Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2007, 11:20 AM

203 posts, read 810,252 times

Advertisements

joe is the future if we dont change things.
prisioners die all the time and no charges?? a cop kills his dog [by acident]all kinds of charges?? i havent been here long but that dont seem right.

he is strict on the law. thats a plus. but some of his tatctis seem over the top. and with the attutde of. to bad i`m the boss and if you dont like it to bad, there is nothing you can do.

thease people need to be reminded they are to be for the people buy the people.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:39 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
There was also a 41 yr.old person arrested yesterday, handcuffed and had his feet bound that didn't make it to the jail before he died. That is the 6th person this yr. in custody that has died.
Got a link to the story? I can't find one anywhere.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:37 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranman469 View Post
prisioners die all the time and no charges?? a cop kills his dog [by acident]all kinds of charges?? i havent been here long but that dont seem right.

he is strict on the law. thats a plus. but some of his tatctis seem over the top. and with the attutde of. to bad i`m the boss and if you dont like it to bad, there is nothing you can do.

Very valid point, Ranman

However, the thugs also need to realize The Slammer is NOT a Resort Hotel.

Sheriff Joe makes it loud and clear to eliminate as many "returns" as possible.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:12 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Very valid point, Ranman

However, the thugs also need to realize The Slammer is NOT a Resort Hotel.

Sheriff Joe makes it loud and clear to eliminate as many "returns" as possible.
Once again Bummer, you're right on the money with the "Slammer not a Resort Hotel" analogy.

We need more people in law enforcement like Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
[

Old 11-10-2007, 08:54 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Got a link to the story? I can't find one anywhere.
Sorry I don't. It was in the Arizona Republic today.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranman469 View Post

We agree on something here.
Joe is the future. In fact if things don't change with a quikness in this country,he will be the future all over.
yes, prisoners die all the time and no charges but, we do give millions of Arizona taxpayer money to the families .
There is nothing anyone can do about Joe because he and those like him keep getting voted in. You get what you vote for and when it happens to you or yours lets see what you say then.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Once again Bummer, you're right on the money with the "Slammer not a Resort Hotel" analogy.

We need more people in law enforcement like Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
[
Until it happens to you or yours.
You may feel differently then, or maybe not.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:03 PM

551 posts, read 1,589,917 times
I did two different searches using Joe's name and found nothing in the online newspaper. Hmmmmmmmmmm................

LF

Old 11-10-2007, 10:02 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Until it happens to you or yours.
You may feel differently then, or maybe not.
Don't worry, it won't happen to me or anyone I know.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:07 AM

2 posts, read 10,785 times
Default Sheriff Joe - the ONLY way to go!!!!

Every time I hear of someone 'crying' about the way Sheriff Joe runs his jail, I think 'what an idiot'!!!! What this state needs (and country for that matter) is a whole bunch of 'clones' of Sheriff Joe. I am so sick and tired of hearing about 'green bologna sandwiches' and 'pink boxer shorts' being degrading to inmates, well it just makes me sick. What do you think - you are in the Hilton? Heck no, you are in 'jail'. "JAIL", what a concept, you did something wrong?, something really wrong and now you are in Sheriff Joe's jail. No 'girly' magazines, no weight machines, no tobacco, and a whole bunch of other 'luxuries' found in other jails are not found in Seriff Joe's jail? Get a grip you dummy, this is a place you don't want to be. "Tent City", I love it. And the sign reads "VACANCY" all year long. If you want to rob, steal, car-jack, assault, beat your spouce, etc., then get ready to spend time at 'Joe's Hotel' once you are convicted. You will have plenty of time to shiver in the winter months at night and sweat like crazy in the summer months. You can eat crappy sandwiches and watch really lame TV. Hey, it's your choice, you decide.

Spread the word: "Sheriff Joe knows what he is doing!" It's obvious, he holds an elected position - and everyone keeps electing him, year after year.

The Sheriff's position on 'illegal criminals' is wonderful. You break the law, you go to jail. BRAVO Sheriff Joe. All of the local valley police departments are 'under reporting' the activities of 'illegal criminals'. Sheriff Joe knows this and I think that is why he has put one foot foward to smash the problem. I'm sick and tired of all of these 'illegals' protesting and waving foreign flags. They are criminals and need to be put away. Harsh - you ask - I think not. Oh come on - we all know the drain on society. If you don't then you should not be voting on anything.

Although I moved out of 'Maricopa' county several years back, I am confident Sheriff Joe will be reelected again and again. Again I wish we could 'clone' him and sprinkle him around the country.

If you agree with my view, then good, you know what's happening. If not then you probably have had the honor of eating one of Joes sandwiches...

Signed,
Maricopa Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area