Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnari View Post
Yea but he won the States of Alabama, Miss.,Ark., and Georgia.

Bastians of intelligence. I guess Billy Bob didnt think Obama was ready to govern yet.
and a few others if I am right, maybe 20 or more..wasn't it 22 states, why are you mentioning only 4? I hardly would classify Georgia as a Redneck state. In fact you probably know very little about any of these states. We do not marry our cousins anymore, we have major industries, we like the things people like in other states, we go to school and wear shoes. Not all of us own guns or drive pick ups and those of us who do, don't park them on our grass. We work for a living, we love football, we don't eat squirrel or pork neck bones, at least not every night. Some go to church on Sundays, but not everyone, many of us are transplants from other states and we have been to college. There are lots of golf courses, as well as forests where we can watch the deer and fox, but we don't all kill them. And more than anything WE BELIEVE IN OUR COUNTRY AND WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR OUR FLAG!!!!! If this shows a lack of intelligence than we are all a bunch of dumb asses...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 03:28 PM

67 posts, read 272,769 times
What I'd like to know is how many black americans voted for Obama just because he is black and not because of what he stands for? I bet there are a lot who never did their homework!!

Old 11-06-2008, 03:33 PM

837 posts, read 2,334,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgs92 View Post
What I'd like to know is how many black americans voted for Obama just because he is black and not because of what he stands for? I bet there are a lot who never did their homework!!
I usually refrain from forum arm chair politics, but the black turn-out was only slightly higher than 2004 mirrored by the over-all turn out. And 90% went Democratic just as it did in 2004.
Please don't be so dissmissive of a whole class of voters intellegence and decision making. As it stands the majority of Blacks vote Democratic anyway

Old 11-06-2008, 03:38 PM

103 posts, read 229,338 times
Quote:
No doubt about it. Most blacks voted for Obama and I bet a bunch did only because he is black. To counterbalance that a lot of bigoted white people voted for McCain because Obama is black.

Blacks have suffered greatly in the history of the U.S. It wasnt that long ago they couldnt use the same bathroom that whites did. Mabe we dont see the world with the same eye glasses that black people do. If they vote for a candidate because he is black it may not be perfect on the surface but to me it is something I dont feel in a position to judge.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Gut feeling, but of course we will never know: a good number, many voted for him that would not have voted period otherwise...

Old 11-06-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Gut feeling, but of course we will never know: a good number, many voted for him that would not have voted period otherwise...
Obama won most of the demographics in the election. Including the high income and the EDUCATED vote.

He lost the Evangelical Christian vote and the uneducated white guy vote.(what a shock).

Nice spin but you lose anyway.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:00 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,512 times
He lost the Evangelical Christian vote and the uneducated white guy vote.(what a shock).

No the Evangelical vote was divided this time - also a high percentage of Evangelical Christians are black. John McCain was not a strong enough draw for Evangelicals overall.

If the Evangelical vote had been unified Obama probably would not have carried Virginia or Florida.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post

No the Evangelical vote was divided this time - also a high percentage of Evangelical Christians are black. John McCain was not a strong enough draw for Evangelicals overall.

If the Evangelical vote had been unified Obama probably would not have carried Virginia or Florida.
I just glad we are able to keep the church and state seperate this time. Christians need to stay out of politics.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnari View Post
I just glad we are able to keep the church and state seperate this time. Christians need to stay out of politics.
do you mean what you just said, or did you word it incorrectly? Christians should stay out of politics? That has to be about the worst statement I have ever heard...If I am a Chistian I should not be involved in politcs, then who should? Only Atheists?? What did you mean? Not only do you call people in the south dumb but now you say Christains have no business in politics whether running or working for their candidates...

Old 11-06-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
do you mean what you just said, or did you word it incorrectly? Christians should stay out of politics? That has to be about the worst statement I have ever heard...If I am a Chistian I should not be involved in politcs, then who should? Only Atheists?? What did you mean? Not only do you call people in the south dumb but now you say Christains have no business in politics whether running or working for their candidates...
Clarification: we should not shape policy based on what Christians think. Look it the disaster Bush is. We live in a constitutional democracy. All people and religions are treated equally. Unlike now where the Christians are like the Muslims of the middle east.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area