Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:46 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,426,101 times

Advertisements

Never before have I encountered such bad drivers. Why is this? The heat? At any rate, I am ready to quit my job as I have to do a lot of driving throughout Maricopa County. What is up with people here? They drive like morons and idiots. Anyone ever noticed all of the black tire marks on the K-walls on I-10? Complete idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 09:17 PM

467 posts, read 1,187,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Never before have I encountered such bad drivers. Why is this? The heat? At any rate, I am ready to quit my job as I have to do a lot of driving throughout Maricopa County. What is up with people here? They drive like morons and idiots. Anyone ever noticed all of the black tire marks on the K-walls on I-10? Complete idiots.
Well, I'm glad you asked. Did you know, that from Thurday to Sunday, 1/3 of all drives are on sometype of substance abuse, according to the Arizona Highway Dept.

But, understand this, 1/3 of the prople in the Phoenix area are from somewhere else. Most of the poeple that are driving, don't understand this simple rule....

"All slow traffic.......Stay to the right!"

For some reason, everybody is afraid to drive in the right lane. They are afraid that once they get there, they are not allowed to come back into the left lane, so they don't move.

HELLLLOOOOO people of Arizona, it's ok to drive in the right lane (that's the lane next to you on the right side) move you %$& over!

Old 08-16-2008, 09:27 PM

8,028 posts, read 12,181,403 times
Quote:
Ho hum. Another gripe about bad drivers. What is it this time? Maybe you can be more specific about the "morons and idiots". Are they too fast, too slow, too inattentive, or what? Horrible driving habits exist everywhere ... not just here. Have you ever driven in parts of Florida? How about in southern California? Those places are far worse than Phoenix in many different ways.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:37 AM

430 posts, read 1,406,899 times
Default everyone darts around constantly

Quote:
its kind of like a video game, add some excessive speed and you got Arizona freeways. When I was visiting back home and driveing around the only problem I had was people trying to merge to slow, either that or I have become a Phoenix driver

Old 08-17-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Ho hum. Another gripe about bad drivers. What is it this time? Maybe you can be more specific about the "morons and idiots". Are they too fast, too slow, too inattentive, or what? Horrible driving habits exist everywhere ... not just here. Have you ever driven in parts of Florida? How about in southern California? Those places are far worse than Phoenix in many different ways.
Yes, I have driven in SoCal as I used to live there. The drivers are much better there. The morons weave in and out of lanes and don't even use turn signals. They also do not adhere to the speed limit. When I lived in the SF Bay Area I didn't fear for my life as I do here, and I was comfortable driving 70 or 75. Here I keep it to 60 and maintain my distance. I cannot tell you how many times I see someone coming at me from behind at high speeds only to veer to the right or left of me, and they come very close to hitting me in the process.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Well, I'm glad you asked. Did you know, that from Thurday to Sunday, 1/3 of all drives are on sometype of substance abuse, according to the Arizona Highway Dept.

But, understand this, 1/3 of the prople in the Phoenix area are from somewhere else. Most of the poeple that are driving, don't understand this simple rule....

"All slow traffic.......Stay to the right!"

For some reason, everybody is afraid to drive in the right lane. They are afraid that once they get there, they are not allowed to come back into the left lane, so they don't move.

HELLLLOOOOO people of Arizona, it's ok to drive in the right lane (that's the lane next to you on the right side) move you %$& over!
No, I was not aware of that. And I try to drive in the right lane wherever possible. However, if I know a lane is going to end I may just drive in a lane to the left, HOWEVER, I drive the speed limit and then have to contend with a bunch of morons coming up on me and barely smashing me from behind.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:46 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,320,658 times
Vrrrroooooom...... Zoooommmm...... Whoooooooosh..... Varroooooommmmm.........

Double dang those stoopid fast & furious lane-changing NASCAR wannabe idiots!!!!! STOOPID! STOOPID! STOOPID!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 01:41 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,123,296 times
Quote:
No, I was not aware of that. And I try to drive in the right lane wherever possible. However, if I know a lane is going to end I may just drive in a lane to the left, HOWEVER, I drive the speed limit and then have to contend with a bunch of morons coming up on me and barely smashing me from behind.
I do agree with you about the drivers here and I have driven in other cities that are larger and they were better drivers. However, I just don't believe we go the speed limit here. I do drive fast, at least 10 over on surface streets and I still get passed. The thing I don't do is become reckless and almost kill people on the road. If someone messes with me I sometimes will "play" with them, but I try to be covert about it.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:43 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,134,660 times
i like AZ but i think they drive even worse here.
i dont dare ride my bike on the street anymore.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:14 AM

611 posts, read 1,986,056 times
Quote:
, I drive the speed limit and then have to contend with a bunch of morons coming up on me and barely smashing me from behind.
That's your problem. You need to drive with the flow of traffic. Highway traffic can reach 90 MPH+ in the fast lane around Philly. The dangerous drivers are the ones who get in that lane and drive 5 mph under the limit.

Are you afraid or just trying to be a thorn in peoples sides making them go around you? If it's fear stay out of the fast lane! If you are being a jerk and going slower than the rest of the cars purposefully you deserve the treatment you are recieving from other drivers.

Last edited by markas214; 08-17-2008 at 03:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area