Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,685 times

Advertisements

We are considering moving to Buckeye (Tartesso) at the end of the year. I would appreciate honest comments regarding the local schools for my children. (7th grader and 1st grader) I don't necessarily trust those who are trying to sell me a house. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 09:50 AM

1,112 posts, read 3,998,264 times
As far as I know, the Buckeye district has yet to open any schools out that way. I'm not sure if it's covered by another district or not, but I don't think anything has been built by anybody.

That said, there are a LOT of schools planned out there. But, until then, I think they'll have to go to Westpark. Miller Road & Warner.. and then somewhere inside that circle they call a master planned community.

On a side note - That area should be amazing in the next 10 years. We were going to by out there, but couldn't handle the commute into Phoenix.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:09 PM

8 posts, read 37,264 times
We live out here. The school district is Saddle Mountain. My kid's don't attend the school here yet. We let them finish the year at their old school and then they will attend the new school in August. The parents seem like they are interested in the school and making it a great place for kids. I think parental involvement says alot. I can't really help you though.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:34 PM

23 posts, read 93,460 times
We live in Tartesso as well. As far as I know, the first school is being build right now and it will open around summer of this year. I'm not sure which school district it will fall under. Sorry if this info isn't really helpful.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:45 PM

4 posts, read 14,551 times
Default Buckeye (Tartesso) Schools

We recently signed a purchase agreement with Montalbano builders and our house should be complete this summer. I'm currently doing a lot of research on the the Tartesso schools since my son will be attending Tonopah Valley H.S. I have to say; I'm not real pleased with the situation. The Saddle Mountain school district is in debt up to their eyeballs, to the tune of about $5,000,000 thanks to their previous superintendant. I don't know how they will be able to afford a quality curriculum and staff for the students. I am very upset that my child cannot attend Buckeye Union H.S. unless I get a varience AND provide the transportation to and from school each day!!! What a rip-off!!! Tartesso has a Buckeye mailing address, we pay Buckeye taxes; our children should be part of the Buckeye school district. As much as I love the Tartesso enviroment, this just might be a deal breaker for me. My child's education is my top priority and unfortunately for those of us that have to work, we cannot possible be available to drive our kids to and from school everyday! Not happy about the educational aspect of Tartesso AT ALL!

Old 02-10-2008, 12:10 PM

11 posts, read 50,421 times
How far are those other schools from tartesso? I am looking to move in the fall with a 1st grader?

Old 02-17-2008, 04:13 PM

4 posts, read 14,551 times
Default Buckeye (Tartesso) schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by fades47 View Post
How far are those other schools from tartesso? I am looking to move in the fall with a 1st grader?
As long as you have an elementary student, you're in luck! I heard that the Wickenburg school district is providing transportation for the elementary kids to attend a new school in the Festival Foothills subdivision which is right down the road from Tartesso. Although it would be much nicer and more convenient for your child to attend that elementary school right in Tartesso if they ever get it open, it's a much better deal than the high school students are getting. They are only offered transportation to Tonopah Valley High School, which is the Saddle Mountain school district. Buckeye or Wickenburg are not even options for them! I think the different districts need to get together and redetermine some boundaries that actually make sense! It's not going to be an asset as far as resale value to Tartesso home owners to remain in a financial bankrupt district such as the Saddle Mountain school district.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 6,103 times
Default Tartesso and Racists

We bought a house in tartesso not to long ago. I'm CAUCASIAN and my wife is from Dominican Republic, of a mixed race. Our 2 years old son is BLACK.
If you are black, you are not welcome by some of the residents in that community.
Today, my wife and our son were insulted by some neighbour at the park. She didn't allow her children to play with our son. She called him ****** and she said she can't believe that place is already infested with ******s. That they should have stayed in their country. She didn't even want to listen to my wife, to what she had to say about it.
That is not the type of Community I want for me and my family. I can't believe we are in the 21st century. this is frustrating and embarrasing.
We are a very successful family. We have our own Company. We are not bad dressed or dirty. We are very educated and treat people the way we like to be treated. Had I been there, I don't know what I would have done.
This is just very, very sad. Choose another Community if you are black or a race other than white-american-racist-kkk type, or if you are just from a different Country.
Do you really want your boys and girls to attend their Schools? Think about it. I will not stop until this is known by everyone is the City.
Sad, very sad.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:27 PM

611 posts, read 2,307,660 times
I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your son and wife. I agree it's absolutely awful and unacceptable. I don't understand how some people can be so hurtful and filled with hate. I would just ignore that person as I'm sure the majority of the other residents there aren't like that, right?

On the subject of schools, we have some friends who live in the retirement side of Sun City Festival. A few weeks ago I went to their house for a party where I met some of their other resident friends. They told me that even though their retirement neighborhood side is doing well, their family neighborhood side is not doing so well. They also said that their amazing new Festival school (it truly is...you should see it!) is struggling and only has 80 attending kids right now. Of those kids, approx 10 are being bussed from Wittman and approx 30 from Tartesso (20 miles away). I was shocked when I heard that, but even more shocked when they said that Tartesso plans to open their elem school in the fall taking their 30 kids back. Why would Tartesso open a school with only 30 kids or maybe they are re-doing the boundaries in Buckeye and pull more kids from south of 1-10 for Tartesso Elementary? And, why would Tartesso put Festival in an even worse situation with only 50 kids remaining at Festival Elementary (from Festival and Wittman)? If all that is true, then I really feel for Tartesso and Festival and hope things get better for those master planned communities (MPCs). Both of them are very nice MPCs, especially Festival. The Del Webb group is another developer that really does a great job. Or maybe it isn't all true since the friends telling me are retired and don't have kids attending Festival Elementary so they aren't as "close" to the situation? Although Festival isn't that big yet, so I would think they know what is happening with the schools. I'm so thankful we're in a MPC with a full elementary school and due to the still current growth another one is in the plan to start being built in 2009.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:39 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,528,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fog1976 View Post
We bought a house in tartesso not to long ago. I'm CAUCASIAN and my wife is from Dominican Republic, of a mixed race. Our 2 years old son is BLACK.
If you are black, you are not welcome by some of the residents in that community.
Today, my wife and our son were insulted by some neighbour at the park. She didn't allow her children to play with our son. She called him ****** and she said she can't believe that place is already infested with ******s. That they should have stayed in their country. She didn't even want to listen to my wife, to what she had to say about it.
That is not the type of Community I want for me and my family. I can't believe we are in the 21st century. this is frustrating and embarrasing.
We are a very successful family. We have our own Company. We are not bad dressed or dirty. We are very educated and treat people the way we like to be treated. Had I been there, I don't know what I would have done.
This is just very, very sad. Choose another Community if you are black or a race other than white-american-racist-kkk type, or if you are just from a different Country.
Do you really want your boys and girls to attend their Schools? Think about it. I will not stop until this is known by everyone is the City.
Sad, very sad.
I am so sorry you had such a bad experience - that is horrible and unacceptable.
We also live in Tartesso and I am sure that the majority of people here are not like that at all and would be as horrified as I am.
I hope you will not let this define your impression of Tartesso and the residents here. Unfortunately there are awful people everywhere.

I think that only a few of the students here are going to the Festival school the majority are going to other Saddle Mtn. Schools. So there will be more than 30 students for certain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area