Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 08:56 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
I would of read your post Sheriff supporter if you would of used some spaces.
pretty much.

On Joe's efforts. He caught 14 illegals over the weekend while 100 more come into Arizona. Not sure how that's effective.

Funny thing is they were talking about the "evil" illegals 100 years ago. My co-worker was telling me about the stories his grandfather told him.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:04 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
What does concern me is the friction between the Mesa police chief and Sheriff Joe.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:36 PM

70 posts, read 244,581 times
Wow, this is the biggest thread I've seen. There is no way I'll be able to catch up on this one. I do like Joe though.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:22 AM

99 posts, read 386,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
pretty much.

On Joe's efforts. He caught 14 illegals over the weekend while 100 more come into Arizona. Not sure how that's effective.

Funny thing is they were talking about the "evil" illegals 100 years ago. My co-worker was telling me about the stories his grandfather told him.
The key word here people is "Illegal" it's illegal to commit crimes but how many crimes are committed every second?? Would you ask How effective is that if we bust criminals ? I think Not.

It's about time someone stands for what is right. It is harder to stand for what is right boy it sure is easier to look the other way throw your arms up & say oh well. We reap what we sow so if I don't see the effects in my life time on the work that one man has started I know that my future grand kids & great grandkids well I am ok with that

Old 06-29-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishin4sun View Post
The key word here people is "Illegal" it's illegal to commit crimes but how many crimes are committed every second?? Would you ask How effective is that if we bust criminals ? I think Not.

It's about time someone stands for what is right. It is harder to stand for what is right boy it sure is easier to look the other way throw your arms up & say oh well. We reap what we sow so if I don't see the effects in my life time on the work that one man has started I know that my future grand kids & great grandkids well I am ok with that
And too: the increasing possibility that an illegal will be caught/deported has to be spooking even the diehards.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:20 AM

148 posts, read 644,889 times
Default Sheriff Joe is laughing at his critics all the way to re-election!

I think for him to be as effective as he is, he needs to get many people angry at him and be a media hound. It is just part of our system. If he were low key and passive like many people want him to be, nothing would get done.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:17 PM

133 posts, read 376,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
Unless you do some illegal activity there is NO reason to worry. The ONLY time I think about Joe is when on this forum and occasionally on the news - that's all! People just like to talk a lot.
Unless you happen to have brown skin and his Barney Fife's want to pull you over for no reason whatsoever. And don't tell me that that doesn't happen because I KNOW that it does. I have a friend who's brown-skinned son has to drive back and forth between Phoenix and Tucson and he automatically gets pulled over EVERY TIME. He is just a 17-year-old kid going to visit his mother in Tucson. Tell me that that is law enforcement. B.S. It is harrassment.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:41 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,356,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertMom View Post
Unless you happen to have brown skin and his Barney Fife's want to pull you over for no reason whatsoever. And don't tell me that that doesn't happen because I KNOW that it does. I have a friend who's brown-skinned son has to drive back and forth between Phoenix and Tucson and he automatically gets pulled over EVERY TIME. He is just a 17-year-old kid going to visit his mother in Tucson. Tell me that that is law enforcement. B.S. It is harrassment.
Sounds like this kid needs to learn how to challenge an illegitimate police stop. They cannot legally stop you for no reason. And if they do and you get a ticket or get arrested, you can challenge their reason for stopping you and get everything that happened thereafter tossed. Sure, most folks do something when driving that could constitute a reason for getting pulled over - fail to signal, speed, cross the center line, whatever. That's all the more reason for folks to behave themselves and be sure to ask why you were pulled over. I wouldn't argue about it at the scene, but it can be a pretty easy court win if you keep your cool and disprove their reason for stopping you in front of a judge. BTW, you are under no obligation whatsoever to say anything to the cop. Hand your license, regist. and proof of insurance over and don't answer a single question. All police questions are designed to make you incriminate yourself. Take the speeding or whatever ticket and deal with it in court. Don't say a word and give a cop any reason to go any farther than what he already has on you.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertMom View Post
FYI: 30+ years ago I had a fair amount of 'contact' with LE due to my looking like a pot smokin' Hippie (longer hair, beard tiedyed shirts, etc)-----never mind I was clean.

Oh well.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:54 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
FYI: 30+ years ago I had a fair amount of 'contact' with LE due to my looking like a pot smokin' Hippie (longer hair, beard tiedyed shirts, etc)-----never mind I was clean.

Oh well.
I really can't stand it when people of color scream racism every time they get pulled over. I got pulled over recently in south Texas for doing 2 MPH over the speed limit. I'm white, clean cut, wife and kids in the car. Hey, it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area