Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:11 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,436,619 times

Advertisements

what is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Im having blackened/pan fried tilapia with lemon/rice and Kimchee zigae!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 04:14 PM

21 posts, read 48,872 times
Probably grabing some Sweet and Sour Chicken (alternative is cooking mac and cheese in apt...I so need my wife out here)

Old 08-06-2008, 04:19 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1225 View Post

I LOVE kimchee...what is kimchee zigae? Is it a special type? I am forced to eat the Joe Kim Hawaiian style that I can (sometimes) get at Basha's. The natural kind at Whole Foods is bland. The randy stuff at the ranch market in the Chinese Cultural center about blew my head off!

Old 08-06-2008, 04:57 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,341 times
I usually start cooking at around 4:30-5. Right now its either going to be Mahi on the grill with a curry and some rice, burgers and/or hotdogs and corn on the grill, or macaroni and cheese (out of the box).

Old 08-06-2008, 05:00 PM

271 posts, read 839,349 times
I love kimchi jigae - it's a Korean stew made with kimchi, very satisfying. I like the packaged kimchi at Asiana Market, the Korean market in Glendale. They have it in the refrigerated banchan section.

I'm exploring Greek cuisine this month, so for tonight's dinner I'm making taramasalata and pita, and meatballs in a tomato bechamel sauce (keftedes stin armi).

Last edited by Rubee; 08-06-2008 at 05:08 PM..

Old 08-06-2008, 06:39 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,992 times
Not sure I caught the dog eating reference but...I am being lazy tonite. My son is out of town so it is just me. I stopped at Whole Foods and got some sweet potatoes, corn salad and smoked chicken. That's dinner for today lol! I couldnt make up my mind on desert so I got a cantaloupe, peach and some bananas. Or maybe I'll do a mocha smoothie-still undecided. Not exactly culinary excitement today.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
I LOVE kimchee...what is kimchee zigae? Is it a special type? I am forced to eat the Joe Kim Hawaiian style that I can (sometimes) get at Basha's. The natural kind at Whole Foods is bland. The randy stuff at the ranch market in the Chinese Cultural center about blew my head off!
LOL...its kimchee soup, minus that dog! yeah you gotta get it at a korean market with galbi! is there a korean supermarket in phx?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubee View Post
I love kimchi jigae - it's a Korean stew made with kimchi, very satisfying. I like the packaged kimchi at Asiana Market, the Korean market in Glendale. They have it in the refrigerated banchan section.

I'm exploring Greek cuisine this month, so for tonight's dinner I'm making taramasalata and pita, and meatballs in a tomato bechamel sauce (keftedes stin armi).
LOL...wow I am shocked anyone on this board knows what even kimchee zigae is! +1 for phx!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
Not sure I caught the dog eating reference but...I am being lazy tonite. My son is out of town so it is just me. I stopped at Whole Foods and got some sweet potatoes, corn salad and smoked chicken. That's dinner for today lol! I couldnt make up my mind on desert so I got a cantaloupe, peach and some bananas. Or maybe I'll do a mocha smoothie-still undecided. Not exactly culinary excitement today.
call me babe...i'll bring the wine....make sure to wear that tight crisp white button down dress shirt w/ the red skirt!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:41 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
All this talk about dog eating made me hungry..

ANYTHING but sushi or squid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area