Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2008, 10:25 AM

59 posts, read 241,470 times

Advertisements

Has anyone bought new blinds recently in the valley? My wife and I need a house full of them and we're wondering where the good value is. I figure somebody in here has some experience in this area, this Phoenix forum is so helpful! Also we are complete noobs to this so if anyone has comments on Bali vs Levolar or whatever there called, I sure do appreciate it....Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 11:03 AM

1,707 posts, read 4,342,135 times
I did this in May and got them at Home Depot. At the time they were having an amazing installation sale - 89.00 to install the ENTIRE house! Not sure if that is going on anymore.

I ended up going with the Home Depot brand off the shelf Faux Wood in white. They were considerably less expensive and no wait. They cut them in the store from stock. NOW, there is a disadvantage to this method as they will not SHORTEN the blinds for free, only cut the width. SO, we had to get as close of a LENGTH as possible and then either have the installer shorten them ($25.00 each blind) or have a few of the planks sitting down on the window sill when they are down. I opted for middle ground...if there was less than 5 planks, I let them sit...for a couple windows that were more than that I had them shorten.

The installer still must come out and measure themselves, even if you ve already done so and as a result the entire process still took a week. But I got 16 windows AND my slider door all purhased, cut, and installed for less than $1000.00.

The other one I almost went with is Blinds.com. But that special for install kicked it over the top for HD.

Oh, one last thing...HD DOES sell the Bali and Levelor, but you have to wait for them as they dont have much stock on hand, and they are slightly more expensive also.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:21 PM

132 posts, read 593,102 times
my husband learned to install these blinds 2 yrs ago with a friend. he installed ours in our new home (28 windows). he also installed blinds in 5 homes that our friends and family. we got our blinds in home depot.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:20 PM

81 posts, read 356,100 times
Is it cheaper and easier to install the blinds yourself or get someone else?

Old 09-08-2008, 11:07 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootie View Post
Has anyone bought new blinds recently in the valley? My wife and I need a house full of them and we're wondering where the good value is. I figure somebody in here has some experience in this area, this Phoenix forum is so helpful! Also we are complete noobs to this so if anyone has comments on Bali vs Levolar or whatever there called, I sure do appreciate it....Thanks!
After lots of shopping around, I found these guys offered the best prices on Hunter Douglas plus the fastest delivery. Much better than any of the local shops including Home Depot and Lowes.

Wallpaper, Blinds, Window Blinds, Draperies, Shades - Best Prices at American Blinds, Wallpaper & More

Good Luck

! :crazy ! :nono ! :crazy ! :nono ! :crazy !

Old 09-09-2008, 01:56 PM

173 posts, read 465,479 times
I did my entire house (over 30 windows) from BindsGalore.com with either faux wood or cellular shades (depending on how much sun came in). You have to read the descriptions because they offer 3 levels of quality for most products.

Prices are pretty good (I compared with Home Depot and Lowes) and installation is a snap.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:15 PM

59 posts, read 241,470 times
Thanks for the replies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area