Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 02:04 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,881,952 times

Advertisements

My husband surprised me today but saying we could purchase that second home sooner than we thought! I'm very excited because I love the Scottsdale/Phoenix/Carefree area. I love climbing Camelback Mt and can't wait to explore and climb more in the area. We have stayed at a resort a few times in Carefree that also sells condos. Would you recommend the area, or where would you guys recommend thats close to shopping, restaurants, etc, but still is peaceful and in the mountains?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 03:22 PM

1,489 posts, read 2,027,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
My husband surprised me today but saying we could purchase that second home sooner than we thought! I'm very excited because I love the Scottsdale/Phoenix/Carefree area. I love climbing Camelback Mt and can't wait to explore and climb more in the area. We have stayed at a resort a few times in Carefree that also sells condos. Would you recommend the area, or where would you guys recommend thats close to shopping, restaurants, etc, but still is peaceful and in the mountains?
Wow! Nice husband!

I live north of Carefree and LOVE it...however, even if you live in "downtown" Carefree it is pretty remote. I imagine you are speaking of either the Boulders or the Carefree Convention center...it's a good 30 minute drive to big shopping areas. This really bothered me a few years ago, now I'm used to it. Just want to warn you.

If you want a get a way, I think Carefree is a great idea. If you or your husband fly they have a great, small private airpark...I know a few condo's are for sale there.

If you really like Paradise Valley....boy is the time right to buy a condo there. As you know it's in the heart of things, but beautiful with good walking/hiking/mountain paths at your doorstep.

Pls msg me if I can be of help. I know Carefree/Desert Mtn area well and will share what I know. Good luck.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:10 PM

33 posts, read 136,146 times
Hi,

It is a great area. I have clients looking in the same area. They love the Buttes. It really comes down to what kind of lifestyle you want. If you will be coming to town a lot you might want to be closer. If you want more peaceful then out in careful would be better.

Stephen

Old 11-14-2008, 07:51 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,881,952 times
Thanks for the suggestions. We're going to look into Paradise Valley some more, thanks Omle for mentioning the area. It might be more suitable to stay in that area and drive out when the mood hits us. We'll be visiting soon, and I'm sure I'll have more questions after the trip

Old 11-14-2008, 09:19 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,262,829 times
Hubby's cousin lives right on the Carefree/Scottsdale border, it is awesome...

Nita

Old 11-14-2008, 11:44 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,139,099 times
Quote:
Congrats! Northern Scottsdale is beautiful....Carefree seems to fit your criteria the best though....it's also my favorite.....beautiful area in the mountains with tons of new shops......

best of luck

Old 02-08-2010, 06:34 PM

16 posts, read 76,552 times
In 1960,I first laid eyes on the Greater Phoenix area and all of it was heaven on earth to me.It still is,for that matter,just different.My hiking this wonderful place,has brought me back over 100 times since 1960, because it is just that special.However,I want to purchase an existing dwelling this spring.I would be deeply saddened,if I were to spoil any of this splendid
desert.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 PM

643 posts, read 1,389,771 times
Quote:
I say go for it!!! I love the area. Excellent choice

Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,039,853 times
I'm next door to Carefree in the Cave Creek area. Love it and feel blessed to live here. After living in L.A. it took me a while to get used to having to drive for major shopping, but that is a small price to pay to live up here. I don't rush off to the store every day but combine my trips. Stock up maybe once or twice a month. And I shop on-line a lot more now.

But it's quiet. Traffic isn't a daily hassel. Have to tell you, when I go to Paradise Valley it's like going to the "big city". I like PV. Beautiful town. But if I had to choose between PV and up here... No doubt I'd stay up here.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:31 AM

203 posts, read 489,660 times
Where you should buy is in large part dictating by your price range and what you're looking for...home, condo, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area