Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 06:33 PM

3 posts, read 9,640 times

Advertisements

Hey folks...I'm a freelance photojournalist and I'm looking for info based on an article I read that says tent cities are springing up with homeless people in the Phoenix area. I'm not talking about Sheriff Joe's tent city but areas where homeless folks are pitching tents. Does anyone know of specific locations where I can get some photos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 11:10 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,696,204 times
The homeless in Phoenix are so poor, they can't afford tents. They sleep in bags near the canal and in wheelchairs at bus stops overnight. The hide in bushes, parks, and open spaces that are highly ignored. Due to the amount of abandoned buildings in Phoenix, it wouldn't surprise me if there was any in those houses.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:31 AM

8,302 posts, read 13,437,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
The homeless in Phoenix are so poor, they can't afford tents.
Wtf, homeless people are poor? Tell me it ain't so!

lol....dang Wingzer, sometimes you kill me!

Quote:
Due to the amount of abandoned buildings in Phoenix, it wouldn't surprise me if there was any in those houses.
If that was the case, we could no longer call them 'homeless', could we?

I know I am being a pain but it is Captain Morgan talking I swear!

Good news is, I will pass out soon....

Old 04-01-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Wtf, homeless people are poor? Tell me it ain't so!

lol....dang Wingzer, sometimes you kill me!

If that was the case, we could no longer call them 'homeless', could we?

I know I am being a pain but it is Captain Morgan talking I swear!

Good news is, I will pass out soon....
I knew someone had to catch my oxymoron. hehe.

On a serious note, i bet some of the true homeless are people that have given up. I was one of those people that seriously thought about that kind of life 5 years ago. I didn't care about the dangers, i wanted to be free of the restraints of everything in my life., but then i found a job and some fresh booteh fell into place.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,621,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blorf View Post
Hey folks...I'm a freelance photojournalist and I'm looking for info based on an article I read that says tent cities are springing up with homeless people in the Phoenix area. I'm not talking about Sheriff Joe's tent city but areas where homeless folks are pitching tents. Does anyone know of specific locations where I can get some photos?
A few years ago Phoenix did set up a tent city for the 'homeless' but just as quickly took it down because, you know, if something is free people will come, like from all over the United States.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:05 PM

122 posts, read 307,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
A few years ago Phoenix did set up a tent city for the 'homeless' but just as quickly took it down because, you know, if something is free people will come, like from all over the United States.
True, plus these "homeless" are most likely being sent here during our warm weather by every other state via bus in order to rid their states of their homeless problems!

Old 04-03-2009, 04:07 PM

8,302 posts, read 13,437,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
On a serious note, i bet some of the true homeless are people that have given up. I was one of those people that seriously thought about that kind of life 5 years ago. I didn't care about the dangers, i wanted to be free of the restraints of everything in my life., but then i found a job and some fresh booteh fell into place.
Believe me, I think most people dream about being in a place where none of the everyday issues are an issue or a concern, no taxes, no rent, no utilities, no credit cards, no income either. You hunt/find your own food, make your own place/shelter. You see a female you like, you don't bother asking to see if you she available or over 18, etc., you simply hit her in the head with a log (caveman style) enough to make her unconscious.
Then drag her by the hair (unless she got the Pat Benatar or Sinead O'Connor hair style going) to your crib and live a happy life.
A torpical island with various fruits/veggies and shallow water for fish hunting would be ideal. Of course it has to have an adequate amount of bushes and trees and some caves by the ocean. Even a hill/hilltop for some romantic evenings with your new woman who seemed to have a partial memory loss for some odd reason. Since there wouldn't be any electricity, that means no electronics or even electrical appliances, no TV to watch no music to listen to which would naturally yield to bunch of kids running around, naturally keeping you too busy to conceive any more.
Good news is when they turn 18, you start putting them in canoos and send them away to find their own island...
Ok, i don't want to get carried away and further than I already have but you catch my dirft, don't you?

I think this is how the legend of BigFoot was born....he is just some hairy, homeless dude running around butt-naked in the forest.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:13 PM

hahahaha, that's great! You're 18, good luck and by the way there is a tsunami coming in.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blorf View Post
I work at 19th ave and Northern you will see them all over the place down there trying to get change and sleeping at bus stops. Go towards the mall metro center mall they are up their too lots of them own bikes and ride the buses all day but that will change when the bus fairs go up also our bus system sucks it stops at 10pm!!!! They stop at 10 b/c of a useless light rail system that is rigged with problems at the cities cost. I guess they want us to own cars in the tough economy here in phx. Late buses cause problems too homeless ride them all night, the drunk in bars will have a ride home, club and bar hoppers will have rides too. That would destroy the car dealer ships and taxi around here.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:58 AM

4 posts, read 9,911 times
need help with phoenixx traffic laws for accedent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area