Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:46 AM

148 posts, read 302,169 times

Advertisements

Hiya Santos,
Yup. I freely admit I am an outsider. Says so under my posting numbers - which is why you know I am an outsider and Canadian.

I hear you about the heat and tempers. We were in Phoenix the first three weeks in July this year and, yes, it was hot! Your point is well-taken.

As for being an outsider and not politely suggesting that someone take care of the earth we walk on......Sorry, it's not in my nature to do that the same as I wouldn't walk away from a crime in progress - outsider or not. I'm willing to take the risk and, a stand, on such matters.

I sincerely do appreciate your concern, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 01:07 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,161,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Hello Future "Transplant" !!! Actually there are no transplants here anymore. If there are any, they (we) outnumber the native Arizonans by 3 million to 1 ! Everyone you meet is from somewhere else. I have not heard the word "transplant" since I moved here from Chicago land, 7 years ago. I too worried about this transplant idea, until I got here and saw that almost no one is actually from here. And if they actually grew up here and never left, they don't have too much to talk about, except Arizona. Welcome to the state !!!
No, there's plenty of natives here. I know many and continue to meet more daily come through my work. It amazes me to hear people say there aren't any left.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:15 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,266,274 times
My bad, I thought this thread was about Joe Biden's hair plugs.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:22 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,762,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
No, there's plenty of natives here. I know many and continue to meet more daily come through my work. It amazes me to hear people say there aren't any left.
I think why they don't run into many natives is because of where they live. If you live in these new cookie cutter communities on the outskirts of the valley all you will run into are transplants. If you actually venture into the scary city them you will find us natives lurking.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:52 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,997,265 times
Yes; we lurk.
That's what we do. Don't venture inside the 101, Ohhh nooo.
That's native territory.

Last edited by CodyW; 11-02-2008 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: I'm an idiot, apparently.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:01 AM

214 posts, read 691,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havikats View Post
LMFAO - ya know Santos - you just finished telling telling someone else to stick it up her a$$ on another thread - This thread is located at:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/phoenix-area/478666-trick-treat-not-truco-o-trato-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Yeah, Bluefly, wow, stick up your *****.

And I have been reading your (other negative, sick and combative) posts... man you have a problem.... maybe it is reverse SADD.... Get a life.. quit being so negative... get off my ***** and get some help. Mister... you have an anger problem. You, sir, on ignore... You tangled with the wrong person.... I truly feel sorry for you and it is just matter of time before you self-destruct. Say bye-bye!!! Remember you are on ignore... so go troll someone else and save your reverse-SADD sorry responses for someone else. BYE_BYE!!!
I said "[HAD] a stick UP the arse", meaning that person is UNBENDING. Behavior just as you present in fact, so no wonder you took umbrage.

Further that comment was made in response to a person COMPLAINING about OTHERS. Quite a different meaning than the out-of-content and inference you have posted herein.

I like people who can speak their mind without having a flaming "I'm the mommy" tantrum, as you did, so if you don't want to talk with me it's no loss.

See also, it is not I quoting or alluding to stuff that you have written in other threads as “ammo” to attack a person’s character and thus prove I am the “mommy”, or “daddy” as the case may be. Shame on you for gossiping.

If you can't cope with someone having a difference of option "ignore" is what you should do here in the Valley of the Sun. Better yet, don't post on public forums.

I am not a negative person, in fact I am a cartoonist. I have a great sense of humor, just simply runs to the droll, acquired by years of exposure to persons such as yourself--those with a stick UP one's arse.

I have never spoken to a living being the way you have spoken to me herein--wow, mommy, I can't help but poke at you, you're so easy.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:06 AM

10 posts, read 20,948 times
"Transplants" as you put it, we don't mind at all. Welcome to AZ. I personally am a native, born and raised, my parents were the ones who moved here in the late 70s (i think)

The people who catch the most crap are the snow birds. They move here for the winter months, and make all the perms go bat **** crazy.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:02 AM

148 posts, read 302,169 times
Hi Wyvrex - I'll bet your folks knew a different Az than what you see today. Do you ever look at their old pics?

Old 11-05-2008, 03:57 PM

214 posts, read 691,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvrex View Post
They move here for the winter months, and make all the perms go bat **** crazy.
I hope the Obama election will move them down sooner and in a buying state of mind, as opposed to a what can be gotten below the market value state of mind.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:14 PM

419 posts, read 1,524,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havikats View Post

We are good neighbours.
We care about those around us and our ecology.
We are conscientious spenders and don't necessarily try to keep up with the Jones', but rather spend in a responsible and sensible manner.
....with a true thirst for knowledge....
We learn from them, and they from us.

Thanks in advance.
These are just the things that seem to "peeve" the natives who complain, especially the thirst for knowledge. To some (not most), it's as if any desire to improve, enhance, grow, or enlighten comes across as elitism and they tell you to leave. Granted, some people bring these topics up in a snobby way and deserve it, but sometimes I read inquisitive folks get snapped at and told to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area