Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:30 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,163,418 times

Advertisements

^ wow....alrighty then who peed' in your cheerio's???

Smile could be good for ya'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,040 times
40,000 photo speeding tickets issued in first 2 months

40,000 photo speeding tickets issued in first 2 months...Az Central

Old 12-04-2008, 11:50 AM

8,042 posts, read 12,261,295 times
Another SNAFU with the cameras (I knew this would be brought up sooner or later):
Speed cameras snap 170 Phoenix city cars

Citations issued by the radar cameras to city employees might be dismissed if they were speeding for emergency reasons. Hmmmmm. Well, according to some, going over the speed limit for an emergency reason still is breaking the law ... so in that case, the drivers of these "emergency vehicles" should be forced to contribute to the state coffers like everybody else. I'd really be interesting in hearing the contradicting arguments justifying why these city employees should be exempt from the law.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:45 AM

725 posts, read 2,322,052 times
I have differing opinions------------
I can see how slowing down in a hurry to avoid the flash can be dangerous.
hahahaha - slowing down in a hurry. Talk about an oxymoron!

Kinda wondering how ticketing speeders through high-tech means is such a bad thing though. I've seen so many jerks speeding around in lifted trucks, some even came close to running me off the freeway.

Drivers of these big trucks act like they own the roads here and I'm sick of it.

Maybe if some of you would get normal-sized cars you would drive like normal human-beings, instead of like a$$holes!

Old 12-08-2008, 12:00 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,261,295 times
This article that appeared in Sunday's Republic is worth reading:
Rebellion mounting vs. speed cameras

This is the best part:
Quote:
Or maybe they could find a way to balance the budget that inspires less rebellion.
Gee, what a novel idea!!! Imagine if the morons in the Legislature and our dictator Governor Napolitano actually decided to CUT SPENDING. There wouldn't be this massive budget deficit, and there would be no need to install these ridiculous cameras, which are only in place to increase revenue for the state coffers. Just think: if the Governor and the Legislature actually balanced the budget, maybe the state could hire more DPS officers to patrol the highways ... instead of these retarded looking robot cams!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:00 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,048 times
A friend of mine told me this past Sunday that he was watching a show on channel 12 about the speed cameras. If you get a ticket from the camera it does count against your DMV record - you just have to pay the fine on time.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:42 PM

725 posts, read 2,322,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
A friend of mine told me this past Sunday that he was watching a show on channel 12 about the speed cameras. If you get a ticket from the camera it does count against your DMV record - you just have to pay the fine on time.
I think it should count against you. Drive drunk, you pay the price. Drive without a DL, you pay the price. Drive too much over the speed-limit, you should pay the price too. You break a traffic law, it's your duty to suck it up and have it on your record to learn from your mistake!!!!!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 02:09 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,018,586 times
If you are not speeding, then why do you care? If you are speeding, then you should not complain if you get photographed doing so and cited for it. It always amazes me when people whine and complain about being held responsible for obeying laws...no matter how that law in enforced.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:44 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
it's amazing to me people keep parroting the same old tired lines - would you be open to police randomly stopping by your home on their patrols just to look around, after all assuming you have nothing to hide you should have no concerns right?

read the thread and you'll see why some of us with zero record of any traffic infractions care very deeply about such things

how about holding elected officials responsible for bad legislature and an inability to get with $20M of a balanced budget

Old 12-12-2008, 11:29 AM

10 posts, read 63,004 times
in my opinion speed cams are just an excuse for cops to not do thier jobs, i mean yes i respect cops, even when i come from the lower income, gang infested, "bad part of town", surprisingly i am the most repective of the officers, not because im scared of them but because i just have that type of personality.
If we honestly need speed cams then we really don't need vehicles on the road, BUT if we could really test people in all situations (weather, anger issues, drowsyness) then we could have safer roads, in my opinion i think we need huge speed limit signs with blinking lights around them so the nuts on the road can for once pay attention so they wont get into trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area