Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 09:48 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,436,403 times

Advertisements

Just makin an announcement since I was forced to retire due to some moderator's dbaggery(not the AZ mods!0 and I got tons and tons of PM asking what happened to me and if I was coming back so I came back!

If you smmeeeeeellllllllllllAAAAAA what da rock is cookin!

P.S. On a sidenote, How many sushi restaurants are there in Scottsdale? What are they and which is your favorite? In Scottsdale only please, """DOMO ARIGATOOOO GOZAIMA****AAAAA!"""(***with deep heavy Japanese accent***)

Last edited by dc1225; 07-27-2008 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: Scottsdale Sushi Restaurant question!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 05:37 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2M69 View Post
Just makin an announcement since I was forced to retire due to some moderator's dbaggery(not the AZ mods!0 and I got tons and tons of PM asking what happened to me and if I was coming back so I came back!

If you smmeeeeeellllllllllllAAAAAA what da rock is cookin!

P.S. On a sidenote, How many sushi restaurants are there in Scottsdale? What are they and which is your favorite? In Scottsdale only please, """DOMO ARIGATOOOO GOZAIMA****AAAAA!"""(***with deep heavy Japanese accent***)
Well, welcome back. I don't know you...but City Data is a fun board.

My fav sushi place in scottsdale is Sushi on Shea. I think it's a bit west of Scottsdale Road on Shea Blvd. (in the center with the Tuesday Morning Store). I've never been at night, but the daily special is very, very good. You can get 2 handrolls, crisp salad, miso soup for about $12 (something like that). They also have a personal fav of mine nato handrolls. They are a wierd treat but if you've ever been to Japan you know it's popular there. An acquired taste, but so good and good for you. Sushi on Shea also gets some very delicous blue fin (I think that's what it's called) tuna once in a while and it's outrageously expensive, but just perfection.

I'd like to know of some other good spots, I haven't really had a lot of luck with the ones that are popular. I ate at Sushi eye (I think that's the name) and thought it was mediocre at best...and that one is very popular. So, maybe it's just me. I don't care about the crowd, just the food.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:49 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,766 times
........:::::Bleccch:::::.........

Haven't ventured into any asian bistro, sushi bar, chinese restaurant, etc, since the '70's, when I ate at one, then got sicker than... a dawg...

I think it was the MSG... or, was it when I thought I heard one of the cooks taking an axe to a chicken in the kitchen... or was it a... dawg... (?) ...

I am quite frequently invited to these sushi places or other asian cuisine type places, but I continually have to pass... I mean, like, even the aroma wafting from these places sends my stomach into a knot...

So solly... .............::::::::::::blecchhh:::::::::........ ......

Old 07-27-2008, 06:43 PM

674 posts, read 2,553,064 times
I asked the mods to ban you. You keep getting on my nerves.

I kid.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
........:::::Bleccch:::::.........

Haven't ventured into any asian bistro, sushi bar, chinese restaurant, etc, since the '70's, when I ate at one, then got sicker than... a dawg...

I think it was the MSG... or, was it when I thought I heard one of the cooks taking an axe to a chicken in the kitchen... or was it a... dawg... (?) ...

I am quite frequently invited to these sushi places or other asian cuisine type places, but I continually have to pass... I mean, like, even the aroma wafting from these places sends my stomach into a knot...

So solly... .............::::::::::::blecchhh:::::::::........ ......
Zany, you should give it another try...its kinda like an*l..you don't always like it the first time but 2nd 3rd 4th times are heaven!(so that's what I hear anyways, wouldn't know personally) but you need to try it again. start out with cooked maki's(rolls) like shrimp tempura maki or california maki!

Old 07-27-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower123 View Post
I asked the mods to ban you. You keep getting on my nerves.

I kid.
Max, I kid part was not necessary but thanks....yeah good luck w/ that! you know im sleepin w/ one of the mods!

Has anyone heard of Roka Akor? it looks like my kinda place but never been there but can someone tell me about the place? how is the food? how is the ambience? the crowd? are they busy? are they going out of business? are there resident cougars?

Old 07-27-2008, 07:11 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2M69 View Post
Zany, you should give it another try...its kinda like an*l..you don't always like it the first time but 2nd 3rd 4th times are heaven!(so that's what I hear anyways, wouldn't know personally) but you need to try it again. start out with cooked maki's(rolls) like shrimp tempura maki or california maki!

Thanx. Wish I could...

but, I keep "hearing" that THUMP! coming from the kitchen!

Old 07-27-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Thanx. Wish I could...

but, I keep "hearing" that THUMP! coming from the kitchen!
that would be me... i know what you look like

Old 07-27-2008, 08:40 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,622 times
I like Sapporo's. I am going to Roka Akor tomorrow night for dinner so will let you know then how it was.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:25 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,447,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
I like Sapporo's.
Isn't Sapporo a beer brand? Or was it Sapparo?

Oh well, after couple of those, As can looks like Os!

PS. I don't even like cooked fish all that much so needless to say, I stay away from sushi...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area