U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-08-2007, 06:44 AM

1,932 posts, read 1,115,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinInLaveen View Post
Sheriff Joe is at least doing something to get tough. He isn’t willing to compromise. And all the “what about criminal’s rights” liberals are ready to give the criminals all that we law abiding citizens work so hard for….Freedom from crime. This is part the problem with society today, we think that we are forced sit back and accept what is going on around us and compromise our safety and peace of mind for a little piece of the American dream. The police departments
We all need to wake up, band together and do something to take our communities back from the criminal element that live among all of us. We, as a country need to stop tolerating this behavior and get tougher on criminals period. And Sheriff Joe is doing something to help. I don’t care where they came from legal or illegal

Why are our soldiers overseas supposedly protecting our freedom? I think our children should be free to go out and play, we should be free to walk our streets without fear from criminals. I believe that our troops should be here working to secure our country. The US military should be here protecting the US and the citizens here, rounding up illegal border crossers and sending them back. If they want to come to America then enter legally and through the proper channels.
Whether you like it or not we ALL have right including criminals.
Without laws this country would go to hell in a handbasket with a quickness.

You talk about getting tougher with criminals but, offer no solutions or ideas on how this should be done.
If you think the military should be brought to secure and protect our citizens you are then talking about marshall law. Do you really want that?
What is the difference between your perspective and a fascist one?

The sheriff has done nothing but cost this county money in lawsuits and show his face in the news over the immigration problems we have.

Even if I give you the benifit of the "tough love" stance you have, if you throw a kid out because he is going wrong, what happens?
Does he suddenly straighten his act up and get better? No

Offer ideas other than the military.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:16 PM

4,299 posts, read 10,094,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Whether you like it or not we ALL have right including criminals.
Without laws this country would go to hell in a handbasket with a quickness.

You talk about getting tougher with criminals but, offer no solutions or ideas on how this should be done.
If you think the military should be brought to secure and protect our citizens you are then talking about marshall law. Do you really want that?
What is the difference between your perspective and a fascist one?

The sheriff has done nothing but cost this county money in lawsuits and show his face in the news over the immigration problems we have.

Even if I give you the benifit of the "tough love" stance you have, if you throw a kid out because he is going wrong, what happens?
Does he suddenly straighten his act up and get better? No

Offer ideas other than the military.

Protect the border from people coming in not people going out.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
If the border is to be protected wouldn't that be a combined effort between the federal goverment and local state laws?
It isn't Sheriff Jokes job exclusively.

I understand some want to praise the sheriff for his efforts on the border but, that is not that the only problem some have with this sheriff.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:20 PM

25,100 posts, read 23,919,198 times
Quote:
If the border is to be protected wouldn't that be a combined effort between the federal goverment and local state laws?
It isn't Sheriff Jokes job exclusively.

I understand some want to praise the sheriff for his efforts on the border but, that is not that the only problem some have with this sheriff.
No one, repeat - NO ONE is praising the Sheriff for his efforts "ON THE BORDER" - why? Because, the MCSO is NOT ON THE BORDER!

What the Maricopa County Sheriff IS BEING PRAISED FOR is his proactive stance in dealing with human smugglers and the trafficing of humans. He is being praised for being proactive in trying to break up gangs, run by illegals, and stopping their wave of crimes - which have included the murder of 3 valley police officers in the last few months.

Sheriff Arpaio IS BEING PRAISED for being proactive in having his deputies becoming sworn federal officers and establishing a close working relationship with ICE - and when an illegal immigrant is found and detained, this relationship allows the Sheriff to IMMEDIATELY turn over the illegal for deportation.

Sheriff Arpaio, and his proactiveness has become a MODEL for other law enforcement agencies around the country. Sheriff Arpaio has taken the lead on this issue in MARICOPA COUNTY, Arizona.

Thought you would like the facts.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:26 PM

7,891 posts, read 15,660,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Makes sense to me, Sheena!

Any and all illegals desiring to leave . . . GOOD BYE!

Old 12-08-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
No one, repeat - NO ONE is praising the Sheriff for his efforts "ON THE BORDER" - why? Because, the MCSO is NOT ON THE BORDER!

What the Maricopa County Sheriff IS BEING PRAISED FOR is his proactive stance in dealing with human smugglers and the trafficing of humans. He is being praised for being proactive in trying to break up gangs, run by illegals, and stopping their wave of crimes - which have included the murder of 3 valley police officers in the last few months.

Sheriff Arpaio IS BEING PRAISED for being proactive in having his deputies becoming sworn federal officers and establishing a close working relationship with ICE - and when an illegal immigrant is found and detained, this relationship allows the Sheriff to IMMEDIATELY turn over the illegal for deportation.

Sheriff Arpaio, and his proactiveness has become a MODEL for other law enforcement agencies around the country. Sheriff Arpaio has taken the lead on this issue in MARICOPA COUNTY, Arizona.

Thought you would like the facts.
Have you been to the protests at the Pruitts store on Thomas Rd.?

I was there one day and heard the sheriff.
He was thanking people for coming to counter-protest.
That is NOT what I call good community relations.
He is not a smart person,especially for a county official.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 23,919,198 times
Quote:
Have you been to the protests at the Pruitts store on Thomas Rd.?
Yes, I have.

Quote:
I was there one day and heard the sheriff.
He was thanking people for coming to counter-protest. That is NOT what I call good community relations.He is not a smart person,especially for a county official.
I agree with the Sheriff - those who are trying to ruin Pruitts business are in the wrong - they are supporting lawlessness - they are supporting law breakers.

The Sheriff has no need to do good PR. The Sheriff has the obligation - and obligation that he was elected for - and that is to uphold the law.

I appreciate the Sheriff (and soon the City of Phoenix PD), arresting those illegal immigrants that were there and also for arresting those who were tresspassing on Pruitts property

Regardless, I hope you now realize that MCSO is not "on the border" as you first claimed

Old 12-08-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Makes sense to me, Sheena!

Any and all illegals desiring to leave . . . GOOD BYE!

And don't let the door hit them on the way out.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:16 AM

Greatday I know the MSCO is not on the border and I did not say that.
I said the sheriff gets praises for his efforts talking about controlling the border.
That's fine with me.

I just see him as a publicity hound and I was there across the street from Pruitts having lunch with my daughter-in-law and grandkids when I heard the sheriff.

He may not in your opinion have to do PR but, that was surely what he was doing!
That day he was not arresting anyone, nor was he even checking the status of the protestors. He was shaking hands and thanking the counter-protestors.

It seems to me that the louder someone is and if they tell the majority what they want to hear without being productive that some will buy it without looking at what the person has really accomplished.
What else do you appreciate the sheriff for?

Old 12-09-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Greatday I know the MSCO is not on the border and I did not say that.
I said the sheriff gets praises for his efforts talking about controlling the border.
That's fine with me.

I just see him as a publicity hound and I was there across the street from Pruitts having lunch with my daughter-in-law and grandkids when I heard the sheriff.

He may not in your opinion have to do PR but, that was surely what he was doing!
That day he was not arresting anyone, nor was he even checking the status of the protestors. He was shaking hands and thanking the counter-protestors.

It seems to me that the louder someone is and if they tell the majority what they want to hear without being productive that some will buy it without looking at what the person has really accomplished.
What else do you appreciate the sheriff for?

I appreciate the Sheriff because he's kind to animals. and not the animals that are criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area