U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2008, 04:45 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,702,349 times

Advertisements

1.Brazilian restaurant ?
2.Greek restaurant ?
3.Vietnamese restaurant ?
4.German restaurant ?
5.Filipino restaurant ?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 07:53 AM

2,578 posts, read 6,524,290 times
Brazilian -- There are a few churrascurias around; the all-you-can-eat meatfest became popular during the Atkins fad. Fogo E Brasa (http://www.fogoebrasa.com/Fogo_/Home.html - broken link) in Ahwatukee is popular. I've also heard about a simpler, non-churrascuria Brazilian restaurant in Goodyear called Val's, but I also heard it closed. Call before visiting.

Greek -- Local chain My Big Fat Greek Restaurant wins the prize for silliest name and fastest expansion. Some people like it, but I'm not a big fan. My favorite is GreekTown in Sunnyslope.

Vietnamese -- Too many to mention. The biggest clusters of Vietnamese food are on the west side, particularly along 19th, 35th, and 43rd Avenues and along Dobson Road in Chandler and Mesa. There are many others scattered throughout the metro area. My current favorites include Khai Hoan and Pho Mesa, but there are many good ones. You may want to check out Mekong Plaza, a shopping center with a southeast Asian theme that just opened at Dobson and Main in west Mesa. Once all the stores are open, it will house several Vietnamese restaurants in one plaza.

German -- There are a few scattered around the area. My favorite place for German is a strip mall in east Mesa that houses two restaurants: Zur Kate (http://www.zurkate.com/index.htm - broken link) and Bavarian Point. I don't get there much, though, because it's so far from me. There's also Haus Murphy's in Downtown Glendale and German Corner in Arcadia.

Filipino -- Filipino restaurants come and go but don't gain much traction here. I'm not up-to-date on where the good ones are right now, but I'm sure there are a few out there.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:39 PM

8 posts, read 24,489 times
Yes! Theres lots! Check out the new times website. I cant find any Czech resturants tho

Old 11-01-2008, 09:03 PM

723 posts, read 2,132,554 times
I've tried A Touch Of Thai, on 35th avenue and Bell - found the food very tasty.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:31 AM

39 posts, read 105,804 times
I don't care for Vietnamese food myself, but I always see good reviews for Cyclo. It's near the SE corner of Dobson & Chandler.

The best Thai place I know is Yupha's. They just moved to the SE corner of Elliott & McClintock. ALWAYS a good meal. I go there for lunch about 1-2 times a week and for dinner about twice a month.

A fabulous Italian place is in the same strip mall as the Thai place. It's called VinciTorio's. The best Butternut Squash Ravioli. Even the pasta is homemade. Yum!

Old 11-03-2008, 02:40 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,879,716 times
Does anyone know what happened to the Vietnamese place that used to be in Christown mall just a few years ago? That place was amazing. Totally turned me on to Vietnamese food.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:17 AM

92 posts, read 395,331 times
Yes

Old 11-03-2008, 06:49 AM

2,578 posts, read 6,524,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkonami View Post
Does anyone know what happened to the Vietnamese place that used to be in Christown mall just a few years ago? That place was amazing. Totally turned me on to Vietnamese food.
I believe it moved to Glendale or somewhere northwest of Christown. I remember that restaurant fondly. Christown has recently bounced back a little for shopping with the new Super Target, but it's dullsville for dining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area