Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2010, 10:54 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIG877 View Post
what would happen if you bought a house and the owner is doing a carry back and filed bankruptcy, what would happen to my house
This "chat room" forum is not the best place to get answers to a question like this. Start a new thread with a title that gives an idea of the question you are asking. You will get more information that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 07:18 PM

10 posts, read 32,302 times
Really good Idea, but your math is of. $.02 = 2 cents. .02 cents is less than the cost of the ink this comment is using up.

Yea, ink. As in my electric bill.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:44 PM

Quick question, does anybody know the difference between Lincoln Drive and Lincoln Street? I know that one is just south of the railroad tracks and the other is between Glendale Avenue and Bethany Home Road. That raises another question, Why is it Glendale AVENUE and Bethany Home ROAD? Then we get Peoria Avenue, and McDowell Road. Or if you drive on McDonald Drive, what do you do on Bethany Home Road? Do you Road?

I think Lincoln Drive is named for John C. Lincoln, and Lincoln Street is named for President Abraham Lincoln. And I have seen a Picture of Noah Broadway, He was a Maricopa County Sheriff, And good old Broadway Road is named for him, except it is Broadway Avenue in Tempe. It turns into Yuma Road in Avondale, and then back to Broadway Road west of Goodyear. It makes me glad that I don't work for the US Postal Service. It might explain why people sometimes go postal.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:55 PM

175 posts, read 464,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend of Sonic View Post
I didn't figure it was prudent to make another topic that discusses the housing market, so I thought I'd ask her. I purchased a 1600 square foot home on Hawes and Guadalupe in Mesa, AZ. I paid 183k for it-- wasn't a foreclosure so everything is getting fixed up and the appraiser says that he expects the home to be valued a little more than 183k.
Does anyone think I made a mistake by not waiting on the market? I keep reading conflicting articles-- some say the market will start to turn a corner in a few months and others claim the market will drop another 20-30%.
I'm hoping I didn't ruin my life or anything.
Did you buy it as an investment or for you primary residence? Investment: probably not a wise choice right now at the price you paid. Primary residence: enjoy your new home and forget about what its worth. I am sure you don't need to worry about what it's value is every day for the rest of your life.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdEKit View Post
Quick question, does anybody know the difference between Lincoln Drive and Lincoln Street? I know that one is just south of the railroad tracks and the other is between Glendale Avenue and Bethany Home Road. That raises another question, Why is it Glendale AVENUE and Bethany Home ROAD? Then we get Peoria Avenue, and McDowell Road. Or if you drive on McDonald Drive, what do you do on Bethany Home Road? Do you Road?

I think Lincoln Drive is named for John C. Lincoln, and Lincoln Street is named for President Abraham Lincoln. And I have seen a Picture of Noah Broadway, He was a Maricopa County Sheriff, And good old Broadway Road is named for him, except it is Broadway Avenue in Tempe. It turns into Yuma Road in Avondale, and then back to Broadway Road west of Goodyear. It makes me glad that I don't work for the US Postal Service. It might explain why people sometimes go postal.
It's not Broadway Ave in Tempe, it's Broadway Rd. Broadway Ave, I believe, is the name for a separate short little street in Tempe, right next to Broadway Rd, where there are a few houses.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
It's not Broadway Ave in Tempe, it's Broadway Rd. Broadway Ave, I believe, is the name for a separate short little street in Tempe, right next to Broadway Rd, where there are a few houses.
You're almost right, It is Broadway Drive, and a block or two south of Broadway Road. I made a mistake too, Broadway Ave is in Apache Junction, and the same alignment as Broadway Road. I missed Broadway Drive on my map, I was not actually looking for a third one.

Here's the thing, Glendale Avenue goes from Phoenix to Glendale. Bethany Home Road went to Bethany Home, when there was a sanatorium by that name on it. Lincoln Drive is named for John C Lincoln, the inventor of the Lincoln Arc Welder, and Lincoln Street is named for President Lincoln. All the streets named for Presidents are named Street, and most of the streets that pass or arrive at a place are named Road. Like McDowell Road goes to Fort McDowell. Thunderbird Road goes to Thunderbird Field, now the Thunderbird Graduate School of International Management.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdEKit View Post
You're almost right, It is Broadway Drive, and a block or two south of Broadway Road. I made a mistake too, Broadway Ave is in Apache Junction, and the same alignment as Broadway Road. I missed Broadway Drive on my map, I was not actually looking for a third one.

Here's the thing, Glendale Avenue goes from Phoenix to Glendale. Bethany Home Road went to Bethany Home, when there was a sanatorium by that name on it. Lincoln Drive is named for John C Lincoln, the inventor of the Lincoln Arc Welder, and Lincoln Street is named for President Lincoln. All the streets named for Presidents are named Street, and most of the streets that pass or arrive at a place are named Road. Like McDowell Road goes to Fort McDowell. Thunderbird Road goes to Thunderbird Field, now the Thunderbird Graduate School of International Management.
You are right about Broadway Dr, I thought of that later. Your theory about Road vs Street, though, doesn't work. McDowell Rd to Ft Mc Dowell -- no. http://jeff.scott.tripod.com/ftmcdowell.html

What about Thomas Rd, Osborn Rd?

Old 10-12-2010, 07:24 AM

83 posts, read 185,644 times
What's the weather out there like today?

Old 10-12-2010, 08:08 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,155,635 times
Chilie today....Hot tomale

Old 10-14-2010, 10:26 AM

932 posts, read 1,963,656 times
Looks like after this heat wave passes through, we might get more rain again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area