (under 120,000)New homes are still high. you can get a serios fixer upper for 85,000 but turn around and have to put 30,000 into it. And most of these homes are only 1-2 yrs.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:26 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Momma*Dawn* View Post
Walmart has broke ground along with Home Depot and Walgreens. I know it will be there my husband works for the company. Will be opening in spring of 2009.I think it is great . Maricopa is projected to be a city of it's own by 2014 the projected # of people living there by then is over 200,000!! Wow, that's all I can say. I believe it as I lived in Yuma,Az for 14 years and watched a one horse town turn into hoppin place with malls and movie theatres, bars, nightclubs and all kinds of stuff for everyone. Let's see what happens.Very similar scenario.
I get a laugh out of all these population projections. 200K in Maricopa, another 200K in Goodyear, Surprise. A million in Buckeye. If you added them all up there would be millions more people here in less than 10 years. They can't all grow that large that fast unless in-migration goes up a lot. I have no doubt that Maricopa will someday be a crowded, congested place and considered "close-in"; after all Gilbert was once considered way out in the toolies. But I wonder just how soon that day will actually come.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:02 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I get a laugh out of all these population projections. 200K in Maricopa, another 200K in Goodyear, Surprise. A million in Buckeye. If you added them all up there would be millions more people here in less than 10 years. They can't all grow that large that fast unless in-migration goes up a lot. I have no doubt that Maricopa will someday be a crowded, congested place and considered "close-in"; after all Gilbert was once considered way out in the toolies. But I wonder just how soon that day will actually come.
Well..Surprise already has over 100K. But yeah, growth has to slow down (which is a good thing).
Quote:
ESRI estimates that the city's current population is about 104,344, slightly lower that city's estimate of 108,863.

The company's projections predict Surprise will have 134,991 residents by 2013.

Though population growth is down, ESRI also reported that Surprise's median household income is $63,247, a figure that city officials feel is healthy enough to attract future retailers.

Report projects Surprise's growth will slow

Old 09-10-2008, 02:23 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,623,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Momma*Dawn* View Post

Indeed what Momma Dawn posted is correct about the walmart, they are working feverishly to get that thing done. The improvements to Porter Road and Stonegate road are complete, but they won't be open until the power center opens. Ground is also broken on our new state of the art library and attached plaza. Future phases of the walmart lot include a storage facility and apartment complex.

There is another shopping center (maricopa station) on 347 and smith enke behind the CVS that should be starting this winter, according to the developer. LA fitness was out in front of basha's this weekend selling memberships for the 2 story mega gym they say will be built instead of the Mountainside fitness that backed out 2 years ago. I believe the third circle K is underway south of the tracks. Fresh and easy has a store in the works. There is an area designated as a "hospital site" with UTAZ signs on it, but last i heard they are still looking for a tenant. Ultrastar was working on opening a theater, I haven't heard the latest on that. The change in zoning has been approved for the "stonegate" shopping center just west of the walmart. A few other parcels have recently been approved for commercial use.

Also, in the development I live in has 24 homes started, and 5 of them were spec models. 19 of them are customer sold. The sales rep says he has more sold, but they won't be started until they finish some of the ones under construction. Monthly sales figures for maricopa have been steady in the 150's for the last few months. Realtor.com is showing 759 single family residences for sale, which is only a 5.06 month supply. Many Realtors on this board consider under 6 month a huge plus.

Maricopa is growing again. I'm glad i bought here when i did. Although i think 200,000 people by 2014 is unobtainable.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:16 AM

150 posts, read 457,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyz911 View Post
REO stands for "real estate owned" - property that is owned by the lender as a result of a foreclosure.

As for the Maricopa Walmart, I read last week in the Maricopa Communicator- (I think that's the name of the paper) - they recently had the ground breaking ceremony and it is expected to be built by late Spring 2009. I think it said it was going to be a Super Center. I sure hope so then I won't have to go to Chandler to stock up on groceries.

Also it said there are rumors that a Home Depot is going up soon but nothing was confirmed yet.
Wouldn't they just label it "Foreclosure"?

Old 09-25-2008, 10:05 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times
I heard Maricopa had a lot of drug and gang activity. Does anyone know if that is true?

Old 09-25-2008, 05:24 PM

641 posts, read 2,365,820 times
There seems to always be something listed in the Maricopa Moniter. I have noticed though on the crime reports that out there it is a lot of copper that is getting taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area