Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:54 AM

9 posts, read 34,453 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Me and My wife are moving to AZ from Belgium and we were thinking of going to Queen Creek or Anthem. We work from home so comuting is no problem But I like being close to A big city and I like Phoenix! But we really like Nature... is there enough nice spots around anthem or Queen creek? and how long drive is it from Queen crekk to the chandler rashion mall, outside of trafic hours.... or are there any other good places to live inside and around phoenix?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 10:29 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Depending on traffic, which can be a bear, 45 min to an hour from Queen Creek to Chandler. Anthem is beautiful, but you have the I-17, which is a one way in and out to get to Phoenix. Traffic can be backed up on that road, but there are improvements coming. Queen Creek has some very nice developments and one newer one is Encantera by Shea Homes. It has a very large golf course and an upscale clubhouse. Shopping will be right outside the entrace to the development. We loved the homes there. It is always wise to make a trip and look around before making a purchase. Best of luck in your search.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:29 AM

133 posts, read 376,829 times
Default Anthem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arias View Post
Hello,
Me and My wife are moving to AZ from Belgium and we were thinking of going to Queen Creek or Anthem.
I think that I would choose Anthem. It is so much closer to the cool country up north (Flagstaff, Sedona, Prescott) and there are lots of hiking trails just north of there in Bumble Bee and the Verde Valley. Also the selection of homes is better and you won't be surrounded by so many religious fanatics.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:08 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,222,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arias View Post
Hello,
Me and My wife are moving to AZ from Belgium and we were thinking of going to Queen Creek or Anthem. We work from home so comuting is no problem But I like being close to A big city and I like Phoenix! But we really like Nature... is there enough nice spots around anthem or Queen creek? and how long drive is it from Queen crekk to the chandler rashion mall, outside of trafic hours.... or are there any other good places to live inside and around phoenix?
Parts of Queen Creek are only 15-20 minutes away from Chandler Fashion Center during non-rush hours.

There is a lot of nature nearby, including San Tan Mountain Regional Park.
Parks & Recreation - Maricopa County

Good luck with your search

Old 07-01-2008, 01:54 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,018,586 times
Wow! Belgium to the Arizona desert? I sure hope you've visited here because that is going to be a HUGE cultural change. However, that being said...Anthem is more of a community developement...Queen Creek has farms and ranches and a more disengaged way of life. Both have their very good points

Old 07-01-2008, 01:55 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
I vote for Anthem! It's a great area for all that you are looking for, especially since you don't need to commute.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:00 AM

Are the religios fanatics bad there? We are Asheists and have plans to aid other atheists in America when we get there

Old 07-02-2008, 09:10 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
haha, well, yes there are a lot of religious people here, at least by the number of churches. There's practically one on every corner (or close to it). I am atheist as well and do ok here for the most part, however, I keep my beliefs to myself (except unless I trust the person isn't going to go off on me about it). There are a lot of hypocrites who have a church sticker or a fish symbol on their car and then they drive like maniacs with no regard for others on the road.

What I'm curious about is your statement about aiding other atheists? What does that mean exactly?

Old 07-04-2008, 06:16 AM

Help people come out, and provide support or maybe A new sociale group... anything to help out minorety.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:34 PM

58 posts, read 147,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
haha, well, yes there are a lot of religious people here, at least by the number of churches. There's practically one on every corner (or close to it). I am atheist as well and do ok here for the most part, however, I keep my beliefs to myself (except unless I trust the person isn't going to go off on me about it). There are a lot of hypocrites who have a church sticker or a fish symbol on their car and then they drive like maniacs with no regard for others on the road.

What I'm curious about is your statement about aiding other atheists? What does that mean exactly?
We just spent last weekend finding a house in Anthem and we are very excited about moving there in 10 days. It is beautiful and seems like a great place to raise a family.

As far as religion goes, come to TX where we live now if you want to see a church on every corner. I don't recall seeing one church in Anthem but then again I wasn't looking too hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area