Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:20 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,775 times

Advertisements

it is a gecko. . . totally harmless, nothing to worry about. The "worst" thing it can do is eat small insects that might be in your house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 04:37 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Get them in the house sometimes too. I try to get them out before the cat does. lol

Old 08-31-2008, 08:53 PM

7 posts, read 10,924 times

OOp's sorry, I couldn't find where I had posted my original message and I actually found it right here. I feel pretty stupid! I would still like to know how quickly scorpions can move. And yes, I prefer to keep my cat away from the lizards too! She's been stalking one in the living room for 2 days now. Eewgh!

May I jump in and ask a question? I'm worried that a scorpion came into my house the other night. I first assumed it was a baby lizard, because we have those, but this was the size of a scorpion and upon closer inspection it had very distinct black stripes along it's back. I"m still unsure what it is. It was able to move a little quickly, not real fast, but could go back and forth really well. So my question is, do scorpions move slow or can they move fast? Please help because it's in my bedroom and and I'm sleeping on the sofa until I find out. Plus, I'm freaking out like crazy!!!! HELP!!!!

Old 08-31-2008, 09:03 PM

uote=cap1717;5060413]it is a gecko. . . totally harmless, nothing to worry about. The "worst" thing it can do is eat small insects that might be in your house.[/quote]
Great, let the gecko eat all of the insects that it wants, it can have a little buffet and help me out some! LOL! BTW, ever since I've seen this "thing" I have had the creepy crawly's!

Old 09-01-2008, 07:51 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
I think some people are trying to make you feel better. Scorpions can move fast if you go after them, otherwise they sort of amble along. But a lizard is a lot faster. A scorpion has a long tail that is up in the air over its back, a lizard has a long tail that drags on the ground.

If it is a scorpion, it probably is not in your bedroom anymore anyway. It forages for food (bugs) and moves around the house at night. They lay low in nooks and crannies for the most part. You will probably never see it again no matter where it is and your odds of a painful encounter with it are next to nothing.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:32 AM

Thank you Ponderosa,
I don't exactly feel any better with you reply but I do want honesty. I was clueless as to how fast they could move. It may have been one because it didn't move AS fast as I've seen the lizards do. Eewgh, I just hope that it's not in my bed! I have a generous dust ruffle and it lays on the floor at the bottom. I've read to check the bedding. I actually haven't even slept there since this happened so I'm going to buy a blacklight to make sure that my bed is scorpion free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: