U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-17-2008, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Scottsdale now/WI before
216 posts, read 353,111 times
Reputation: 103

Advertisements

Thank you, Mike and omle! I'll see how the mood swings me when it comes time to buy, but at least I have a running start now! I live near AJ's, so I wish money were no object! (Don't we all!)

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-17-2008, 09:19 PM
 
595 posts, read 1,595,490 times
Reputation: 162
5335 miles from Santiago to Phoenix. Do you think it just might be frozen? 14 a pound for frozen fish seems kind of unreasonable to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2008, 12:23 AM
 
Location: Cave Creek, AZ USA
1,714 posts, read 3,789,559 times
Reputation: 935
Pretty sure the best price in town is Lee Lee in Glendale. Ranch in the Chinese Cultural Center is good tooo. Both have all kinds of lobster and Chilean sea bass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2008, 12:30 AM
 
Location: Eastern Maine
2,993 posts, read 1,573,717 times
Reputation: 25172
if you were up here you'd drool at the low prices lately.. $3 to 4 dollars a pound. Here's a great choice and popular around here for quality. Good luck

GourmetFoodMall <> NOTICE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
155 posts, read 272,510 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Chilean Sea Bass is really wonderful. If you cook it right (easy to do that) it has the texture and taste of a cross between lobster and scallops and a mild white fish. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2008, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
155 posts, read 272,510 times
Reputation: 87
Ditto to the Oriental Markets. LeeLee's and the one in Cofco have markets with live fish/seafood. LeeLee's will even fry up the fish for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2008, 08:21 PM
 
Location: New Mexico
263 posts, read 709,686 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
Pretty sure the best price in town is Lee Lee in Glendale. Ranch in the Chinese Cultural Center is good tooo. Both have all kinds of lobster and Chilean sea bass.

Oh yea, just near the 51 there's that other Asian market. The sichuan rstaruant is the only authentic one in the valley i know and is pretty darn tasty i might add.

The asian market on dobson and warner is also called Lee Lee market. I dind't know therw was one in the west valley. Good to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2008, 09:32 PM
 
155 posts, read 292,723 times
Reputation: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec34 View Post
Oh yea, just near the 51 there's that other Asian market. The sichuan rstaruant is the only authentic one in the valley i know and is pretty darn tasty i might add.

The asian market on dobson and warner is also called Lee Lee market. I dind't know therw was one in the west valley. Good to know.
The one in glendale just opened up a couple of month ago. I was blown away with the variety of meats and fish that they had available. Very reasonable prices also. Largest Asian store that I have ever been too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2008, 06:34 PM
 
1,483 posts, read 1,253,890 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchtime View Post
The one in glendale just opened up a couple of month ago. I was blown away with the variety of meats and fish that they had available. Very reasonable prices also. Largest Asian store that I have ever been too.
The Lee Lee's in Glendale is very nice! The restaurant to the left side of the store is quite good. Not cheap. The jalapeno salty shrimp are quite yummy! It's the peel and eat kind...very messy and delish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2008, 07:24 PM
 
Location: New Mexico
263 posts, read 709,686 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
The Lee Lee's in Glendale is very nice! The restaurant to the left side of the store is quite good. Not cheap. The jalapeno salty shrimp are quite yummy! It's the peel and eat kind...very messy and delish.

Being from AZ I thought that while those style of shrimp are good, they were too much a pain in the arse to eat. I've sinced learn from East Asian how to eat/peel with my mouth, not even using my hands. Many shrimp were sacrificied during this lengthy learning process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top