U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-08-2008, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,552 times
Sheriff Joe sucks positively, and Tempe police harass the homeless and arrest them unnecessarily. The laws are misused towards the homeless to extreme points, no doubt. Nobody wants to be homeless, but the safest place for someone to have to be homeless is Tempe and this is because of the local authorities. A good, honest look at the homeless situation of Tempe can be seen at [url=http://www.documentary-film.net/search/watch-now.php?&ref=102]Documentary Film Video Street Life on Mill: Homeless youth on Tempe Arizo[/url]. It's worth looking at!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:04 PM

225 posts, read 659,812 times
I will say this. I'm scared to death to get a DUI here. Of course, I'm speaking facetiously and I would never drive druink but DUI in AZ is well publicized and they are doing an effective job of punished people for DUI. In other states, DUI is a joke and a lot of college kids and people get DUI's all the time for speeding or leaving a bar. They make a deal with the court for community service or probation and pay a hefty fine. I knew someone who spent a day in jail for DUI at tent city. He was an otherwise good kid who was being irresponsible. In another state, he would have gotten a tap on the wrist. In AZ, it was mandatory jail time. I think it was a good lesson for him and it changed his life for the better. So I'm not entirely opposed to Sherrif Joe's policies. I don't like him in general but I'm trying to look at this from a fair perspective. I do respect some of the things he has done.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:06 PM

559 posts, read 896,312 times
its not sheriff joe, its the dang immigration problem...

Old 02-08-2008, 06:14 PM

27,554 posts, read 19,895,883 times
Everybody but 3 or 4 people loves Sheriff Joe, that's why they keep electing him over and over. And he'll get elected again this next election...I guarantee it.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:24 PM

3,217 posts, read 5,705,195 times
Quote:
Everybody but 3 or 4 people loves Sheriff Joe, that's why they keep electing him over and over. And he'll get elected again this next election...I guarantee it.
Even if Shaq wins the Suns a ring and then retires and wants to be Sheriff?

Old 02-08-2008, 07:38 PM

27,554 posts, read 19,895,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Even if Shaq wins the Suns a ring and then retires and wants to be Sheriff?
LOL. Yes it's the Shaq attack, Joe's successor.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:58 PM

88 posts, read 191,504 times
Default Go Joe!

I spent 9 months of my mis-spent youth in Joes Motel, and It straighten me out good. thats a fact! Joe does what the phx police, and other agencies fail to do..his staff is underpaid, and over worked, and he cares about our borders, and is the only one who takes a stand against illeagal immigration. Id vote for Joe Arpaio for president any day before Id see a loser like John McAmnesty in there..I dont know about you folks but im tired of seeing all the jobs lost, and all the crime brought into this Valley by illegal immigration..Joe's the only top cop in Arizona worth a spit. At least he doesnt let big business, and farmers pull his strings like the poloticians do.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:04 AM

88 posts, read 191,504 times
are you talking about the out of control tweaker that fought the deputies and tehn had a heart attack, cause he was pumped up on meth?

Old 02-09-2008, 12:25 AM

225 posts, read 659,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Beasley View Post
I spent 9 months of my mis-spent youth in Joes Motel, and It straighten me out good. thats a fact! Joe does what the phx police, and other agencies fail to do..his staff is underpaid, and over worked, and he cares about our borders, and is the only one who takes a stand against illeagal immigration. Id vote for Joe Arpaio for president any day before Id see a loser like John McAmnesty in there..I dont know about you folks but im tired of seeing all the jobs lost, and all the crime brought into this Valley by illegal immigration..Joe's the only top cop in Arizona worth a spit. At least he doesnt let big business, and farmers pull his strings like the poloticians do.
Good, I hope that illegal immigration gets curtailed. It will be really amusing to watch all these businesses close because people were so dependent upon Hispanic labor. That will just lead to unemployment and cost increases which which will increase inflation which will then curtail spending which will then lead companies to limit supply which will lead to increased layoffs as companies reduce expenses. Arizona's leading industry is construction. And guess who the construction industry relies upon for labor? You really think our local economy won't be affected by the sudden and mass reduction of illegal immigrants? I guarantee congress will enact some measures to make exceptions are our economy will take a hit from such a measure.

McCain is thinking practically. It's going to be next to impossible to deport or retain illegals. Sherrif Joe's rhetoric and boastful interviews are not going to solve that problem. What McCain is trying to do is grant them amnesty so that they can become citizens and official taxpayers. That's a far more realistic solution but people are thinking with their hearts instead of their heads. They see this as forgiving criminals instead of seeing it as a realistic solution.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:10 AM

15,847 posts, read 15,257,281 times
Joe Arpaio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sheriff Joe Arpaio: Police State Poster Boy

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office (http://www.mcso.org/index.php?a=GetModule&mn=Sheriff_Bio - broken link)

Both bad and good stuff here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area