U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:28 PM

55 posts, read 84,566 times

Advertisements

Ok so we are seriously considering a small self sufficient village/community pseudo-sanctuary near Winkelman to weather out the coming hard times, here's the thing we are in the South East where boom cars and boom houses are rampant, in case you don't have an idea of the magnitude and prevalance as well as effects this has on people and property values please see http://www.lowertheboom.org.
We have been to Arizona before, we know that Tempe is the home of Rockford Fosgate one of the chief manufactures of Boom Car equipment, and also home of the "Beast" see http://www.lowertheboom.org/links/h07_Dying%20in%20Puddle%20of%20Diarrhea.html.
We have only been to Phoenix, Sedona,(where they will pull you over just if you weave a little, thinking you are D.U.I. being the tourist attraction it is we found the local Govt and Police to be very strict. but cost to live there is too high) Flag and Overnight In Tuba City, as we recall we did experience some degree of strong Boom. Is it naive to think that there are no booms in the Gila County desert, or is it likely that one of the "neighbors" will be booming with either there mega car or home stereo booms or traffic from Phoenix down to Tuscon via 77 will be booming? If so then this is not the sanctuary we seek and we must reconsider relocation any suggestion other than the Moon or Mars would be greatly appreciated , we are severely shell shocked, have had our lives majorly disrupted and can can not find anyone here in the South to help us relocate, from this menace. If you would like to help us in our endeavors please see. ProposalPlea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 01:47 PM

21,157 posts, read 26,440,851 times
Try Scottsdale right next to Phx..........the Scottsdale PD takes a very dim view towards riffraff---------which includes noise.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:11 PM

803 posts, read 1,443,636 times
At first I thought that you were preparing for Armageddon. After briefly reading the links, I see that your primary goal is to avoid annoying loud stereos and I empathize.

I doubt that you would be completely free of this problem in any urban or suburban area, although there are degrees of exposure.

You should map out the proposed Gila County location (definitely a rural county), and see how far you are from the highways and from new planned subdivisions that may have been built there. Good luck.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Try Scottsdale right next to Phx..........the Scottsdale PD takes a very dim view towards riffraff---------which includes noise.
We have been to Scottsdale, unfortunately like most college towns there will be boom cars no doubt, besides it's not in our price range. As this being written the riff raff up the road is booming away in there mobile home, just got off the phone with Code Enforcement, they are going to talk to the PD Chief and see what they can do.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
At first I thought that you were preparing for Armageddon.
Nope not end of the world, just the end of a system that should have been put out of it's misery a long time ago!

Quote:
After briefly reading the links, I see that your primary goal is to avoid annoying loud stereos and I empathize.
Thank you we appreciate it it's so hard to get people to sympathize down here, even though many suffer silently.

Quote:
I doubt that you would be completely free of this problem in any urban or suburban area, although there are degrees of exposure.
Yes we realize that, we are going to have put up with it now and then, but I will tell you rural or not it's pervasive everywhere even in the rural midwest, because of the factory farms the punks that work there have them in there cars. We have yet to find a rural area that doesn't have the problem!

Quote:
You should map out the proposed Gila County location (definitely a rural county), and see how far you are from the highways and from new planned subdivisions that may have been built there. Good luck.
Already doing that on Google Earth, how busy is 77 or 70? Because the location is about 2 miles from them, but it's like 70 some miles from PHX and 60 some from I-10. Also what is that blue colored place near Hayden that looks like a Geode? Is that some kind of copper mining operation?

Thanks

Old 11-07-2008, 03:08 PM

81 posts, read 134,818 times
Wow, just wow!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:17 PM

458 posts, read 455,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthwriter View Post
Nope not end of the world, just the end of a system that should have been put out of it's misery a long time ago!

Thank you we appreciate it it's so hard to get people to sympathize down here, even though many suffer silently.

Yes we realize that, we are going to have put up with it now and then, but I will tell you rural or not it's pervasive everywhere even in the rural midwest, because of the factory farms the punks that work there have them in there cars. We have yet to find a rural area that doesn't have the problem!

Already doing that on Google Earth, how busy is 77 or 70? Because the location is about 2 miles from them, but it's like 70 some miles from PHX and 60 some from I-10. Also what is that blue colored place near Hayden that looks like a Geode? Is that some kind of copper mining operation?

Thanks
The 77 has a fair amount of traffic. On the weekends it is busy from people going to the White Mountains from Tucson. Also lots of motorcycles joyriding on the weekends. Quieter during the week. People are zipping by at 70 MPH, I don't think boomboxes will be much of an issue. How close are you to the highway? If you are down below close to the San Pedro River you won't hear anything from the highway above. And, the blue colored hills near Hayden are tailings they spray with a blue colored coating to keep the dust down. There is a copper smelter there.

Look at Araviapa Canyon near Winkelman. Very serene place with a year round creek.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:28 PM

21,157 posts, read 26,440,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthwriter View Post
We have been to Scottsdale, unfortunately like most college towns there will be boom cars no doubt, besides it's not in our price range. As this being written the riff raff up the road is booming away in there mobile home, just got off the phone with Code Enforcement, they are going to talk to the PD Chief and see what they can do.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
You must be thinking of Tempe; that is the next town S of Scottsdale which has ASU.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:01 PM

Yes I was thinking of Tempe, not Scotts, nevertheless, traffic must spillover from Tempe I would think.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:15 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,957,329 times
I don't encounter boom cars that often - not even often enough to think about it. Apparently it is worse elsehwere in the country.

A few years back I had trouble with neighbors cranking the mega bass on their home stereo system and the vibrating was disturbing me at home.

I did not tolerate it. I repeatedly called the Phoenix PD on them till it stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area