Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2007, 05:26 AM

12 posts, read 113,665 times

Advertisements

My family and I are relocating to Chandler sometime in the summer. My daughter will be starting high school next school year and she has attended private school all her life. We are contemplating whether to put her in a private or public school. I believe the public high school in the area is Chandler High and Hamilton High. The private schools we are looking into are Seton Catholic High School and Valley Christian High School. Any input (good or bad) will be most appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 02:17 PM

3 posts, read 9,230 times
chandler high is one of the top high schools in az, my son started there this year, I like it, they have a college type set up. they are a full yr school and are on a block scheduling. being full year is nice because they get 2 weeks off every 10 weeks, then summer they have almost 2 months off. it is nice with the time they have off because if you want to go somewhere it wont be crowded like it is during the spring break time...

Old 02-13-2007, 05:26 AM

That is nice to hear. We will visit several schools once we get there. Thanks for your reply.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:05 PM

7 posts, read 24,039 times
hi just wondering if you found out any info on the schools we are also thinking about relocating and looking into school already went to highland high in gilbert and loved it but my kids are catholic and we are from ny just a little concerned about the mormons there i heard (dont know if true) that out kids might not fit in but im not sure it true or not can you please let me know what you found out o going back in march

Old 02-20-2007, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatty View Post
hi just wondering if you found out any info on the schools we are also thinking about relocating and looking into school already went to highland high in gilbert and loved it but my kids are catholic and we are from ny just a little concerned about the mormons there i heard (dont know if true) that out kids might not fit in but im not sure it true or not can you please let me know what you found out o going back in march
I've read up on information on the official websites, school reviews and several other websites of the schools mentioned. Overall, the information I've read up have been good. I've read that Chandler High has an 80-year track record as one of the top academic schools in Arizona and Hamilton High is one of the most technologically advanced high schools in the country. I have family who reside in Chandler and they talk highly of Seton Catholic High School. However, I will make my informed decision when I arrive in Chandler and personally visit the schools. I think in any school, parental involvement is the key to the success of your child's education.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:50 PM

3 posts, read 4,528 times
Chandler High School info 2013
2013 Academic Indicators

National Rank #1,587 College Readiness Index22.9Math Proficiency3.1Reading Proficiency3.0Student/Teacher Ratio20:1State Rank #25

Old 09-13-2013, 03:18 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,708,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylwiaSolty View Post
Chandler High School info 2013
2013 Academic Indicators

National Rank #1,587 College Readiness Index22.9Math Proficiency3.1Reading Proficiency3.0Student/Teacher Ratio20:1State Rank #25
The OP attended his daughter's graduation 2 years ago this spring and is presumably no longer in need of this information.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 PM

3 posts, read 4,528 times
Smile Chandler High School

Hi,I am looking for a good high school for my daughter in Chandler area too. So far the best school ( academically are basis schools )Chandler High School is ranked 25th within Arizona. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement® course work and exams. The AP® participation rate at Chandler High School is 27 percent. Chandler HighNational Rank#1,587 State Rank # 25 College Readiness Index 22.9Math Proficiency 3.1Reading Proficiency 3.0
Hamilton High School is ranked 13th within Arizona. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement® course work and exams. The AP® participation rate at Hamilton High School is 42 percent.

Hamilton High
National Rank #877State Rank #13 College Readiness Index 35.3Math Proficiency 3.3Reading Proficiency 3.1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: