U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 02:02 PM

16,908 posts, read 19,994,502 times
Wow! If it wasn't hot enough now it's muggy to boot. Feels like July out there today. Yuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 02:42 PM

1,046 posts, read 2,042,570 times
The air was pretty heavy around 6:30 when I was out. It reminded me of living near the swamps in NC.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:31 PM

16,908 posts, read 19,994,502 times
And now a thunder/dust storm. It's crazy out there this year.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:42 PM

4,965 posts, read 3,635,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
This is true. I'm a native and I almost never complain about the intensity. It's hot. If you work, you probably don't spend a lot of time outside in the hottest part of the day, anyway. No big deal. I only start to complain around times like last week. Temps in the 90s are a lot better than 110, but I'm just tired of it.

You're also dead on about the mornings and nights. I actually think it's pretty nice early in the AM all the way up until mid/late July. I like to mountain bike and not only is the weather fine, the trails are nearly empty during the summer.

Truth be told, I actually think the perfect temperature is somewhere between 55 and 65 degrees (as a native, that seems really strange), but I don't think the summers here are a big deal, at all.
I'm a native too and I don't complain about the heat at all. It's part of life in AZ. You KNOW it's coming, you prepare for it and you accept it. I haven't had to use the cooler for weeks now and haven't had to use the heater either. It's been around 55-60 in the AM when I get up but it's warmer in the house and I've been leaving all my windows open all the time. Don't close the sliding doors till I go to bed, around 10:30, but not because it's cold! I LOVE Fall in AZ!!!

I could be happy living somewhere that's around 80 degrees year round!

Old 10-25-2011, 07:49 PM

4,965 posts, read 3,635,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xica_da_Silva View Post
Yeah, I'm surprised that more retirees don't end up in Tuscon for that reason (or maybe they do and I'm just not aware?). Even though I'm far from retirement age, Tuscon seems really attractive for the reasons you mention. But maybe the liberal politics kinda turns some retirees off to it? Not sure how much people care about that when retiring, compared to so many other things.

My mom lives up in Cottonwood and always gets that chirpy sound in her voice in September, while we're still relatively hot here in Phoenix. She does kind of miss the more easily accessible shopping opportunities that Phoenix has, but doesn't mind too much because she can easily drive down here in about an hour and a half during the winter, when it's bearable for her. And she also doesn't like the crowds and traffic, so a small town like Cottonwood works for her. The only thing she really envies about my lifestyle in Phoenix is that I can grow anything in my garden during the Fall/Winter/Spring. It's awesome to grow stuff like basil, carrots, spinach, strawberries, etc. The best thing: no worries about listeria recalls for spinach!
I live in Cottonwood too and am happy when it cools off. Not sure how "chirpy" I get though. lol It works for me too though!

I am still getting tomatoes, bell peppers and hot peppers in my garden. I'm sooooo glad the squashes finally quit. Enough already! We can grow Fall veggies up here too but I'm tired of the garden.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:44 AM

478 posts, read 200,456 times
Turn up the heat

I'll be home in 8 hrs.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:45 AM

160 posts, read 155,795 times
The weather is awesome now, I am glad it finally cooled off. I actually had to put on my jacket this morning when I left for work.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:54 AM

464 posts, read 383,346 times
Default Awesome...

...it is.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:36 AM

478 posts, read 200,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJ0SH View Post
The weather is awesome now, I am glad it finally cooled off. I actually had to put on my jacket this morning when I left for work.

phhht we're wearing two up here,

Old 11-13-2011, 08:15 AM

8 posts, read 3,950 times
Hi Makeitagreatday and all the others

Even if a little belated thks for yr posts.

At moment, still dealing with cold and rainny weather here. Lots of sun and fine weather the most part of the time (finally!), even if hot, will be, for sure, a great but very nice change! No raincoat, umbrella, boots or such what a beautiful idea! Ah! And there's the A/C... I know it also rains there, and cold at night but still... I can hardly wait to be there! I think I'll manage it just fine! If many others do ...

Hope to see you all there! Soon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area