Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 06:22 PM

419 posts, read 1,521,444 times

Advertisements

Wal-mart is evil. First, they blackmail neighboring towns by demanding the most public funding for construction, often at the expense of vital city services. Second, they actually encourage employees to use public assistance as a supplement to their too-expensive health-care. Third, they manipulate actually alter timesheets to cut costs.

I will always be willing to spend a few dollars more and go somewhere else. And if I don't have the few dollars, I'll go to Dollar Tree or some place like that. Wal-Mart is the epitome of unethical modern business, and are pushing us closer and closer to a 3rd world economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 06:30 PM

5,464 posts, read 12,199,625 times
Super Target has great food, especially their deli meals and fruits, but man, their women's clothes are depressing looking. I never see Target clothes I want to buy. At least Wal*Mart sometimes has decent jeans.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:21 PM

641 posts, read 2,359,199 times
I like the super target out on ValVista. It was clean, and the prices were not that bad. I wish they would get one out here in Casa grande.

I agree Target needs more selection in clothing. Most of the clothes are in the teen catagory, and womans has a lack . I like the grocery much better than wallmart. Wallmart has a lot of the low brands of food and there is always something I need they do not carry. I also do not like wallmarts Bakery or hot food section . They need regular chicken in there, not those little wings.

Wallmart does have good salads though.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:24 PM

173 posts, read 463,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay View Post
Wal-mart is evil. First, they blackmail neighboring towns by demanding the most public funding for construction, often at the expense of vital city services. Second, they actually encourage employees to use public assistance as a supplement to their too-expensive health-care. Third, they manipulate actually alter timesheets to cut costs.

I will always be willing to spend a few dollars more and go somewhere else. And if I don't have the few dollars, I'll go to Dollar Tree or some place like that. Wal-Mart is the epitome of unethical modern business, and are pushing us closer and closer to a 3rd world economy.
I agree. Not to mention they are in bed with the Chinese govm't and have closed down many USA mfg companies by strong-arming them.

Their products are all inferior quality - hey, that's why everything is so cheap there! I went to a Wal-Mart once; their meats have an unnatural red color which concerned me. Plus, I vowed never to go back when I had to spend 40 minutes for check out.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:26 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,014,702 times
Quote:

My G/F loooves Wal-Mart whereas I will drive past one and spend 5-10% more $$$ at, say an Albertsons or Target.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:00 AM

837 posts, read 2,326,209 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2snow View Post
I agree. Not to mention they are in bed with the Chinese govm't and have closed down many USA mfg companies by strong-arming them.

Their products are all inferior quality - hey, that's why everything is so cheap there! I went to a Wal-Mart once; their meats have an unnatural red color which concerned me. Plus, I vowed never to go back when I had to spend 40 minutes for check out.
You guys are right on the Freakin money here! I had to do a 40 page research report on Wal-Mart for a business ethics class and it was AMAZING to find out about the things you guys mentioned, plus many, many more.
People just don't understand that those few pennies you're saving on SOME products, that you're actually paying much more in the long run. The psychological marketing ploys they use are genius, and they pay TOP dollar for the research. The quality is terrible! and you WILL pay more because the products don't last long.
Did you know that companies such as Fruit of Loom, makes the same products only with different materials for different companies. They use the higher quality products that they sell at other retail outlets for higher prices, and vice versus for Wal-Mart, yet they package them the same!
.....And yes there is a whole other story behind that Meat! Do some research!
But I've known these things for 5 years now, that has not been my gripe. My beef is POOR SERVICE, OR LACK THERE OF!
It's ridiculous that someone should wait in a checkout lane for 30 minutes, have to retrieve their own cart, and cannot find a SOUL to ask a question!:

Old 04-21-2009, 11:49 AM

I also love Fresn n Easy, there prices are really affordable. hamburger was 1.50/lb the other day

Old 04-21-2009, 12:04 PM

7 posts, read 37,609 times
I do dislike going to Wal-Mart, but I go there anyways usually. I've made several observations of the two stores:

-Everything at Target is $4 more than at Wal-Mart.
-Target's store brand looks and feels like it's from a dollar store
-90% Wal-Mart's employees are braindead, compared to 50% of Targets
-75% of Wal-Mart's customers are tweakers, compared to 15% for Target

I don't understand one thing though. Everyone complains about Wal-Mart "using Chinese labor". Last time I shopped at Wal-Mart, the stuff I bought was the same exact brand I would have bought at whatever store I would have gone to. Is the complaint just about Wal-Marts store brand stuff? I can't so how that could be a big deal for anybody... You don't like it? Don't buy it!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruined View Post
Is the complaint just about Wal-Marts store brand stuff? I can't so how that could be a big deal for anybody... You don't like it? Don't buy it!
The products apear to be the same, but in acutality the products packaged for Wal-Mart are significanly inferrior to the ones sold in identical packages elseswhere. Manufactorers use cheaper materials and labor to meet Wal-marts demand for lower prices.
.....and you're right I DON'T BUY IT

Old 04-21-2009, 12:22 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,857,858 times
I like shopping at Target more then I do Walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area