U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-12-2010, 08:54 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,204,818 times

Advertisements

10-14 days late is a bit much, admittedly. It sounds like you need to get better at timing and spacing your payments. I could see if it were like $150-$200, maybe...but even then, 10-14 is a bit much.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 05:34 PM

3,995 posts, read 6,290,320 times
Wow!

Many of you seem to have very lax uses of your gas supply or leaks! $200, 300, 400, and even $500+ a month...

What ya'll doing!

Old 01-14-2010, 09:19 AM

98 posts, read 159,650 times
Way to revive an old thread.. but anyhow, my SWGas Dec bill was around $150. Home is 3200 sq ft (2 story) -- 6 occupants. But the SWGas bill isn't the one that bothers me as much. It's the SRP bill in both winter and summer, well, year round. My SRP bill I just received was $106, and this is winter! Each year, living costs just keep going up but incomes have become stagnant for years now. On top of that, the economy is still barely holding on.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:53 AM

14,198 posts, read 17,750,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeu00 View Post
Way to revive an old thread.. but anyhow, my SWGas Dec bill was around $150. Home is 3200 sq ft (2 story) -- 6 occupants. But the SWGas bill isn't the one that bothers me as much. It's the SRP bill in both winter and summer, well, year round. My SRP bill I just received was $106, and this is winter! Each year, living costs just keep going up but incomes have become stagnant for years now. On top of that, the economy is still barely holding on.
Well, since the old thread is revived anyway..... I use the managed payment plan from SRP, have for years. Much easier to budget. As far as SW Gas, which I don't have to deal with, but a friend does, a really high bill means you should be checking to be sure your windows and doors are airtight... that can run things up fast, it did in the rental home he was living in. If SW has a managed payment, I'd be looking at that as well if I were a customer, just for budgeting reasons.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:29 PM

816 posts, read 1,602,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Ronin View Post
My normal winter bill is $75-90. So you can imagine my surprise when I got my most recent bill - $170.69! In the same mail post (different envelope) they said:

"As a result of continued delinquent payments, it is necessary to secure your account with a deposit/additional deposit. The security deposit amount of $255.00 will appear on your next full cycle."

I'll be the first to admit I am frequently 10-14 days late on payment. That is why they required a $300 deposit (which they still have) to turn on service. If you call for clarification, you have to navigate their automated attendant to speak to an agent. The typical response? "All agents are busy. Please try your call later." Later the auto attendant says "you've called after business hours. Try again later."

They can't/won't take payments on-line. You have to use western Union at a fee of $3.75

My take on SW Gas? I'd like to see them horse whipped.
They actually do take payments online, it's called "E-bill". It is paid through a service called "CheckFree" and as far as I know, when I have used it, there was no charge. But I would guess that they won't accept your payment that way because you admittedly have been delinquent frequently so you must use their other payment option called "Speedpay" which involves Western Union.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalys View Post
They actually do take payments online, it's called "E-bill". It is paid through a service called "CheckFree" and as far as I know, when I have used it, there was no charge. But I would guess that they won't accept your payment that way because you admittedly have been delinquent frequently so you must use their other payment option called "Speedpay" which involves Western Union.
CheckFree is a great service. I've used it to schedule payments for several different bills over the years. VERY user friendly.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:24 AM

98 posts, read 159,650 times
What I hate with some of the online payment services is that if you do a direct payment from your checking account (ACH transaction I think), it's free. However, they get around the credit card system by charging you a "Service Charge" or "Convenience Fee" or whatever they want to call it, to use a credit card. It's usually about $10. It's actually a loophole to get around the credit card's usual 2% or 3% surcharge to use VISA/MC/etc. I think it's supposed to be illegal, but like I said, they try to call it something different without saying directly they are charging you for using your credit card to pay.. I know this was slightly off topic, but it's the first thing that came to mind when reading about paying utilities online.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeu00 View Post
What I hate with some of the online payment services is that if you do a direct payment from your checking account (ACH transaction I think), it's free. However, they get around the credit card system by charging you a "Service Charge" or "Convenience Fee" or whatever they want to call it, to use a credit card. It's usually about $10. It's actually a loophole to get around the credit card's usual 2% or 3% surcharge to use VISA/MC/etc. I think it's supposed to be illegal, but like I said, they try to call it something different without saying directly they are charging you for using your credit card to pay.. I know this was slightly off topic, but it's the first thing that came to mind when reading about paying utilities online.

Well, CheckFree IS free, you are using your bank account. I think having to use a credit card to pay for something basic like utilities is something to be avoided, anyway.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:23 PM

3,995 posts, read 6,290,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, CheckFree IS free, you are using your bank account. I think having to use a credit card to pay for something basic like utilities is something to be avoided, anyway.
I agree...except, I charge all my bills (nearly all of them) to my AMEX then at the end of the month write one check or online check to AMEX to cover all the charges so that I can rack up the points and rewards, LOL! I paid for my airline ticket to NYC before the holidays with some of these points.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 866 times
Default How much is gas here?

Hi Everyone,

My family just moved to the Mesa area after living overseas for the last few years. I was surprised to get my gas bill from SW Gas for almost $96 for just 2 weeks! (January 7 to January 22). That amount does include a connection fee, but only $38 worth, so there is still $58 that is the actual bill.

We have never had gas to heat our home before, but I had always thought gas was supposed to be cheap. Our home is about 1500 sq. ft. and there are 7 of us. Our thermostat is typically set at 70 - 75 at night, but only 65 or less in the day. The bill shows we used 36 therms in that time. Since I am new to the area, and new to using gas, I am curious if this is normal. Also, we currently have an electric oven and range, but we have the option of getting a gas one because there is already a gas line in the kitchen. Which would be cheaper, gas or electric? Any suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area