Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 02:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
As more Californians move here the political climate will continue to change. Not supporting it, just telling you the way it is.

McCAIN (To carry AZ) ,Sheriff Joe and Andrew Thomas won closer then they would like elections...

In four years the state may very well go blue.
only time will tell. I am not certain it will happen, at least not that fast...I think the more free spirited Calif (I am trying to be politically correct) may leave Ca for Or, Co or Wa..now I am just generalizing here, not saying none will or have come to AZ..I know Lake Havasu has lots of Ca immagrents..

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 03:28 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,144 times
There was a interesting map posted on the Phoenix City Data Forum a couple of weeks ago. . . it showed which zip codes in Phoenix polled blue (majority Democratic voters) and which polled Red. The solidly blue areas were pretty much clustered around downtown, mostly the historic neighborhoods, I think. I live far north, and central (near 16th st and Bell road) and was amazed to see my zip code go from red to pink. Nevertheless, only 2 yard signs on my block, both for Obama, and no theft or damage of anyone's political signs in the neighborhood.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:31 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
Where are the alternative areas from which this poster is looking:"Want to move to a Conservative town in the surrounding Phoenix area, help!!"?

We are looking for areas where there isn't a lot of proselytizing from religious types and more of a live and let live attitude. We do believe in community and responsibility so a place with considerate, stable and financially secure neighbors with a strong work ethic is also important but not snooty or obsessed with materialism. I am not a church goer, not really a believer for that matter. I would like to live in an area where there is a more open minded and tolerant attitude especially in the schools. Good schools that is. How are Waddell, Wittman, Litchfield Park, Anthem, Vistancia? What about Northeast Mesa, Surprise, Peoria or North Phoenix? We are medical people so we can live virtually anywhere and be convenient to work. We know the areas by visiting but it's impossible to get a sense of how people interact in just a day or two.

At the risk of being hypocritical we do want to live among and have our children go to school with like minded people. People with the same economic circumstances which is solidly middle to upper middle calss.
Good luck.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:33 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
They are NOT apparent, because they are NOT here! I grow weary of people on this board trying to convince outsiders to move here, under some guise of panacea. It's not here! This is NOT a liberal place. All one has to do is to look at the polls of the election to get it! This county went Red! And Mesa, excuse me, is a pit!
My gosh, why aren't you movin'on? Waiting until your are 80?

Old 11-11-2008, 03:34 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
Where are the alternative areas from which this poster is looking:"Want to move to a Conservative town in the surrounding Phoenix area, help!!"?

We are looking for areas where there isn't a lot of proselytizing from religious types and more of a live and let live attitude. We do believe in community and responsibility so a place with considerate, stable and financially secure neighbors with a strong work ethic is also important but not snooty or obsessed with materialism. I am not a church goer, not really a believer for that matter. I would like to live in an area where there is a more open minded and tolerant attitude especially in the schools. Good schools that is. How are Waddell, Wittman, Litchfield Park, Anthem, Vistancia? What about Northeast Mesa, Surprise, Peoria or North Phoenix? We are medical people so we can live virtually anywhere and be convenient to work. We know the areas by visiting but it's impossible to get a sense of how people interact in just a day or two.

At the risk of being hypocritical we do want to live among and have our children go to school with like minded people. People with the same economic circumstances which is solidly middle to upper middle calss.
In the current "down" market, there are lots of places for sale in the nice historic neighborhoods near downtown. Not sure what the schools are like there, but these are relatively "high income" areas, and you can probably get a real deal right now.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
only time will tell. I am not certain it will happen, at least not that fast...I think the more free spirited Calif (I am trying to be politically correct) may leave Ca for Or, Co or Wa..now I am just generalizing here, not saying none will or have come to AZ..I know Lake Havasu has lots of Ca immagrents..

Nita
Actually: Havasu is rather intolerant of people who are not party animals and/or not into the boat scene.

I lived there ca. 2003 and it left a lot to be desired.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:20 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
There was a interesting map posted on the Phoenix City Data Forum a couple of weeks ago. . . it showed which zip codes in Phoenix polled blue (majority Democratic voters) and which polled Red. The solidly blue areas were pretty much clustered around downtown, mostly the historic neighborhoods, I think. I live far north, and central (near 16th st and Bell road) and was amazed to see my zip code go from red to pink. Nevertheless, only 2 yard signs on my block, both for Obama, and no theft or damage of anyone's political signs in the neighborhood.
I believe that.

Central Phx is indeed more 'Liberal'............but, our species of Liberal is a far cry from the stereotypical New England/SF variety. We tend to be a bit more right wing.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:22 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,320,245 times
Try these central Phoenix areas by zip code:

Old 11-11-2008, 07:21 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,447,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
My gosh, why aren't you movin'on? Waiting until your are 80?
You wanna buy my house at what it's worth? Did not think so.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:22 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,447,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I believe that.

Central Phx is indeed more 'Liberal'............but, our species of Liberal is a far cry from the stereotypical New England/SF variety. We tend to be a bit more right wing.
Oh so true. It does depend on one's definition. I go by a San Francisco definition, which is why this town is in no way left leaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area