U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:35 AM

17,394 posts, read 20,586,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatrine View Post
Lol, Im not a name caller, or rude,lol I just wish we had the normal weather for this time of year, rather than 10 degrees hotter.

Ama
It was a record high yesterday so you have a point. I can appreciate the desire to have a cool day (actually we had a couple in the 50s-low 60s earlier this fall - how soon we forget). I would like a big chill myself after the long summer. Still, this is Chamber of Commerce weather anywhere on earth. The mornings are especially perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 07:49 AM

3,886 posts, read 6,323,502 times
Chesnuts roasting by my swimming pool, Jack Frost melting by my toes, .................................................. .....Christmas is coming...................PSYC!

Old 11-18-2008, 07:54 AM

5,023 posts, read 5,008,555 times
Where I used to live as a kid, down the street we had a giant chestnut tree. Big shiny chestnuts surrounded by a thorny skin that you'd have to crack/pry off. Geez, the things you miss...

Old 11-18-2008, 08:08 AM

17,394 posts, read 20,586,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
Where I used to live as a kid, down the street we had a giant chestnut tree. Big shiny chestnuts surrounded by a thorny skin that you'd have to crack/pry off. Geez, the things you miss...
I had one right outside my window. We kids collected the chestnuts - so smooth and brown I remember them - but we never roasted them. I think they were the wrong type? I miss the maple trees more. We would put a nail in them and hang a bucket and collect the sap, then drop snowballs in to make sweet maple snowcones. Of course, I'm grown now and would probably just complain about having to rake up the leaves.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 AM

430 posts, read 948,196 times
Default haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Chesnuts roasting by my swimming pool, Jack Frost melting by my toes, .................................................. .....Christmas is coming...................PSYC!
lol I am pictureing Santa on a pool float, thanks a lot Twiggy!

Old 11-18-2008, 11:02 AM

21,157 posts, read 26,396,230 times
Lest one forget: Jesus Christ the man was born in the land of sunshine, palm trees, and citrus-----not in a '4 season' climate

Old 11-18-2008, 11:17 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,215,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady2 View Post
lol then the poster gets upset because they get a nasty PM after this reply! priceless
I hardly got upset its going to take more then some psycho ***** who forgot her meds to get me upset.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:56 PM

3,532 posts, read 4,605,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Lest one forget: Jesus Christ the man was born in the land of sunshine, palm trees, and citrus-----not in a '4 season' climate
Good point! However, the "traditional" holiday season in the modern sense focusses very little on the birth of Jesus (sadly). The "Christmas spirit" is all about snow, sleigh bells, Santa Claus, decorations, and most of all: shopping 'til you drop.
()

With that in mind, I really find it difficult to get into the "holiday spirit" with record high temperatures in the upper 80s. Remember that normally, the Christmas season is one of our wettest times of the year. I sure would like to see some good rain and cooler temps by the time December arrives!

Old 11-19-2008, 02:21 PM

3,886 posts, read 6,323,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And what in the heck is Martha Stewart suppose to do in Phoenix this holiday season Bear?:smack

It's not fair that her show airs here, and her magazines, it's maddnesssss!!!!!

Isn't Santa his own entity now anyway? I don't think many mix the two anymore. There are so many "holidays" in there, ones who don't even believe in Jesus that way so, best keep them all separated. I think we just say "Holiday" now. And Jesus wasn't born on "holidays" he was born on one of the "holidays". Honka, Qunka, Chrstma, la da la da, oh and lets not forget Aneithesta and Agnostica. lol

Deck the dirt with weeds and stickers, fa la la la la, la la la la, Hang the hat on cactus pricklers fa la la lala, la la la la,

Don't forget that spray can of snow for the windows people, we can at least have that!

Happy Holidays from a true "Desert Rat" like most say, at least you're not shoveling snow, or sliding home on black ice!

Last edited by twiggy; 11-19-2008 at 02:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area