Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 06:55 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,622 times

Advertisements

I want to go down to Ikea and Arizona Mills today. I am coming from Scottsdale & Mayo. The 101 is closed/detoured I think down by Chaparral, so I want to avoid that mess entirely. I hate the 101 on a good day much less when parts of it are closed and detoured onto surface streets. ;-)

I know I could take 101 (or cut down to Greenway which is ALSO under construction)->51->10. But here is my question: Where 10 splits off, would I want 10 that goes to Tucson east or Los Angeles west from there? I am suspecting Tucson but would rather be sure than end up halfway to LA before realizing I went the wrong direction. ;-) Or is there another way I could take?

There is construction everywhere. 101 has been torn up like since I moved here. Finally they un-tore up Scottsdale down by Thunderbird. Now FLW/Bell and Scottsdale are an absolute mess. Even parts of Greenway are torn up. My only safe route is the back door down Mayo to 56th or Tatum. Which on a PS, does anyone know why recently they just finished moving Mayo about 20 feet north and ramped it? And what is the mess on FLW/Bell and Scottsdale about? Are they working on the bridge or canal or perhaps widening Scottsdale? I know that they recently finished burying all the overhead lines on Scottsdale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 09:14 AM

410 posts, read 1,293,305 times
If it were me, I would take the 51 freeway down to 10 towards Tucson. It's all highway driving... whereas yesterday we drove Scottsdale rd all the way to the 202 and it took FOREVER and the Mpg really suffers.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:00 AM

162 posts, read 543,163 times
agree w/ azcater. Yesterday, took haden all the way from scottsdale into tempe and it took FOREVER given all traffic diverted from the 101. Take the 51 to ---> 10 E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area