Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 01:54 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times

Advertisements

Driving is a privelege not a Constitutional right. You have the right to travel on your own 2 feet, but when the Constitution was written they made no mention of automobiles since they were not invented then. The law states clearly its a privelege only to drive and it is not a right. If it were a right you wouldn't have to be licensed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 02:02 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,605 times
You do not have a constitutional right to break the law. Period. I don't like having to stay within a speed limit either, but I do it...there is a reason speed limits are set and if someone goes over that limit they do not have a constitutional right to whine or to look for a way to get out of the fine! Part of being a responsible citizen and driver is to obey the laws of the road and to take responsibility for your actions...meaning, if you screw up and go too fast, quit trying to find some loophole to get yourself out of the punishment.

Old 11-27-2008, 05:45 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Driving is a privelege not a Constitutional right. You have the right to travel on your own 2 feet, but when the Constitution was written they made no mention of automobiles since they were not invented then. The law states clearly its a privelege only to drive and it is not a right. If it were a right you wouldn't have to be licensed.
Thats just it ,you don't need to ,I don't and will not Check out the Hundreads of case law where the right to drive has been challenged and the people have won. Right to travel ,plain and simple . constitutional law superceeds all state law . now if you want to give up some of your rights that is your PRIVELAGE, but don't think for one minute you have the right to speak for me . I have and will continue to drive all over this country excersizing my rights by having no drivers license or registration plates on both of my vehicles. 5 1/2 yrs now . and no i haven't been locked up . Nor do I fear that the police can or will lock me up because i have taken the time to learn what my rights really are . Not what DMV says they are.

Old 11-27-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
You do not have a constitutional right to break the law. Period. I don't like having to stay within a speed limit either, but I do it...there is a reason speed limits are set and if someone goes over that limit they do not have a constitutional right to whine or to look for a way to get out of the fine! Part of being a responsible citizen and driver is to obey the laws of the road and to take responsibility for your actions...meaning, if you screw up and go too fast, quit trying to find some loophole to get yourself out of the punishment.
Tell me then why does the state of California put on the bottom of all their Notice to appear tickets c.p.c. 853.9 (California penal code ) The very code ( loop hole as you call it ) that explains how you can get out of the ticket by excersizing you constitutional rights ???? Check it out !!

Old 11-27-2008, 07:01 PM

214 posts, read 1,310,337 times
All this talk reminds me of some of the anti-tax payer stuff I recall as a kid 20yrs ago. Didn't work then and it doesn't wash now- whether you agree with it or not.

You're not required to file a tax return! The Government must establish your due tax! Check it out!!!

Blah, blah, blah....just slow down a bit (hell you're given 10 over) and live with it.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:09 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
I have and will continue to drive all over this country excersizing my rights by having no drivers license or registration plates on both of my vehicles. 5 1/2 yrs now . .
I don't believe you - pure and simple

Old 11-27-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I don't believe you - pure and simple
Wheather you believe my stated facts is your opinion and having been taught as an Attorney at law you have a right to your opinions but fact is as I have stated ,you can travel any where in this country without license or plates on your vehicle , if you know you rights under our constitution . Now wheather you have the info nessesary to keep you out of jail thats a whole other question . I will say I have spent over a yr in the Bullhead area of Arizona and only got stopped once by the Sherrif Dept. to which I was sent on my way. Next time i am in your area I would be more than happy to buy you a cup of coffee.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:34 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
You need to really sit down and study the Constitution and not beleive what some of your pals that think like you have told you. This is a nation of rules & laws based upon the Constitution. The Constitution states that you have "certain inalienable rights", not unequivical rights to do as you please. This is what controls anarchy.
People who beleive like you do, eventually end up in jail.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
You need to really sit down and study the Constitution and not beleive what some of your pals that think like you have told you. This is a nation of rules & laws based upon the Constitution. The Constitution states that you have "certain inalienable rights", not unequivical rights to do as you please. This is what controls anarchy.
People who beleive like you do, eventually end up in jail.
And it's those " Certain inalienable rights" I have been talking about and as to studying the Constitution . Thats what has kept me and will keep me out of jail . I find it interesting how certain some people are that I can't do as I am doing Legally ( could it be the reason I have not been arrested ?????), Maybe some others really need to stop saying you can't when research of the law clearly shows that I am not alone . and I do pay taxes on my purchases . although I am not required to file yearly taxes.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd TCE View Post
All this talk reminds me of some of the anti-tax payer stuff I recall as a kid 20yrs ago. Didn't work then and it doesn't wash now- whether you agree with it or not.

You're not required to file a tax return! The Government must establish your due tax! Check it out!!!

Blah, blah, blah....just slow down a bit (hell you're given 10 over) and live with it.
No reason to check out anything , just get yur facts straight .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area