Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:35 AM

27 posts, read 100,663 times

Advertisements

Honest question here, and not saying that leaving the dog in the car was the right thing to do, but do you people also call 911 every time you drive by a house that has a dog outside in the backyard when it's 110° outside? Maybe the guy only ran in the store for 10 minutes, maybe there was another reason the dog was in the car, but at least the windows were down

Old 10-23-2008, 03:12 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,029,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drozz View Post
Honest question here, and not saying that leaving the dog in the car was the right thing to do, but do you people also call 911 every time you drive by a house that has a dog outside in the backyard when it's 110° outside? Maybe the guy only ran in the store for 10 minutes, maybe there was another reason the dog was in the car, but at least the windows were down
No, but if I noticed say a neighbor leaving their dog out all the time and with no adequate shade or water, then I would certainly call the Animal Cruelty Organization. BTW just a fact that I researched: on an 85-degree Fahrenheit day, for example, the temperature inside a car with the windows opened slightly can reach 102 degrees within ten minutes So even if the owner was only gone 10 minutes the dog could already be in the beginning phases of heat stroke. A dog can die within 20 minutes of the onset of the first symptoms.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:23 AM

430 posts, read 1,410,031 times
Default I recently saw the same deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I agree, Hot . . . the ultimate example of STUPIDITY and obvious ANIMAL ABUSE!

Whenever I witness a similar scenario, I immediately call 911.
In frys parking lot a couple weeks back There was a dog in the car with the windows hald rolled down, I know it was still uncomfortable in a car even with the windows down. I didn't know what to do either as it wasent 105 or 110, I left hopeing the people were only in there for a really short trip for a couple things, it upsets me when I see this, I figured the poor dog would be ok as it wasen't deadly hot and the windows were open.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:53 AM

68 posts, read 285,784 times
I agree. People do not leave your pets in the car. They may look cool hanging their heads out the window while driving to the store, but rest assured when the car is off, and Fido is cooped up, he becomes hot. Please be kind to our furry friends.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:06 PM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
844 posts, read 1,626,559 times
I agree too. A pet just like a child should not be left in a HOT CAR!!! If people are going to abuse their pets in this regard, then you should not have pets or again, as I may say, children!!!! Take care of them.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:12 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,763,177 times
Next time you witness such abuse, why not leave a little note on the windshield explaining the temperature increases - just a thought.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:13 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,031 times
Default Good advice.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
Next time you witness such abuse, why not leave a little note on the windshield explaining the temperature increases - just a thought.
I know this post is old but, its still warm here and uncomfortable in a closed car. The worst thing I witnessed was back in OHIO I was walking out of a walmart and heard moaning comeing from a Van, I walked up to check it out and there was a handicapped person in there with the windows rolled up no engine running in the dead of summer. Heart breaking. So I ran into the store and had a manager paged and told him the situation, he said he would page the store for the Van owner to return to the car. I went back outside and waited for the person to come out, I was ready to call the police next. A man eventually came out and hurried up and drove off, in retrospect I wish I had called the police first, they definately needed more then just to be told to come back to thier van. I would handle such a matter different next time.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:36 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotinthecity View Post
So, I was at the Target parking lot and it was about a 92 degree day and there is a dog in the car with the windows down.... damn me for leaving my cell phone at home that day charging; but what f$cking moron leaves their dog in a car in 92 degree heat??? I looked for a phone or a cop in the parking lot. Nada. I am only praying that the moron owners came out fast from the store OR someone else saw this!!!

People -- if it's hot for YOU in the car, then it's hot for the dog too!!! Leaving the windows half assed cracked does not help!

If the windows were down, what's the issue? Not like it's the middle of the summer anymore, it was a little warm this week, but bad enough to not take your dogs on a nice trip in the car.

Do you own a dog? Have you never taken him anywhere?

Old 10-20-2009, 08:41 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
If the windows were down, what's the issue? Not like it's the middle of the summer anymore, it was a little warm this week, but bad enough to not take your dogs on a nice trip in the car.

Do you own a dog? Have you never taken him anywhere?
Ditto!

Old 10-20-2009, 11:50 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
It can still get very hot in the car.

I would think that if someone had called law enforcement, the dogs owner may very well have gotten cited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area