U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:54 PM

81 posts, read 262,356 times

Advertisements

nice pics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 09:50 PM
jco

2,106 posts, read 4,629,031 times
Lovely photos. You need to watermark them before putting them on the web, because you'll be doing commercial work soon if you keep it up.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:01 AM

43,176 posts, read 20,143,246 times
Good pictures, again.

I work in the downtown area, and I enjoy seeing the tall cranes rising, especially for the Central Park East, and City Scape projects. I just wish they stayed with the original plans for City Scape, in which the tallest tower would have exceeded 500 feet and would have made it the tallest building in Arizona.

Oh well, I guess it'll take over the title of "Second Tallest" from the US Bank Tower (Originally The Arizona Bank Tower)

Old 09-15-2008, 08:12 PM

I watched the movie the Gauntlet this past weekend, and I like the beginning of it, where it shows downtown Phoenix in the foreground, as it was in 1977, and a sunrise with Camelback mountain, The McDowell Mountains, and Four Peaks in the distance.

Back then there were only 4 tall buildings in downtown Phoenix, the 40-story Chase Tower (formerly the Valley Bank, then Bank One Tower) which is also still the tallest building in Arizona, the 30-story US Bank Tower (formerly the Arizona Bank, then The Bank of America Tower), which was newly built and opened back then, the 27-story Wells Fargo Tower (formerly First National, then First Interstate Bank Tower) and the Hyatt Regency Hotel, which was also newly completed over 31 years ago.

I also like the way the music blended in with the sunrise and downtown Phoenix, I forgot who the music was composed by, but it sounded pretty good in that scene.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:51 PM

3,886 posts, read 6,391,249 times
Really wonderful Hex! You are skilled,. Looks like a mini L.A. I can almost see a beach through those palms.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:57 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,392,751 times
Dang! I love those pictures of downtown Phoenix. Those out-of-staters who deride this city have nothing to say when they look at those pictures.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:42 PM

1,170 posts, read 2,391,907 times
maybe he'll surprise us all and put that nice camera to right use the way it was made to be and takes some pics of Tempe/Scottsdale cougars or hotties and post'em on here along with the highrises...

maybe he'll pm me some of those nudes of the hotties...MmmmMmmmmMmmm I have hope for him, still.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:52 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,392,751 times
Dude, why don't you take the easy way and go to a skin joint? Lots of fine ones around and this site itself can remain, umm,... p.g. rated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1225 View Post
maybe he'll surprise us all and put that nice camera to right use the way it was made to be and takes some pics of Tempe/Scottsdale cougars or hotties and post'em on here along with the highrises...

maybe he'll pm me some of those nudes of the hotties...MmmmMmmmmMmmm I have hope for him, still.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:47 AM

1,170 posts, read 2,391,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Dude, why don't you take the easy way and go to a skin joint? Lots of fine ones around and this site itself can remain, umm,... p.g. rated.
Great advice, will do, thanks Howie

Old 09-18-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Really wonderful Hex! You are skilled,. Looks like a mini L.A. I can almost see a beach through those palms.
Mini L.A., that's a good analogy of the Phoenix metro area. I think there are about 10 to 11 million people that live in the entire southern California region, and that includes the "Inland Empire", wihch are San Bernardino, Ontario, Riverside, and all of the communities around them, extending west 50 miles to the Pacific coast, and from Oxnard, to 50 miles south to all the communities in Orange County.

If you take the area from Casa Grande, all the way north to Anthem, and from Apache Junction, all the way west to Tonopah, then you'd have an area that's equal to the one I mentioned in Southern California, the only difference is only 3.5 million people live here, and we have a lot more open space, and I hope it stays that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area