Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,436,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Sounds like a commercial for Vida Blue, the toilet tank freshener.

Oh, wait... Vida Blue was a baseball player...

Hey I thought I was the resident ahole here but you're def. giving me run for the money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2M69 View Post
Hey I thought I was the resident ahole here but you're def. giving me run for the money!

So solly...

Old 07-31-2008, 11:39 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
I would have guessed any female ASU marketing major undergrad!
lmfao.... that's horrible

Old 07-31-2008, 01:01 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
Quote:

SMILE... when ya say that, pardner!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post

SMILE... when ya say that, pardner!
LOL...man i bet that too alot of work! love you boo!

Old 08-01-2008, 01:43 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Where does Fresh 'n' easy come from?
Quote:
I would have guessed any female ASU marketing major undergrad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
lmfao.... that's horrible
LOL.. yeah that is horrible, I would have guessed from some place on East Van Buren!

I'm not sure about their strategy of where to locate stores, I know there's one about 2 miles from where I live, and there's a Fry's Marketplace across the street from it. Everytime I drive by there, the parking lot at the Fresh & Easy is always almost empty. There's also a Sprout's and an Albertson's about a mile down the street.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:00 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,031 times
Default right

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryhussein View Post
Here in Thailand, Tesco pays its employees 80 cents per hour. They have also had several persons in the media arrested for speaking out about the downsides of Tesco. Same as in the US. They put smaller specialty stores out of business, and cause food to be unnecessarily transported thousands of miles. It's funny that they use a few familiar slaogans, even in a non-English speaking nation. "We sell for less" and "Roll Back!". I've also noticed most of their nametags have the words "Part time" on them. Sound familiar?
When I heard of this place I looked into the origin of it, so, I won't be shopping there, I am trying to support the US as much as I can, its tough hardly anything is made here at home, why buy something like orange juice with up to 3 consentrates from 3 differen't contries? good luck traceing the source of any tainted product with that. when you can buy Florida's natural from Florida, thats how I try and shop for all food products.Theres a reason the stuffs cheap, cheap labor and huge buying power from who knows where your food has traveled from.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:04 AM

Well guys, good luck if you're trying to stay away from buying stuff that is not grown and manufactured in US...not much does these days! You'll be sittin in a empty house not eating much.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:34 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,031 times
Default its do able

Quote:
Well guys, good luck if you're trying to stay away from buying stuff that is not grown and manufactured in US...not much does these days! You'll be sittin in a empty house not eating much.
you just have to really read labels, once you get through the initial work you know what to buy. Abd it probably won't be at fresh and easy

Old 08-04-2008, 01:44 AM

919 posts, read 3,395,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady2 View Post
When I heard of this place I looked into the origin of it, so, I won't be shopping there, I am trying to support the US as much as I can, its tough hardly anything is made here at home, why buy something like orange juice with up to 3 consentrates from 3 differen't contries? good luck traceing the source of any tainted product with that. when you can buy Florida's natural from Florida, thats how I try and shop for all food products.Theres a reason the stuffs cheap, cheap labor and huge buying power from who knows where your food has traveled from.
Are you kidding? If anything, F&E has been contrarian in the retail industry about their approach towards products. They seem intent on sourcing the best, regional suppliers. If you read the before-mentioned article on how they chose Phoenix-based Bertos to be their supplier of Gelato, it shows a grocer that is almost obsessed with quality and knowing every aspect of their supply chain. They require Bertos, for example, to continually test their products beyond industry norms and know exactly where every ingredient comes from. And the Berto folks readily admit that it's a much tougher standard that they've ever been held to, but they've since adopted the same practices across all of their product lines, no matter who is buying.

I'll happily support F&E because they support regional suppliers who strive to produce a better product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area